The classic pistachio mousse is an ultimate fix for your sugar rush. It is creamy and intensely flavorful. A silky smooth pistachio mousse will give you a lip-smacking experience. We have shared an easy guide to make pistachio mousse at home. Keep reading to know more.
For making creamy pistachio mousse at home, all you need is milk, egg yolks, sugar, instant pudding, pistachio, and cornstarch. Combine all the components evenly and let it sit in the refrigerator. The quick and fluffy pistachio mousse will be ready in no time.
Mousse, commonly means ‘foam’ in French. It is a perfect term to describe a rich, fluffy, and light aerated dessert. Treat your taste buds with decadent mousse filled with roasted pistachio. Make sure you follow the below directions. This will help you to get the mousse done right.
Find the detailed list of required elements, equipment, nutritional facts, and instructions. Prepare this incredible dessert from the comfort of your home with us. Read the entire article below to follow the nitty gritty.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pistachio Mousse?
- Saucepan – Simmer the milk in a saucepan
- Whisk – Keep stirring the milk until you get the desired consistency.
- Bowl – Pour the mousse mixture and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Frying Pan – Roast the pistachio in a frying pan.
- Ladle – Keep stirring the pistachio with a ladle. It will not let the pistachio burn.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pistachio Mousse?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pistachio Mousse?
- Milk – Stir in half a cup of warm milk with pudding and egg yolks to prepare pistachio mousse.
- Soy Milk – Half a cup of soy milk will bring out a blend of flavors to the mousse.
- Egg Yolks – The egg yolk will act as a binding agent. It will keep the mousse firm.
- Sugar – Add sweetness to your preference.
- Cornstarch – A pinch of cornstarch to thicken the texture of mousse.
- Instant Pudding – Adding instant pudding mix will enhance the fluffier texture of the mousse.
- Roasted Pistachio – For making pistachio mousse, add some roasted pistachio to the batter.
- Food Color – Add a few drops of food color to the batter. You can choose any food color of your choice.
- Whipped Cream – Beat the whipped cream evenly and add it to the mixture of pistachio mousse.
Steps To Make Pistachio Mousse
Begin to simmer the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Then, combine the egg yolks, an instant vanilla pudding, and a pinch of cornstarch with the boiled milk. Stir in everything nicely.
2. Heat Work
Add the mousse mixture into a saucepan and simmer until it thickens. To achieve the thick and desirable consistency of pistachio mousse, simmer the mixture evenly.
3. Final Step
Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool well. Meanwhile, beat the whipped cream and add it further to the mousse mixture. Finally, add a few drops of food color and some roasted pistachio nuts to the mixture. Mix it well with a spatula. Garnish it with some more pistachio and serve to enjoy.
How Will Pistachio Mousse Look And Taste Like?
Pistachio mousse is a combination of sweet and savory flavors. The texture of mousse is light, fluffy, and creamy. The airy and foamy texture is what makes a perfect mousse. The ooey gooey flavors will surely leave you drooling.
Pistachio Mousse Recipe
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Soy Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Instant Pudding
- tablespoons Roasted Pistachio
- 1 teaspoon Food Color
- 2 tablespoon Whipped Cream
- Take a small saucepan, add milk and soy milk, and simmer until it is thickened.
- Then, combine egg yolks, instant pudding, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix it well until it is combined well.
- Place the mixture over the heat and simmer until it is thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Further, beat the whipped cream, add a few drops of food color, and mix it with the cool mixture.
- Finally, add some roasted pistachio on the top of the mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes to achieve the desired texture and consistency of the mousse.
Frequently Asked Questions Related To Pistachio Mousse (FAQs)
What are the three components of mousse?
The main recipe for mousse includes the major components like whipped cream, egg yolks, and sugar.
How can I thicken mousse without gelatin?
Mix a teaspoon of cornstarch with half a cup of milk and mix it well. Pour the mixture into the mousse batter and the texture will be thickened without gelatin.
Why did my mousse not set?
To achieve firm and set texture of mousse, you will have to refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
Are raw eggs in mousse safe?
Yes, it is safe to have raw eggs in mousse. However, you can skip adding eggs to the mousse and still achieve better results.
Get started to prepare decadent pistachio mousse with us. Refer to the above article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.