Pressure cooker beef stew is a delicious stew with tender cooked beef, vegetables, and a thick and flavorful sauce. It is really easy to make and everything gets cooked perfectly in the cooker
Pressure cooker beef stew is a great recipe for a tender and flavorful stew. The pressurized cooking helps the stew absorb the flavors. Also, it save the time of cooking the stew for hours. It cooks the stew in less than an hour. So, this is a great way to make a nice stew quickly.
To make a pressure cooker beef stew, add butter and oil to a pressure cooker. Cook the beef in it. Then, cook the onions in it. Add browned beef and tomatoes to it. Also, add bay leaves and parsley to it and cook them. Then, add potatoes, carrots, and celery to it. Cook them for some time. Add flour to thicken it. Lastly, add corn, peas, salt, and pepper to it.
This is a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Frogmore Stew– This stew originated in the Lowcountry fishing community on St. Helena Island called Frogmore. This is why this stew is also known as Lowcountry boil or Beaufort stew.
2. Goat Stew– This goat stew originated in the Philippines. It is traditionally served on some occasions, pairing it with rice. This stew is a good healthy meal as it consists of vegetables as well as meat.
3. Sha Cha Beef– Sha Cha Sauce is really underrated, and I’m not sure why. Often labeled on its packaging as “Chinese BBQ Sauce” in English, Sha cha sauce is a mixture of shallots, garlic, dried shrimp, fish, and chilies.
4. Sticky Glazed Asian Chicken– Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken is tender and juicy chicken coated in a sticky-sweet Asian sauce. This meal is ready in just thirty minutes and the flavor is awesome.
Ingredients For Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
|Chuck Roast||2 Pounds|
|Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper||2 teaspoons|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tablespoon|
|Frozen Onion||1 cup|
|Tomatoes (crushed)||15 ounce|
|Dried Parsley||2 tablespoons|
|All-Purpose Flour||¼ cup|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|15 Mins||15 Mins||20 Mins||50 Mins|
Pressure Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- Apply salt and pepper on the beef.
- In a pressure cooker, add vegetable oil and butter and place it over medium heat.
- When the butter melts, add the beef. Cook it for 5 minutes until it turns brown.
- Transfer the beef to a plate.
- In the same pot, add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add the beef broth to it.
- Add the browned beef, tomatoes, bay leaves, and parsley to it on high pressure. Cook it on high pressure for 10 minutes
- Release the pressure and leave it for 5 minutes. Then, add potatoes, carrots, and celery to it. Cook them for 2 more minutes on high pressure.
- When it cooks, repeat the process of releasing pressure from it. Then, remove bay leaves from it.
- Whisk flour and cold water in a small bowl until smooth. In the bowl, add the mixture from the cooker and mix. Add this mixture to the cooker.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Lastly, add corn, peas, salt and pepper to it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts Of Pressure Cooker Beef Stew