Making poblano burgers can be a challenge for many. That is why I am going to tell you how you can make these crispy and delicious burgers easily at your home.
These burgers today have a mild flavour. But due to the presence of different peppers from the same plant have variations, this burger is spicier than you can ever imagine. The ripened red poblano is hotter and more flavorful than the less ripe once. I can assure you that this burger is so tasty that you won’t need any kind of side with this poblano burger.
To cook poblano burger, broil the poblano chiles and make a mixture of milk and bread. Put poblano chile, cumin, cilantro, salt, paprika, coriander, black pepper and beef in the mixture and make patties out of it. Prepare a sauce using adobe sauce, chipotle peppers and sour cream. Grill the patties. Place the patty between the buns with chipotle cream and pickled red onions. Serve
That was just the glimpse of the recipe. I have also shared the complete recipe along with its ingredients, nutritional values and a video of this recipe. But first, grab the ingredients first from the nearest supermarket.
Ingredients For Poblano Burger
- 1 pound beef
- 1% low-fat milk
- 2 poblano chiles
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 slice white bread cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 hamburger buns
- Cooking spray
These are all the ingredients that you require for this burger. So go to the nearest supermarket and grab the best buns and beef for your recipe. Now let’s check the time it will be consuming to get prepared.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Poblano Burger?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||15 minutes||45 minutes|
I am assuming that you’ve gathered all the ingredients and you now have idea about the timings, let’s check out the exact directions to make these burgers.
Steps To Make Poblano Burger
- Preheat the broiler.
- Now put the poblano chiles on a baking sheet and let it boil for about 7 minutes till it gets black and then places it in an airtight container for about 16 minutes.
- The next step is to peel the chiles and remove the membranes and seeds and properly chop them.
- Now mix the bread and milk in a bowl and mash them well till it gets smooth.
- Now add the poblano chile, cumin, cilantro, salt, paprika, coriander, black pepper and beef to the earlier prepared mixture of bread and milk.
- Mix all of them well and then separate the mixture into four equal parts and make patties out of all of them.
- Now cover it and let it cool for a few minutes and till that time, preheat the grill at medium heat.
- The next step is to mix the leftover salt, cilantro, black pepper in a bowl and stir in the shallots, sour cream and juice.
- Now take out 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce from the can and the chipotle pepper and keep the remaining chipotle peppers and adobo sauce.
- Now chop up the chile and stir in the chopped chipotle and adobo sauce into the sour cream mixture and keep it still for some time.
- The next step is to coat the grill rack with cooking spray, place the patties on it, and then grill it for about 4 minutes.
- Now turn the sides of patties for another 4 minutes.
- Finally, place the patties on buns and top it with chipotle cream and pickled red onions and then serve.
Your yummy poblano burger is ready. This recipe is such that you won’t forget it at all and will make it again and again.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Poblano Burger
The nutritional values of this recipe are given in the table below. You can refer to this table to know the health benefits.
How To Make Poblano Burger At Home | Video
I have added this video recipe for you to make this recipe anytime at home without any confusion.
Give this recipe a try and if you have any questions, then ask in the comment section. Till then, eat healthy and stay healthy.