Try pineapple angel food cake at home. It’s a delicious, light, and fluffy dessert that needs only two ingredients. Just one bite and it’ll be an instant hit for you. Trust me! You’d love to add this dessert to all your party menus.
Angel food cake with pineapple flavor makes a perfect dessert. As it needs just two ingredients, it’s important to make sure of the exact quantity of angel food mix and pineapple used. The crushed pineapple for the cake should be in juice and not as a syrup. You can add your choice of cream topping to it.
For pineapple angel food cake, add the Angel food cake mix with crushed pineapple to a bowl. Blend it together to combine well. Bake in the oven at 250 F for 45 minutes. Serve it with your favorite cream topping.
If you liked the recipe then you must try it with some substitutes for pineapples to enjoy variations in flavor and texture with the very same recipe. Let me know in the comments about your tryst with pineapple angel food cake.
Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 20 ounce Crushed Pineapple (with juice)
- 16 ounce Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 20 ounce Crushed Pineapple (do not drain)
- Blend crushed pineapple (with juice) and Angel food cake mix in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray non-stick vegetable oil spray on the baking pan.
- Transfer the batter from the bowl into the baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes until it gets golden brown. Let it cool.
- Add cornstarch and sugar to a medium saucepan and stir until cornstarch is evenly distributed.
- Add crushed pineapple (with juice) to the pan and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture simmer for about over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Let the sauce to rest for at least an hour. Serve the slices of pineapple angel fruit cake with this pineapple sauce topping.