Whenever I try to avoid eating food, my mother thrusts Potato Soup in front of me. Not only it is good for health, but it is a delicious meal as well. My mother is quite an expert in making Potato Soup.
Moreover, she also taught me how to make Potato Soup recipe easily and without any help. Over a period of time, I too became an expert in making it. We make Potato Soup as a dinner every weekend. Still, it is my mother’s favourite as she uses it as a medium to put healthy things inside my stomach.
Potato is one of the major ingredients used in a variety of dishes. Potato soup is one of them. It is an amazing dish made with bacon, potatoes, milk, cheese, chicken broth and carrots as well. It can be made within half an hour and doesn’t require many efforts. It can be made easily in your homes.
So, in this article, I will guide you to the process of making Potato Soup. Check out the below mentioned Potato Soup Recipe and follow the directions to get a perfect soup.
Ingredients required for Potato Soup Recipe
|Bacon Strips (chopped)||6|
|Cubed Peeled Potatoes||3 cups|
|Grated Small Carrot||1|
|Chopped Onion||1/2 cup|
|Dried Parsley Flakes||1 tablespoon|
|Celery Seed||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chicken Broth||1 can|
|All-Purpose Flour||3 tablespoons|
|Process Cheese( Velveeta or cheddar or Colby Jack); cubed||8 ounces|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Potato Soup Recipe
- Take a large saucepan.
- Cook bacon (until it gets crispier) over medium heat. Also, don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Now drippings are to be drained.
- Put vegetables, seasonings and broth into it.
- After bringing it to a boil, simmer it (by reducing heat) until they get tender and smooth (cook it covered).
- Combine flour and milk together until they get tender, then add into soup with constant stirring.
- Let it cook while stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add cheese until it gets melted.
- Serve it hot ( you can serve it with thinly sliced green onions as well).
Nutritional information of Potato Soup Recipe
|Saturated fats||7 gm|