How do you like to have your seafood or chicken? With a sauce or dip or maybe both? The provencal sauce or dip can enhance the taste of any food that we eat. In this post, let’s see how you can make the dip.
Well, I first tried the sauce at my aunt’s home last week. I couldn’t resist myself to ask the recipe of the sauce. She told me that she could make the sauce for me and in that way, I would also get to know about the recipe also. So, here I am sharing the recipe with you all.
To prepare provencal sauce, saute the onion and add the tomatoes. Cook them for 10 minutes and add the wine. Blend the mixture and keep it aside. Meanwhile, saute garlic in a pan and add olives and capers. Add the mixture to the pan and it is ready to serve.
You can also adds some poultry seasoning for some extra herby flavor. If there’s no poultry seasoning, you can simply use any of the poultry seasoning substitutes.
Now that you have got an idea about the recipe, it’s time to get started with the detailed recipe for making the perfect sauce. Let’s start gathering the ingredients required for making the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Poppy Seeds Paste– Today, I will be sharing with you the recipe for healthy poppy seeds paste. It is an easy-peasy recipe that you can make at home following simple steps.
2. Chipotle Sour Cream– The recipe is very versatile and easy to make. You can also make the dairy-free and vegan version of the dip by using cashew sour cream and vegan mayonnaise instead of yogurt.
3. Mushroom Sauce– There can be nothing better than silky and smooth mushroom sauce to serve with steak, chicken, baked potatoes and pasta.
4. Besciamella– Besciamelle is an Italian version of béchamel and is used mostly with different types of pasta. This sauce is most prominent in European countries.
Provencal Sauce Recipe
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 pc Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 pounds Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 cups White Wine
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Capers
- ½ cup Fresh Herbs
- Take a medium-sized saucepan and keep it over medium heat. Add some olive oil and put in some chopped onion.
- Saute the onions for about 6 minutes until they are a little tender. Do not overcook them and don’t turn them brown.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook them for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Cover the pan with a lid and wait until the tomatoes release their juice. Stir them in between
- Add some wine and take off the lid; let it cook on low heat for about 50 minutes or until the sauce gets thicker.
- With the help of any blender, blend the sauce and take it off the heat. Keep the sauce aside and clean the pan.
- After your pan is clean and dry, add some olive oil and keep it over medium heat. Add garlic and saute it for about 2-3 minutes and make sure you don’t burn them.
- Add the chopped olives and capers and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour the reserved sauce in this garlic and check whether the seasonings and salt are enough or not.
- Serve this sauce with chicken, pasta, seafood and you can also freeze it for later use.
So are you ready to try this recipe? We welcome your thoughts and any other suggestions that you have regarding this recipe. Please reach out by commenting on your views and ideas in the comments box below. We would love to add the necessary details and ideas of yours.