For all you Pizza lovers, I am here to make your life easy-peasy and delicious with my Pizza Sauce recipe. It is an excellent alternative to the packaged Pizza Sauce that is available in the market. It is made with fresh ingredients and sets the right base of flavours for your pizza. Tomatoes play a significant role in the pizza sauce and give it a tangy taste.
You can go for a thick, chunky sauce or a smoother one, as per your liking by adjusting the consistency of the tomato puree. The sauce can be stored in a bowl or a jar and refrigerated and used within 10-15 days.
And hey, the pizza sauce is versatile. You can toss in some cooked pasta in it along with your choice of veggies and cook it well. Top it up with cheese to have the best red sauce pasta. You may make sandwiches, toasts and salads with the sauce too. Thank me later!
I am a massive fan of this sauce as it comes very handy at times of small get-togethers. The homemade pizza sauce is a win-win for your next pizza party with friends. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning for the party while I quickly share the process of making a pizza sauce at home with you. Check for the ingredients down below and followed by the recipe.
Ingredients for Pizza Sauce
|Fresh Chopped Tomatoes||5-6 medium to large sized|
|Fresh Minced Garlic||2 tbsp|
|Dry Oregano||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Chopped Basil||1/4 cup|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Black Pepper||As per taste|
|Olive Oil||1/4 cup|
The ingredients mentioned are readily available in your kitchen or can be fetched from the nearby supermarket. Knowing how much time the recipe will take is important. I’ve added a timetable for you down below.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||30 minutes||35 minutes|
You need about 35 minutes and your pizza sauce would be ready to spice up your life. Let’s jump into the step by step recipe which I am sure you are eagerly waiting for.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Blend the chopped tomatoes in a jar; need not blanch them.
- Blend in until you achieve the consistency of the puree as per requirement. If you’re using canned tomatoes, then 2 cups of canned crushed tomatoes are required.
- Now, add 1/4th cup of olive oil to a pan and throw in 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Sauté on low flame until the garlic turns golden.
- Now, add the crushed tomatoes to the pan and stir well.
- Cook well for about 4-5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Its time to put the lid on and let the puree simmer for about 25 minutes on low flame. Do check-in between. If the puree starts to stick to the pan, add 1/4th cup of water and continue to heat on low flame.
- You may take off the lid once the sauce has thickened and the tomatoes are cooked well (you will know if you see oil flecks on top or on the sides).
- To this, add 1/4th cup of chopped basil. This adds a great flavour.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of oregano and black pepper to taste. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Let the sauce cool down at room temperate and then its ready to top up your pizza base.
Pro Tip: You may add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar or red wine to the sauce and refrigerate it to make it stay for a longer time.
Nutritional Breakdown of Homemade Pizza Sauce
The table below shows the nutritional value of the dish. All my health-conscious friends can have a look and understand what they’re feeding their bodies with.
Note– The nutritional breakdown is per serving.
How to Make Pizza Sauce at Home | Video
One’s retention power increases when visuals are provided. Hence, I am adding a video of the recipe down below. I hope it helps and guides you in a proper way.
Today’s recipe is so versatile. Try it out and let us know your experience with it and also share your experiments in making it work for you. I hope the video does work for you. Do share your feedback in the comments section below.