Are you looking for easy step-by-step instructions to make Popeyes mashed potatoes at home? If yes, then don’t worry, we have got your back. No need to rush to the eatery when craving Popeyes mashed potatoes. Make these delicious Popeyes mashed potatoes in your kitchen right away. For the details, scroll down!
The secret to fabulous spud is insightful: real butter. It adds a drooling flavor to gratifying Popeyes mashed potatoes. For recreating the copycat mashed potatoes recipe, take Yukon gold potatoes, milk, butter, heavy cream, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. You will just adore these sizzling creamy mashed potatoes.
Follow the pro tips, which will help you to make the perfect Popeyes mashed potatoes. Use a masher instead of an electric mixer as the latter will overwork the mash. Apart from this, mash the potatoes while they are hot. This will result in a desired super creamy texture.
Gather some of your staples to get started with the recipe. Check out the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and instructions to make the mashed potatoes now! But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Cajun French Fries – Popeyes Cajun french fries are loaded with the flavors of Cajun spice mix. These fries are crispy golden and have a peppery smoky taste. These fries are served with ketchup or any other condiment. You can have this side dish with any type of meal.
2. Popeyes Salt Seasoning – Popeye’s salt seasoning is a mixture of salt, pepper, kosher, sage, chipotle, chili, onion powder, smoked paprika, and many other spices. Use this seasoning mixture in any dish to have the flavors of these spices in it.
3. Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce – Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce has spicy brown mustard whisked with mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, grain mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, and other spices. This mustard sauce can be enjoyed with any side dish of your choice.
4. Popeyes Coleslaw – Popeyes coleslaw is a fresh and healthy side dish. It’s a healthy combination of mayonnaise, sweet relish, sugar, mustard sauce, vinegar, and fresh veggies like carrots, onions, cabbage, etc. The taste of this coleslaw is enhanced with salt-pepper seasoning. This dish can be paired with any main course dish.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan to boil the potatoes.
- Potato Masher – Using a potato masher, slush the potatoes until they are soft.
- Bowls – Mix the liquid elements in a bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – For making mashed potatoes, use Yukon gold potatoes. They are incredible for making mashed recipes.
- Virgin Olive Oil – Stir in a teaspoon of virgin olive oil to the liquid elements.
- Butter – The smooth and creamy texture of mashed potatoes can be achieved by adding butter.
- Milk – Merge half a cup of milk with butter and heavy cream to form a thick creamy sauce.
- Heavy Cream – Add heavy cream to bring out the creamy texture of mashed potatoes.
- Black Pepper – Season Popeyes mashed potatoes with a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Garlic – The cloves of garlic added to the boiling potatoes will add aromatic flavors.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- White Pepper – Adding white pepper will spice up the mashed potatoes a bit.
- Parsley – Garnish the mashed potatoes with parsley.
Steps To Make Popeyes Mashed Potatoes
1. Boil Up
Put the sliced potatoes, garlic cloves, and salt in a saucepan filled with water. Bring it to a boil. Before you remove them from the heat, make sure the potatoes are soft. Add the boiled potatoes to a bowl to mash. Don’t let the boiled potatoes cool down before mashing. The potatoes have to be hot. Otherwise, it isn’t going to be creamy.
Use any masher to slush the potatoes to soft and smooth. Simultaneously, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add heavy cream, milk, and oil. Stir the liquids until it thickens. Put the mashed potatoes in the saucepan and merge them with the liquids. This will result in smooth and creamy mashed potatoes.
Season Popeyes mashed potatoes with a teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Also, a spoon of melted butter around the mashed potatoes will beautify these yellow beauties. Serve hot and enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Popeyes Mashed Potatoes Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes mashed potatoes prepared in your kitchen tastes delectable. The silky and smooth texture of potatoes will make you drool. Moreover, the flavors of milk and heavy cream make it a splendid combination. Try the recipe now!
Popeyes Mashed Potato Recipe
- Potato Masher
- ½ kg Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- Cut the potatoes roughly into pieces, wash them, and add to the boiling water in the saucepan.
- Add some cloves of garlic and salt for extra flavors.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Before you remove them from the heat, make sure the potatoes are pierced with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, remove the extra water. Keep tossing the potatoes until excess moisture dries out.
- Add the boiled yellow beauties to a bowl. Use a masher to mash the potatoes nicely until they are soft and smooth.
- Simultaneously, in the same saucepan, melt the butter. Add heavy cream, milk, and oil. Stir the liquids until it thickens.
- Turn off the flame and add the mashed potatoes to the thickened cream sauce. Whip up everything uniformly for 2-3 minutes until the mash becomes silky and smooth.
- Season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper. Also, let a teaspoon of melted butter drool all over.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How are Popeyes mashed potatoes made?
Popeyes mashed potatoes are prepared by boiling and mashing the potatoes. Further, the potatoes are merged with the liquid elements to achieve the desired thickness.
2. Does Popeyes put meat in their mashed potatoes?
Popeyes add pork and chicken to make the gravy. However, mashed potato alone has none of them.
3. Can you get Popeyes mashed potatoes without gravy?
Popeyes mashed potatoes are customizable. You can order the potatoes both with and without gravy.
4. Are Popeyes mashed potatoes good?
Yes, Popeyes mashed potatoes are smooth, moist, and flavorful. It is offered with Cajun gravy.
Get ready to try these silky and smooth mashed potatoes in your kitchen. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.