Meet my favorite fries, Popeyes Cajun French fries. These fries are a must-try dish. You will be surely flabbergasted with delicious Cajun seasoning. Prepare the same Popeyes Cajun French fries at home with an array of delectable flavors. Follow down the recipe and get familiar with the details.
What is about the Popeyes Cajun French fries that makes them so compelling? Let me reveal the secret. The fries at Popeyes are baked instead of frying. Above that, the crunch and the flavors of spices are incredible. For the seasoning, you can dunk the French fries in Cajun seasoning that packs the perfect punch.
Whether you prefer to bake or fry Popeyes fries, they are delectable either way. Serve Popeyes Cajun French fries with shrimps, chicken, or any other meal of your choice. Let’s not delay anymore and get started to make copycat Popeyes Cajun French fries in your kitchen. Out of Cajun seasoning? Here is a list of Cajun seasoning substitutes for you.
Find the catalog for equipment, ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions. You can also refer to the most asked FAQs mentioned in the article below to clear any doubts. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Salt Seasoning – Popeye’s salt seasoning is a mixture of salt, pepper, kosher, sage, chipotle, chili, onion powder, smoked paprika, and many other spices. Use this seasoning mixture in any dish to have the flavors of these spices in it.
2. Popeyes Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce – Popeyes Mardi Gras mustard sauce has spicy brown mustard whisked with mayonnaise, horseradish, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, grain mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, and other spices. This mustard sauce can be enjoyed with any side dish of your choice.
3. Popeyes Mashed Potatoes – Popeyes mashed potatoes is a creamy delicious side dish. This dish has a velvety smooth texture. It has soft potatoes mashed with parsley, pepper, and salt. It’s topped with fresh mint leaves to give a fresh herbal twist to this dish. You can enjoy this dish with any main course dish.
4. Popeyes Spicy Mayonnaise – Popeyes spicy mayonnaise is a combination of hot sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise. This mayonnaise is spiced up by adding cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, ground cumin, and salt. This mayonnaise is easy-to-make and can be enjoyed as a dip with snacks and many side dishes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun French Fries?
- Bowl – Season the fried fries with rich spices and toss them in a bowl.
- Knife – Use a knife for slicing and peeling the potatoes.
- Parchment Paper – Place the potatoes on the parchment paper to bake.
- Basting Brush – Slather some oil all over the potatoes before you put them to bake.
- Frying Pan – Once the potatoes are baked, fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- Oven – Bake the potatoes in the oven before frying.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun French Fries?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||15 Minutes||55 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun French Fries?
- Russet Potatoes – Take some russet potatoes for better results.
- Dried Oregano – Add a teaspoon of dried oregano to the batter mix.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder enhances the flavors and brings out the aromatic blend.
- Vegetable Oil – Due to the high smoking point, canola or peanut oil can be suited well for deep-frying or baking.
- Black Pepper – Season the potato fries with a pinch of black pepper.
- Smoked Paprika – Adding smoked paprika will add rich and smoky flavors without packing any heat.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Popeyes Cajun French Fries
1. Soak The Potatoes
Slice the potatoes into thick and long sticks. Soak them in cold water for 30 minutes. Rinse the fries and put them on the paper towel. Pat dry the fries and leave them aside for 5 minutes.
2. Baked With Love
Toss the potatoes with the Cajun seasoning. Place the potato fries on the parchment paper. Slather some oil with the basting brush all over the potatoes. Bake them at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip the potatoes to bake on both sides until they are golden brown and crispy.
3. Intensify With The Seasoning
While you take the potatoes out, place them on paper towels to get rid of extra oil. Sprinkle the remaining Cajun seasoning as soon as they come out of the pan. The seasoning includes a blend of spices like garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Serve with dips and sauces.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Popeyes Cajun French Fries Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes Cajun French fries taste delicious. They are crispy, spicy, and flavorful. The Cajun seasoning brings out smokey and peppery flavors. Cajun French fries packed with flavors taste delectable with any dipping sauce.
Popeyes Cajun French Fries Recipe
- Parchment Paper
- Basting Brush
- Frying Pan
- ½ kg Russet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Peel off the potatoes and slice them into strips. Place the potatoes in a bowl of hot water to get rid of the starch. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 475 degrees F.
- Simultaneously, prepare the Cajun seasoning by combining the spices.
- Pat dry the potatoes by using a paper towel. Place the potatoes in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip each potato strip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take them out when you see the crispy golden-brown texture.
- Season the French fries with the remaining Cajun seasoning and serve with your choice of dips and sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are Popeyes Cajun fries made of?
Popeyes Cajun French fries are prepared by using potatoes and Cajun seasoning. The seasoning has spices like garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
2. Are Popeyes Cajun fries spicy?
Popeyes Cajun French fries tossed with the Cajun seasoning are well-spiced. The seasoning adds a smoky flavor to the fries.
3. Why are Popeyes fries so good?
French fries served at Popeyes are delectable because of their crunch. You won’t see the fries getting soggy easily, which makes them good.
4. Is Popeyes food healthy?
Yes, some of the chicken items offered at Popeyes are healthy and highly nutritious.
Prepare these crispy, spicy, and flavorful Popeyes Cajun French Fries at home. Refer to the article for important tips. Share your cooking experience with us in the comments section below.