What could be a better choice in those chilly winters when you crave something scorching, loaded with some veggies and healthy at the same time? People would prefer coffee but wait! That doesn’t have veggies in it. So, what’s left next? A soup? Yes! It is the soup that I am talking about. Soup is always a perfect meal when you don’t feel hungry but want to eat something simultaneously. So, today for the soup lovers, we have included an ideal soup recipe in our menu that will make your taste buds crazy.
The soup recipe today is known as potato leek soup. This soup recipe is a french delight and has got its popularity worldwide due to its unique taste and ingredients used. Those golden potatoes, along with green leeks and chicken broth infused and cooked together, just make this soup more tempting. So, what’s your call on this? Let’s give this recipe a try and know why this french soup is so known worldwide.
Soups are good for our metabolism and make our bodies warm within. Properly boiled veggies and other herbs included in them makes it healthy. Soups digest easily and provide the direct benefit of the nutrients present in those veggies incorporated in it.
Don’t have leeks? Here is a list of leek substitutes that you can use. So, let’s start this soupy recipe and see what’s like making a healthy soup at home without any hustle. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Chicken Noodle Soup– Chicken noodle soup is the comfort food for a lot of people, including me. You can eat it for its nutrition or for its taste. It is light, delicious and easy to make.
2. Hasselback Potatoes– If you’re looking for a baked potato snack, then make these crispy Hasselback Potatoes at your home.
3. Garlic Chips– An easy, no-fuss tutorial on how to make crispy garlic chips at home, and ways to incorporate them into your cooking repertoire.
4. Potato Soup– Potato is one of the major ingredients used in a variety of dishes. Potato soup is one of them. It is an amazing dish made with bacon, potatoes, milk, cheese, chicken broth and carrots as well.
Ingredients for Potato Leek Soup
|Unsalted Butter||3 tsp.|
|Leeks (White & Green part only)||4 pc.|
|Gold Potatoes||2 pounds|
|Chicken or Vegetable Broth||7 cups|
|Bay Leaves||2 pc.|
|Fresh Thyme||3 sprigs|
|Ground Black Pepper||¼ tsp.|
These were the nutrients rich ingredients I was talking about. Note them and grab them from any supermarket or grocery store nearby.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
The timings say that you have to wait for about an hour to taste this French cuisine. And to be hornets, this wait is all worth it. Keep calm and get this hot and delicious soup when those chilling flurries flow around your place.
The leeks used in these soup are known for their blood clotting properties and they are also highly rich in iron, which helps your body make more blood. So, the healthy nature of this recipe makes it one of the best across the world.
Now, let’s see how it’s made and how you have to utilize the ingredients to get the best out of them.
Potato Leek Soup recipe
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Now add the garlic and leeks together and cook it for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Don’t cook them more; make sure they don’t turn brown.
- Put in the potato, bay leaves, broth, thyme, salt, and pepper and bring this all to a boil. Boil them, keeping the heat simmer until the potatoes are soft enough.
- If you want, you can take out the thyme and bay leaves and blend the mixture until it is completely smooth.
- Now add the heavy cream (if you want) and check the soup’s consistency, whether it is too thick or thin. Add more water in case it is thick. Boil it on low heat in case it is thin.
- Garnish with some seasonings and cilantro leaves and serve hot.
Enjoy this hot, thick, delicious, and healthy soup with your family and friends. Have the goodness of both healthy nutrients and delicious taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Potato Leek Soup
Here is the best part. The nutritional breakdown of this Potato Leek soup that will make you wonder how healthy it really is.
How to Make Potato Leek Soup at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can refer to know more about this recipe and its complete details. Watch it and know everything clearly and more precisely.
Try out this Potato Leek Soup recipe and share it with your friends and family. Do let us know your reviews in the comments section below. Feel free to suggest anything that can be added to the recipe to make it better.