Gym freaks and caffeine addicts assemble! Today we are going to discuss the common area of both spheres. The question posed here is, “Can you put protein powder in coffee?” Well, I have a short answer for and a long explanation for you. Guess what? I am going to tell you both!
The short & simple answer is yes, it’s okay to mix protein powder in coffee. Try adding protein powder to your morning coffee tomorrow (hot & cold). Protein powder is one of the most widely used nutritional supplements by people of all demographics for many reasons. Despite their diet and lifestyle choices, protein coffee is an easy way for everyone to get their daily fill of this vital macronutrient.
The body uses protein to repair cells, boost your metabolism and maintain strong bones and teeth, among many other positive effects. So how does coffee come into the picture? A recent study published by the National Coffee Association states that about 62% of Americans drink coffee every day, with the average American having at least 3 cups.
This isn’t very shocking to us, though, as coffee is one of the best ways to stay energized and boost your productivity throughout the day. With both coffee and protein powder providing such great nutritional value, why not combine them for the ultimate superfood? In today’s post, we’ll look at why putting protein powder in your coffee may be the best thing yet!
Why Should You Put Protein Powder In your Coffee?
Protein-loaded coffee is the new trend in the wellness market. You can also hop on the bandwagon of the new “protein coffee.” Adding protein powder coffee to your daily cup of coffee is a quick and easy way to meet your daily nutritional requirements for the day in one go.
This is even more beneficial if you are on a specialty diet like keto or veganism or if you just want to use protein powder for weight loss. Health experts recommend this as a great pre-workout for those who need a caffeine boost and extra protein but don’t want to eat before working out. So, it’s great for the “breakfast skippers.”
Is Coffee Protein Powder Okay For Women?
In addition to the benefits listed above, women specifically stand to gain a lot from adding protein coffee to their diet. Even if you’re not trying to lose any weight, protein coffee is a great way to regulate your weight while maintaining your muscle mass.
When you also consider maintaining your health and appearance, protein is one of the foundational structures that make up the hair, nails, and bones. To maintain healthy hair and nails and keep your bone density perfect, you need to up your protein intake. The easiest way to do this is by adding protein powder to your coffee.
Additional Health Benefits of Adding Protein Powder To Your Coffee
While we can’t list all the health benefits in this one post, there are a few that we believe would be crucial to know.
- Makes You Feel Full For A Long Time: Adding protein powder to your coffee is a great way to improve your metabolism. It also boosts calorie burning while making you feel fuller for longer. Protein, in particular, improves the feeling of satiety, while coffee has an appetite-suppressing effect on the body.
- Improves Your Work-Out Performance: Experts also recommend that you use protein powder in your coffee to help keep you energetic throughout the day. Caffeine is known to be a natural stimulant that keeps you agile and resisting fatigue. At the same time, protein makes up for muscle loss while work-out. Both combined make for a great pre-workout drink.
- Makes Up For Your Daily Protein Needs: Protein coffee is also a great way to fill your daily protein needs. If you eat a protein-deficit diet or are a dreaded ‘breakfast skipper,’ the protein coffee is a great way to fill all the gaps.
- May Aid Weight Loss: This one is supported by the first point I mentioned. Protein coffee helps you feel full and reduces your appetite. This helps to lose weight naturally. It is, of course, important to exercise but eating healthy and in moderation is also crucial for weight loss. Protein coffee will help you with that.
- Healthier Than Your Regular Coffee: If you like consuming coffee, protein coffee might be a healthier alternative. If you are always on the go, protein coffee is a good healthy breakfast or snack.
Tips To Make Protein Coffee At Home
Well, you probably know how to make protein coffee. I am just here to tell you a few tips and tricks about making a good cup of protein coffee. The first tip is to use an immersion blender to mix the protein powder and your coffee. While many people use spoons, it might make your coffee lumpy.
So, the great idea is to mix your hot coffee with protein powder and use an immersion blender to make a consistent and creamy coffee. If you don’t have an immersion blender, I have another way for you to make a great cup of protein coffee.
Just heat the milk in a saucepan and add the protein powder into the pan. Then, just stir until the powder gets mixed with the milk and is lump-free. Once the protein ilk is ready, add your coffee to it.
Another tip is not to make the protein coffee cold. Just make hot coffee and then add ice to it. This is a sure-shot way to make a coffee with a smooth consistency. Protein powder also makes for great coffee creamer. Ever thought about that? Well, these are just a few tips you can make a good cup of coffee with some good protein powder.
So, now you know that adding protein powder to your coffee is a great idea. It has a lot of health benefits, and it also makes your coffee delicious. It is also the newest trend! So, if you give the protein coffee a try, let us know whether it was a hit or miss in the comments.
As for me, I’ll see you next time with another great article that’ll answer your burning questions and tell you about new things. Until then, take good care of yourself!
1 thought on “Can You Put Protein Powder In Coffee”
Hi, it’s a wonderful article that provides an extensive amount of information for all the readers. I got a fantastic idea on the protein coffee and I definitely drink it. Thanks for sharing!