Eggs are a good source of protein. Eggs can be made in various ways and enjoyed for meals. One such way to make eggs is poached eggs. Poached eggs are delicious and really easy to make. You can make them for breakfast and have a healthy start to your day.
Eggs are one of the most consumed edible items across the world. The average American consumes about 250 eggs per year and that makes it 95 million eggs nationwide. The American people are obsessed with eggs and for a good reason. They are tasty, healthy, and nourish your body.
To make poached eggs, fill half a pot with water and place it over medium heat. Add salt and vinegar to it. Break an egg in a small cup. Stir the water in a circular motion so a whirlpool forms. Then, add the egg. Remove the pot from heat, cover it and let it rest. Take the egg out with the help of a spatula and serve immediately.
This was just a brief summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Huevos Rancheros– This recipe is a typical breakfast with fried eggs, corn tortillas and a perfect warm topping of salsa. It is the best Mexican breakfast you will ever have.
2. Eggs Benedict– This recipe is a very common breakfast and brunch dish in America. It is said to be invented in a New York restaurant named Delmonico’s in the 1860s.
3. Egg Bagels– Egg bagels basically originated in Poland. Anyone can make this recipe at their home in just 30 minutes.
4. Omelette du Fromage– If you want to make a cheese omelette then, you should try making Omelette du Fromage. “Omelette du Fromage” is just the French phrase for the cheese omelette. It is really easy to make and gets ready in no time.
Poached Eggs Recipe
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Fill half a pot with water over medium heat. Add some salt and a teaspoon of vinegar to it. Boil it over medium heat.
- Now, break an egg into a small cup.
- With the help of a spoon or spatula, stir the water in the pan and make the water spin around smoothly in one direction.
- Now, add the egg into this whirlpool. This whirlpool method will help prevent the egg from feathering and make sure that it does not spread out in the whole pan.
- After you add the egg, turn off the heat, and cover your pan for about 5 minutes. Make sure not to mix, poke, or stir the water or eggs during the period of resting.
- Remove those eggs from the water with the help of a slotted spoon or sieve and serve immediately.
Try this poached egg recipe at home and tell us your views and thoughts. Comment down below and ask any queries of yours. Share this recipe with your friends and family and let them also enjoy this fantastic recipe. Cheers!