Meat pies are much loved and one such pie is the pork pie. It has pork and beef, which makes it high in protein and calories. It is easy to make and tastes delicious. Today, I am going to tell you how to make pork pie at home.
Traditional pork pies have their origins in England. They are basically an upgraded version of meat pies and people love them so much because of their amazing and rich taste.
To make a pork pie, you will need ground pork, ground beef, pie shells, mashed potatoes, black pepper, salt, egg white and ground nutmeg. Simply mix all the ingredients together, put it in pie shells and bake. Then, take it out and serve it hot.
You can make perfect pork easily by following this easy recipe. The detailed steps are mentioned below. But first, I’ve mentioned some other cherry pie recipes that I think you should definitely try at your home.
1. Sausage Pie– Sausage Pie is a vintage recipe that has a flaky crust, and a savory sausage cheese base. This easy sausage pie recipe is so easy to make and requires just a few ingredients.
2. Meat Pie– These meat pies are delicious pastries filled with minced beef, pork, potato and onion. The pastry is slightly flaky and very rich in flavor, the filling is moist and very flavorful.
3. Seafood Pie– The good thing about this pie is that it is very adaptable- add your favorite seafood and dial-up or down the creaminess by adjusting the amount of cream.
4. Farmhouse Cheddar Skillet Pie– Eggs and cheese make a perfect breakfast. But having them in the form of this farmhouse cheddar skillet pie can be really interesting. This recipe is partially made on flame and partially in the oven.
Pork Pie Recipe
- Pie Dish
- 2 Pound Ground Pork
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 Pie Shells
- 1½ Cups Mashed Potatoes
- Black Pepper and Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- First of all, cook the pork and beef by placing it on a pan with medium flame. When appropriately cooked, drain the grease off. Then, take the meat and mix it with pepper, salt, potatoes and nutmeg.
- Now, take a pie dish and line it up with pastry and put the mixture into pie crust and top with another pie with the help of egg whites.
- Finally, put aluminum foil on the edges of the shield crust and then bake it for 45 minutes. After that, remove the foil from the edges and keep baking it for 15 minutes so that it is cooked properly. Take it out and serve hot!