Wanna try a no-bake recipe for pumpkin sweet bites? Then, pumpkin parfaits would be a fair treat! It’s a perfect Thanksgiving dessert with cream cheese mixture and pumpkin mixture layered together in cups. Gingersnap cookies and chopped pecans on the top add a delightful crunch to every bite. So, serve pumpkin parfaits for the Thanksgiving meal and bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Pumpkin parfaits is a no-bake recipe and does not require much work. You can garnish this dessert with cookie crumbs along with pecans to add more crunch and flavor. It can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days. You can also keep this dessert in small jars. It’s a light dessert and a great alternative for pumpkin pie.
So, let’s try the recipe for pumpkin parfaits. I’ve mentioned the equipment and the ingredients you’ll need in the lists below. You can also use malt syrup or any of its substitutes for this recipe.
Read these lists and follow the instructions carefully. I’m sure your Thanksgiving pumpkin parfaits will look and taste exactly as described below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the dessert section of our blog.
1. Christmas Wreath Cupcakes– Christmas wreath cupcake is a Christmas themed fancy dessert. These are chocolate cupcakes filled with the flavor of vanilla extract and butter. The buttercream for the cupcake is filled with vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and green gel paste food color. This decorating cupcake is the dessert for Christmas.
2. Christmas Wreath Cookies– Christmas wreath cookies are Christmas-themed cookies. These cookies have butter and marshmallows mixed with cornflakes. These cookies are flavored with almond and vanilla extract along with red cinnamon candy. These buttery cookies are a bit crispy due to cornflakes and look green due to the green food color.
3. Chocolate Pudding Cake- Wanna try an eggless pudding cake? Then you should go for an eggless chocolate pudding cake. It’s a double-layered chocolate pudding cake loaded with the flavors of cocoa, vanilla, butter, and brown sugar. This cake is super easy to make and can be enjoyed on any occasion.
4. Butter Brickle Cookies– Butter brickle cookies are crispy cookies filled with buttery goodness. These cookies are flavored with butter, vanilla, and sugar. These cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy inside and are filled with toffee bits.
What Equipment Will You Need For Pumpkin Parfaits?
- Bowl- You’ll need at least two large bowls, each for cream cheese mixture and pumpkin mixture, in this recipe.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the pumpkin puree or the cream cheese mixture in the bowl.
- Whisk- Use a whisk to combine the puree with other ingredients like cinnamon, maple syrup, orange juice concentrate, etc.
- Blender- Use a blender to combine cream cheese with marshmallow creme and orange juice. It’ll make the cream cheese mixture smooth.
- Serving cups- Serve the prepared pumpkin parfaits in serving cups.
- Spoon- Spoon in both the mixtures layer by layer into the serving cups.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Pumpkin Parfaits?
|Preparation Time||Cooling Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Pumpkin Parfaits?
- Marshmallow creme- You’ll need about seven ounces of marshmallow creme to add a sweet flavor to the cream cheese.
- Cream cheese- Use about eight ounces of softened cream cheese for pumpkin parfaits.
- Orange juice- You’ll need two tablespoons of orange juice concentrate (thawed), each in pumpkin puree and in cream cheese mixture, to add citrus flavor to parfaits.
- Pumpkin puree- Use a can of pumpkin puree to add pumpkin flavor to the parfaits.
- Maple syrup- Just a one-fourth cup of maple syrup is enough to add a sweet flavor to the pumpkin puree in the parfaits.
- Cinnamon- Add ground cinnamon to the pumpkin puree. Cinnamon will give a nice spicy touch to this dessert.
- Nutmeg- Add ground nutmeg to add a warm nutty flavor to the pumpkin parfaits.
- Pecans- Add chopped toasted pecans to give a nice nutty crunch to every bite of pumpkin parfaits.
- Gingersnaps- add a whole gingersnap cookie on top while serving or crush the cookies and sprinkle it on the pumpkin parfaits.
Steps To Make Pumpkin Parfaits
1. Mix Cream Cheese And Pumpkin
Add marshmallow cream, orange juice, and cream cheese to a bowl. Mix them to combine and keep them aside. Now take another bowl and combine pumpkin paste with cinnamon, nutmeg, a tablespoon of orange juice, and syrup. Now, add a one-fourth cup of cream cheese mixture to this bowl and mix. Keep this mixture aside.
2. Prep The Pumpkin Parfaits
Start by adding cream cheese mixture at the bottom of each cup. Layer the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture and repeat the process to have alternate layers of cream cheese mixture and pumpkin mixture. Top with whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle chopped pecans and serve with a gingersnap cookie on top.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||15476 IU|
|Vitamin C||14 mg|
How Will Pumpkin Parfaits Look and Taste?
So, finally! We’ve made these scrumptious pumpkin parfaits to compliment our Thanksgiving feast. It looks as good as it tastes. It has crunchy chopped pecans and gingersnap cookies topped over the layers of cream cheese mixture and pumpkin mixture. These sweet layers are filled with the sweetness of marshmallow creme and maple syrup with a hint of citrusy orange juice. Pumpkin puree is amped up with the spiciness of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Pumpkin Parfaits Recipe
- 7 ounce Marshmallow Creme
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice Concentrate (thawed)
- 14 ounce Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Toasted Pecans (chopped)
- ¼ cup Gingersnaps (crushed)
- Mix marshmallow cream, orange juice with cream cheese in a large bowl. Now, combine pumpkin paste with cinnamon, nutmeg, a tablespoon of orange juice, and syrup in another bowl. Add a one-fourth cup of cream cheese mixture to this bowl and mix.
- Spoon some cream cheese mixture at the bottom of each cup. Now, layer the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Repeat the same process to have alternate layers of cream cheese mixture and pumpkin mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle chopped toasted pecans and serve this dessert with a gingersnap cookie on top.
Did you try this Thanksgiving dessert? Share your ideas about this recipe in the comments below. You can check out other holiday recipes here. Give them a try and enjoy your Thanksgiving.