Are you craving smokey BBQ bites? If yes, then poor man’s burnt ends are the perfect recipe for you. These burnt ends are loaded with savory BBQ flavors and caramelized char. It’s an easy recipe as you don’t need to smoke the whole brisket for burnt ends. So, it gets ready in 5 hours, unlike the traditional recipe that takes 14 hours.
Poor man’s burnt ends are the pieces of beef smoked and coated with BBQ sauce. Just one bite and you’d be tempted to devour it all. It just needs an accurate amount of BBQ mix, char, and sauce. So, fire up your smoker and try this recipe now.
For poor man’s burnt ends, prepare the BBQ rub by mixing brown sugar, garlic powder, white sugar, black pepper, onion powder, and smoked paprika into a bowl. Rub the mixture on the beef. Smoke it for 4 hours. Prepare BBQ sauce by mixing BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and honey. Brush this sauce over the pieces of beef and smoke it for 1 hour.
You can also use brisket or its substitutes in the recipe. To know detailed instructions, keep reading the recipe. Have a look at the video and the recipe card. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe! Please rate it and don’t forget to save it for some special occasions. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other main course dishes from our blog.
1. Grilled Boneless Pork Chops– Grilled boneless pork chops are spicy boneless pork chops. These have charred and crispy skin. These boneless pork chops are infused with the flavors of spices like cumin, ginger, smoked paprika, mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt.
2. Greek Chicken Marinade– Marinate your chicken with Greek flavors! The Greek chicken marinade has chicken infused with the flavors of Greek yoghurt and olive oil mixed with oregano, pepper, garlic, and salt. This chicken is crispy and juicy.
3. Grilled Cauliflower Steak– Grilled cauliflower steak is the best plant-based steak. It has charred crust and is infused with the flavors of homemade spice mixture. This tender cauliflower steak can be served with ketchup, cheese, or any other condiment.
4. Smoked Stuffed Pepper– Smoked stuffed peppers are stuffed with Italian sausage and ground beef. These peppers are smoked and topped with cheese. So, they have a smoky flavor along with the savory taste of beef mixture and the sausage. It’s one of the best ways to serve bell pepper.
Poor Man’s Burnt Ends Recipe
- 3 pounds Chunk Roast
- 1/4 Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon Honey
- Take a medium-size bowl, add brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt, and white sugar to it. Whisk the mixture well and rub it all over the beef.
- Smoke the beef in a pre-heated (250 F) smoker for about 4 hours until the internal temperature of the beef reaches 165 F. Now, remove it from the smoker and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and honey in a bowl. Apply the sauce to the beef after cutting it into cubes. Put them in the foil pan and add more sauce to it. Stir well until it combines.
- Place the pan back on the smoker and smoke the beef for 1 hour until the cubes get tender.