Eggs are the most consumed edible item across the world. Do you guys know how many eggs the average American consumes? It is about 250 eggs per year and that makes it 76.5 billion eggs per day. OMG! That’s a huge number. See how the American population is so obsessed with these eggs and why not? They are tasty, healthy and nourishes your body. So, it’s good to have them.
And talking about eggs, today we are going to make a simple recipe from them. This egg recipe is doesn’t require many ingredients and is quite easy to make. It is called Poached Eggs. I hope you have already heard about it because it is a famous recipe in the American region. This egg recipe will make your day and also fulfill the needs of your body.
Healthy Tip: Eggs are a good source of protein. They can satisfy the demand for regular protein for your body. Eggs can be made in various styles and in whatever style you make them, you will benefit from them in the end. Apart from protein, they also have plenty of Vitamin D that is good for your bones. Consider eggs daily and make yourself fit and healthy.
So, now let’s start the procedure of making a poached egg recipe at home and see how it’s made. There is no ingredients list needed for this recipe. But still, I am going to share one to make it look more classy.
Ingredients for Poached Eggs
Now we will see how much time you will need to invest in the making of this recipe. The complete time details are in the table below.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Minutes||15 Minutes|
The time required is quite less and we can be made anytime we want. After timings, it is time for the main part of this recipe. Now I will tell you how you can make this poached egg recipe perfectly at home. These steps will help you to understand and know the recipe quickly.
Poached Eggs Recipe
- Take a large pot and heat the water in it. Add some salt and a teaspoon of vinegar to it. Boil it over medium heat.
- Now break an egg into a small ramekin or custard cup, whichever available.
- With the help of a spoon or spatula, stir the water in the pan and make the water spin around smoothly in one direction.
- Now add the egg into this whirlpool and this whirlpool method will help prevent the egg from feathering and make sure that it does not spread out in the whole pan.
- After you add the egg, turn off the heat, and cover your pan for about 5 minutes. Make sure not to mix, poke, or stir the water or eggs during the period of resting.
- Remove those eggs from the water with the help of a slotted spoon or sieve and serve immediately.
Your poached eggs are ready to be served. Consume this dish immediately as it will not taste good after it gets chilled. Have them in your breakfast and take a step towards your health.
Nutritional Breakdown of Poached Eggs
The nutritional values of this recipe should also be known to you guys. Down below are the exact values for you to know.
How to Make Poached Eggs at Home | Video
The video of this recipe is down below. You can watch it and make it without any confusion or mistakes.
Try this poached egg recipe at home and tell us your views and thoughts. Comment down below and ask any queries of yours. Share this recipe with your friends and family and let them also enjoy this fantastic recipe. Cheers!