Porketta roast is made by roasting pork that is covered in different spices. It is really easy to make and gets ready in no time.
Porketta roast is a very simple recipe. You just have to coat the pork roast with a blend of different spices and then, roast it. The pork meat is juicy and gives a delicious flavor when cooked along with the spices. It makes for a great dinner.
To make Porketta roast, add fennel seeds, dill seeds, oregano, lemon pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix them well. Coat the pot roast with the spice mixture. Bake the pork roast for about an hour and a half.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice– If you are fond of Tex-Mex recipes, then you will surely love this one. The recipe is for tex-mex chicken with black beans and rice.
2. Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco– The recipe for today is Birria de Chivo Estilo Jalisco. It is a goat meat stew made with marinated meat. It is also known as Mexican braised goat and this dish is served from street carts to restaurants in Mexico.
3. Pork Lo Mein– Lo mein is a noodle dish that often is confused with chow mein, and many Chinese restaurants further the confusion by using the two names interchangeably.
4. Pork Picnic Shoulder– Picnic shoulder is the most flavorful part of the meat. It is tough to cook, which is why it requires a lot of time as it has to be cooked slowly.
Porketta Roast Recipe
- 10×15 inch Roasting Pan
- 1 tablespoon Dill Seed
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 pounds Boneless Pork Roast
- Preheat the oven to 325oF (165oC).
- In a small bowl, add fennel seeds, dill seeds, oregano, lemon pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix them well. Coat the pork roast with this spice mixture.
- Place the pork in a 10×15 inch roasting pan.
- Put the roasting pan in the oven and bake the pork for about 1 to 1 ½ hours. It will be done when the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145oF (63oC).
- Serve hot.