Pork belly bites are the perfect appetizer, snack, or main course dish. They make for a mouthwatering dish with intense flavors and crispy texture. Try out this easy pork belly bites recipe for the best party snack this festive season.
Pork belly bites are so flavorful that you can also toss them in a salad, put them in tacos, top them on nachos, or put them in sandwiches.
For the uninitiated, pork belly is uncured and unsliced bacon that comes from the belly of the pig. It is made from layers of fat and meat. The layers of fat in the pork belly allow it to stay moist. It can also be smoked.
The pork belly bites recipe that I’m going to share with you today makes for a succulent and delicious dish. To make this dish you will need pork belly cubes and marinate them in a flavorful sauce.
For the marination you will need ingredients such as honey, soy sauce, chili flakes, ginger and garlic, cider vinegar, and green onions for garnish.This dish is so incredible that you can serve it in many ways.
In the sections below, I will tell you how to serve pork belly bites and more. So, let’s check out how to make pork belly bites.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pork Belly Bites Recipe?
- Knife – You will need a knife to cut pork meat cubes.
- Pan– A pan will be required to prepare pork belly bites.
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to make the marinade.
- Spoon – Spoon with help you toss the pork cubes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pork Belly Bites Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||12 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pork Belly Bites Recipe?
- Pork Belly – To make this dish, we will need 15 ounces of fresh pork belly cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Salt & Pepper – We will need one teaspoon each of salt and pepper to season the pork cubes.
- Ginger – To prepare the sauce we will need one thumb-size piece of grated ginger.
- Garlic – To make the sauce, we will also require two large cloves of grated garlic.
- Honey – To add some sweetness to the sauce we will add two tablespoons of honey.
- Soy Sauce – To add a subtle umami flavor to this dish we will use three tablespoons of light soy sauce and one tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- Cider Vinegar– One teaspoon of cider vinegar will add tangy and sour flavors.
- Red Chili Flakes – To provide a little heat to the dish, we will add one teaspoon of chili flakes. You can reduce it or increase the quantity according to your liking.
- Green Onions – we will need one sliced green onion for garnishing.
Steps To Make Pork Belly Bites
1. Prepare The Pork Cubes
Remove the skin from the pork belly and cut it into cubes. Place the pork belly pieces in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub the pieces nicely to infuse the flavors fully.
2. Cook Pork Belly Bites
To cook the meat, heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast-iron skillet on high flame. Fry the pork cubes for 5 minutes on each side. You don’t need to add oil to the pan as the pork will release its fat.
Reduce the heat to medium-high while flipping the cubes. If you find the meat getting too brown, reduce the heat to medium flame. Remove the cubes and discard the fat accumulated in the pan. Be careful while handling the pan as a cast-iron pan will be quite hot at this time.
3. Prepare Sauce
While the meat cooks, we will prepare the sauce. To make the sauce take a small bowl and grate the ginger and the garlic. Add soy sauce, honey, cider vinegar, and chili and stir well to combine.
4. Toss The Cubes
Place the pork belly bites into the pan again and pour the sauce over them. Stir the ingredients for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat until the pieces are well-coated and the sauce reduces. Garnish the pork belly bites with green onions and serve immediately.
How Can We Serve Pork Belly Bites?
Pork belly bites can be served in many different ways. As appetizers you can serve them on a platter or insert the pork belly bite cubes on skewers.
As an entree, you can serve pork belly bites with noodles or rice and a crisp vegetable salad. They can also be served along with potato wedges, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, coleslaw, or roasted vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, carrots, or a mix of roasted vegetables.
How To Store Pork Belly Bites?
Pork belly bites are best served immediately. They become crispy on the outside when served straight out of the pan. However, if you have some pork belly bites left after a meal, you can keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for two days.
Before the refrigerated pork belly bites, you can reheat them in the oven at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, you can also freeze the leftovers.
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||28 g|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Pork Belly Bites Look and Taste Like?
Pork belly bites taste absolutely delicious with their sweet, tangy, and umami flavors. They are succulent on the inside and crisp on the outside. You can enjoy them on their own or serve them with other dishes. You can toss them up in salad, fill them in tacos, wraps, and sandwiches. This recipe is very easy and gets ready quickly.
Pork Belly Bites Recipe
- 15 ounces Pork Belly
- 1 thumb-size Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (grated)
- 1 Green Onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fine Salt or Kosher
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Remove the skin from the pork belly and cut it into cubes. Place the pork belly cubes in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub them thoroughly to season them well.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast-iron skillet on high flame. You don’t need to add oil to the pan as the pork will release its own fat.
- Fry the pork belly cubes for 5 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to medium-high flame while flipping the cubes. If you find the meat getting too brown, reduce the heat to medium flame.
- Remove the pork belly cubes and discard the fat accumulated in the pan. Be careful while doing so as at this time a cast-iron pan will be quite hot.
- While your meat cooks, start preparing the sauce. To do so, take a small bowl and grate the ginger and the garlic into it. Add soy sauce, honey, cider vinegar, and chili and stir well to combine.
- Put the pork belly bites into the pan again and pour the sauce over them. Stir the ingredients for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat until the pieces are well-coated and the sauce reduces.
- Garnish the pork belly bites with green onions and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much time does it take to make pork belly bites?
You will need 25 minutes to make pork belly bites.
What ingredients do you need to make pork belly bites?
To make pork belly bites you need pork cubes, ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
How can we serve pork belly bites?
You can serve pork belly bites in many ways. They can be served as appetizers, in salads, along with grilled vegetables or mashed potatoes, in wraps and sandwiches, and on top of nachos.
How long should you fry pork belly?
You should fry pork belly for 5 minutes on each side.
Is pork belly and bacon the same thing?
No, pork belly and bacon are not the same thing. Pork belly is the whole slab cut from the fleshy underside of a pig. Whereas bacon is thin strips cut from pork belly.
What herbs go with pork?
A lot of herbs go together with pork. You can use rosemary, thyme, oregano, dill, cilantro, sage, tarragon, and parsley.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this recipe as much as I did sharing it with you all. Now get your chef cap on and make these delicious pork belly bites. For more such recipes, you can check out our website.