The recipe I will share today is great to be munched as a snack. I am talking about homemade fresh pretzel sticks.
Pretzel sticks make a great snack. It is a dish that can be paired with almost every kind of dip or sauce. They are perfectly dippable, once you make them, I assure you will make them again and again. They are super handy, crunchy, and salty sticks making it a delightful snack.
To make pretzel sticks, activate the yeast and knead the dough with it. If the dough is way too sticky, add flour to it. Knead the dough until silky. Punch the dough and roll it; rest them until puffed. Add them to heated water with baking soda for 30 seconds and transfer them to a cookie sheet. Brush it with the egg wash and bake for 10 minutes. Serve.
The recipe is explained more thoroughly below. You can see them further. But first, make a list of the ingredients you need to fetch. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Puppy Chow– Puppy Chow is one of the best American desserts and snacks. Known variously as monkey munch, muddy buddies, muddy munch, reindeer munch or doggy back, this easy puppy chow recipe can be made quickly.
2. Melted Snowman Cookies– Better hurry up and eat them! These sugar cookies are melting away. Transform your favorite sugar cookies into melting snowmen in just a few minutes.
3. Krusteaz Waffles– Krusteaz Waffles recipe is easy and anyone could make it in around 15 minutes. And if you want to make Kruteaz Waffles at home, just follow the procedure in this recipe.
4. Clone of a Cinnabon– These rich, gooey cinnamon buns are the best cinnamon buns ever! They are very similar to the ones you might find at the mall, and they’re sweet, moist and delicious.
Ingredients For Pretzel Sticks
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 envelopes Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 5 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for kneading)
- 3/4 cup Baking Soda
- 1 large Egg Beaten with 1 Tablespoon Of Water
- Flaky Salt, Such As Maldon
- Yellow Mustard (for serving)
You will get access to the ingredients very easily. You can find them in your pantry or you can get them at your nearest grocery store. Let’s see the preparation time of this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Pretzel Sticks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 Minutes||2 Hours 10 Minutes||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
Making pretzel sticks at home requires patience as there are various steps involved in its making. To know more about them, look at the steps mentioned below for the recipe.
Steps To Make Pretzel Sticks
- Take a large bowl and dissolve brown sugar in 2 cups of warm water with stirring. Sprinkle yeast over this water and let it stand until it gets foamy. This will take 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of flour and vegetable oil to this activated yeast. Knead it with the remaining 2 ¾ cups flour. The prepared dough will be sticky slightly.
- Knead this dough again on a floured surface until silky in texture. This may take 3 minutes. If the dough is sticky, knead with the help of ¼ cup of flour. In a large greased bowl, transfer this dough and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rest at room temperature until it gets doubled. It may take 45 minutes.
- Set the oven on preheat to 450 degrees. Take 3 large cookie sheets and line them with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper. Now, punch down the dough and place it on a floured surface. Knead it lightly to flatten it. Cut 24 pieces out of it. Roll each piece into a 9-inch stick with a thickness of ½ inch. Place these sticks onto the cookie sheets with 2 inches gap between them. Let them rest for 25 minutes until they get puffed.
- Take a large deep skillet and pour 2 quarts of water in it with baking soda and boil it over high heat. Reduce the flame to medium. Add 6 pretzel sticks to this water using 2 slotted spoons for 30 seconds. Turn them once. Add 1 cup of boiling water before cooking the second batch. Transfer the pretzels to a paper towel and return them back to the cookie sheet.
- Brush egg washes on each stick and sprinkle with salt. Bake them for 10 minutes or until they turn brown.
- Serve them warm with mustard.
Serve it with any dip and it will taste amazing.
Nutritional Breakdown of Pretzel Sticks
Let us know how healthy these pretzels are.
How To Make Pretzel Sticks At Home | Video
Don’t worry if you are unclear of some steps. I have uploaded a similar video depicting the steps involved in this recipe so watch it and cook it as per it.
If you have any questions regarding the sauce, you can ask in the comment section below. Also, I would like to hear your suggestions regarding any recipe. Let me know if you like to know about certain recipe So have fun making them. I would love to hear from you the reviews of the recipes you tried. Enjoy!