If you are preparing some fried snacks, you need to have Popeyes salt seasoning. Salt seasoning is one of the secrets to Popeye’s amazing food. It is prepared with a combination of smoky, spicy, and salty flavors. Check the recipe to copycat the Popeyes salt seasoning recipe at home.
Grab some rich and flavorful spices like smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chili, sage, kosher salt, and black pepper. Blend all the dry rubs together, and your Popeyes seasoning salt will be ready!
Popeyes copycat salt seasoning recipe is super easy. Surprise your loved ones with this spicy seasoning. No fuss of cooking and baking is involved. Moreover, the best part is that you can store it at home for upto a month.
Scroll down to know the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional value, and instructions to make. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Cajun French Fries – Popeyes Cajun french fries are loaded with the flavors of Cajun spice mix. These fries are crispy golden and have a peppery smoky taste. These fries are served with ketchup or any other condiment. You can have this side dish with any type of meal.
2. Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce – Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce has spicy brown mustard whisked with mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, grain mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, and other spices. This mustard sauce can be enjoyed with any side dish of your choice.
3. Popeyes Mashed Potatoes – Popeyes mashed potatoes is a creamy delicious side dish. This dish has a velvety smooth texture. It has soft potatoes mashed with parsley, pepper, and salt. It’s topped with fresh mint leaves to give a fresh herbal twist to this dish. You can enjoy this dish with any main course dish.
4. Popeyes Spicy Mayonnaise – Popeyes spicy mayonnaise is a combination of hot sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise. This mayonnaise is spiced up by adding cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, ground cumin, and salt. This mayonnaise is easy-to-make and can be enjoyed as a dip with snacks and many side dishes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Salt Seasoning?
- Bowl – Mix all the dry components in a bowl.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to mix.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Salt Seasoning?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||3 Minutes||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Salt Seasoning?
- Kosher Salt – Use a teaspoon of kosher salt to prepare the salt seasoning.
- Smoked Paprika – Adding a teaspoon of smoked paprika will bring out the heat in the seasoning salt.
- Garlic Powder – Aromatic flavors will be enhanced by adding a pinch of garlic powder.
- Onion Powder – Take a teaspoon of onion for this seasoning.
- Sage – For peppery and minty taste, add a teaspoon of sage.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper adds hints of heat and spice when added to the seasoning.
- Chipotle Chili – Chipotle chili adds distinctive smokiness and spice to the seasoning salt.
Steps To Make Popeyes Salt Seasoning
1. Merge The Spices
For making this easy salt seasoning at home, you need smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chili, sage, kosher salt, and black pepper. Mix all the spices, and the salt seasoning will be ready!
How Will Popeyes Salt Seasoning Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes salt seasoning has got a touch of spice to it. The seasoning is delectable. The perfect blend of salty, spicy, and smoky flavors leaves you drooling.
Popeyes Salt Seasoning Recipe
- Kosher Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Chipotle Chili
- Gather the spices and a bowl to prepare the salt seasoning.
- Add a teaspoon of each smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chili, sage, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Mix the dry rubs in a bowl with a spoon. Sprinkle on your favorite dishes and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Popeyes seasoning salt made of?
Popeyes seasoning salt is prepared using smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chili, sage, kosher salt, and black pepper.
2. What does Popeyes seasoning taste like?
Popeyes seasoning has savory, spicy, and smoky flavors. The seasoning tastes delicious when sprinkled on fried chicken dishes.
3. What’s the healthiest thing to eat at Popeyes?
Popeyes chicken, sandwiches, and tender meals are healthy. These dishes include an adequate amount of carbs and protein.
4. Does Popeyes chicken have preservatives?
Popeyes chicken has no preservatives. Since 2021, the restaurant has claimed not to add any preservatives.
Are you ready to prepare Popeyes salt seasoning in a jiffy? If yes, then follow the above recipe and share your experience with us in the comment section below!