Soft and delicious, poppy seed bread is the perfect dish for any occasion around the year. New year’s eve is incomplete without this delicious bread. It gets ready in an hour and isn’t a fuss to make.
It is advised to either soak poppy seeds in hot milk, water, or oil. You can also grind them before using them. Soaking is instrumental in softening their tough outer coating. This facilitates the release of their unique flavoring compounds at the time of baking. Also, the morphine content can be reduced by approximately 70% on washing poppy seeds with hot water.
To make poppy seed bread, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and sugar to it. Also, add vanilla extract, butter extract, and almond extract to it and whisk it for 2-3 minutes. Add the poppy seeds to the end. Pour this batter into a greased loaf pan. Then, bake it for about an hour. Take it out and let it cool. Your poppy seed bread is ready!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. You can find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Buttermilk Cornbread– Cornbread is a form of bread that is more fluffy, spongy, and has a sweet aroma. This bread is a famous American cuisine that is a standard American breakfast.
2. Pioneer Woman Cornbread– It is baked cornbread and that you can ake in less than 30 minutes. It is delicious and has simple ingredients.
3. Chicken Missi Roti– This chicken missi roti is soft, round Indian flatbread made with a combination of chicken, whole wheat flour and gram/chickpea flour and seasoned with Indian spices.
4. Rye Bread Recipe– This homemade rye bread is light and soft inside with a crusty crust. Make it with or without caraway seeds. Great for reuben sandwiches, grilled cheese, and more.
Ingredients required for Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
|All Purpose Flour||3 cups|
|Salt||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Baking Powder||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Milk||1 1/2 cups|
|Vegetable Oil||1 1/8 cups|
|Sugar||2 1/4 cups|
|Vanilla Extract||1 1/ 2teaspoons|
|Almond Extract||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Butter Extract||1 1/2 teaspoons.|
|Poppy Seeds||1 1/2 tablespoons|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
- Take two loaf pans. Grease them with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large, add bowl flour, salt, and baking powder to it and mix.
- Then, add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and sugar. Also, add vanilla extract, butter extract, and almond extract to it.
- Whisk them for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the poppy seeds to this batter.
- Pour the prepared batter into the greased loaf pans with a spoon.
- Finally, bake them in an oven preheated to 350oF for about an hour.
- Then, take it out and let it cool for some time. Your poppy seed bread is ready!
Nutritional information of Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
|Total Fats||13.8 g|
|Saturated Fats||2 g|
|Vitamin A||64 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|