Sausage and cheese are two incredible food items that taste absolutely delicious. When they come together, it turns into a show-stopping dish. So, to make your festive table one of the best tables this season, I bring you the best pimento cheese sausage balls recipe.
Pimento cheese sausage balls is a deliciously easy recipe. It requires just four ingredients and comes together in 30 minutes. For a day packed with lots of activities, what better wish can you ask for than making a dish that takes no time to make and turns out to be spectacular?
This easy dish is perfect for parties, picnics, cookouts, and tailgating this Fall! Also, did I tell you that you can even prepare this dish ahead of time and freeze them for later use?
Let’s check out the pimento cheese sausage balls recipe. This recipe yields 50 balls. You can increase or decrease the mixture quantities depending on your gathering size.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes That You Can Try
- Zesty Garden Turkey Club Sandwich
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
- Deli Turkey
- Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Spatchcocked Smoked Turkey
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Salted Caramel Pie
- Purple Sweet Potato Pie
- Spinach Spoon Bread
- Turkey Giblet Gravy
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls?
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to mix all the ingredients to make pimento cheese sausage balls.
- Parchment Paper – A baking tray lined with parchment paper will prevent the pimento cheese sausage balls from sticking to the tray.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray will be needed to place the pimento cheese sausage balls.
- Oven – An oven is required to bake pimento cheese sausage balls.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15-20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls?
- Pork Sausage – Sausage is the main ingredient to make the pimento cheese and sausage balls. To make this appetizer, we will need one lb. ground pork sausage.
- Bisquick Original Pancake & Baking Mix – To bind the ingredients together, we will use two and a half cups of Bisquick original pancake and baking mix.
- Pimento Cheese – Cheese is the main ingredient of this recipe. It is a creamy cheese that has a tangy and peppery flavor. We will use one and a half cups of prepared pimento cheese. We prefer using the Palmetto cheese brand.
- Chives – Chives have an onion-like flavor. To add this flavor that compliments very well with cheese and sausage, we will need two tablespoons of chopped fresh chives.
Steps To Make Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls
1. Prepare The Mixture
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Take a medium bowl and combine ground pork sausage, Bisquick, pimento cheese, and fresh chives and mix well. You can mix the ingredients using your hands.
2. Shape The Balls And Bake
Now that your pimento cheese sausage balls mixture is ready, shape the mixture into about 50 1-inch balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Bake the pimento cheese and sausage balls in a preheated oven until lightly golden and firm for about 14 to 17 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
What’s The Best Pimento Cheese to Use?
Pimento cheese is one of the best-tasting cheeses. It is creamy and cheesy and comes with a tangy, peppery, and spicy taste. While there are many brands that make pimento cheese, one of the most famous brands offering delicious flavors is the Palmetto Cheese brand. Its taste and consistency is just what you want.
However, you can use any other pimento cheese brand too. While using different brands for this cheese, you may find a variation in their consistencies. Therefore, if your pimento cheese happens to be too thin in consistency, you can add 1/4 cup extra of Bisquick. If your pimento cheese is fairly thick, then avoid adding more Bisquick.
Moreover, some recipes also add cream cheese for a smoother and creamy consistency. You can also do so if you wish to.
What Can Be Served Along With Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls?
Pimento cheese sausage balls are full of delicious flavors on their own. However, you can serve them with some dipping sauces to make things more interesting.
- Aioli Sauce – One sauce that I swear by that tastes amazing with anything is a classic aioli sauce. This sauce is made with olive oil emulsified into freshly crushed garlic and seasoned with salt and lemon. This sauce has an intense garlic flavor. There are many other variations of aioli, like chipotle, mustard, spicy, and wasabi aioli, that you can try.
- Hot Honey Dipping Sauce – Sweet and spicy flavors always work wonders. If you enjoy these flavors, you can make hot honey dipping sauce using honey and mustard.
- Ranch Dressing – A ranch dressing also makes for an amazing condiment to serve with pimento cheese and sausage balls. The main flavors of the ranch include dill, garlic, and onion. It’s tangy, sweet, and creamy.
- Sweet Chili Sauce – to make things even more fiery, you can also serve pimento cheese balls alongside a sweet chili sauce. It’s hot, sweet, and spectacular in taste.
How To Store Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls?
Cooked Pimento cheese sausage balls can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days. To store leftover cooked pimento cheese sausage balls, let them cool completely. Then, transfer them to an airtight container before placing them in the refrigerator.
Additionally, you can also freeze these balls. You can store uncooked or cooked pimento cheese sausage balls in a freezer-safe container or a Ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
How To Thaw And Bake Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls?
To thaw frozen pimento cheese sausage balls for consumption, you can place them in the refrigerator. This method can take up to twenty-four hours for frozen sausages to fully defrost. Use refrigerated sausages within one to two days after thawing them.
Avoid putting the uncooked pimento cheese sausage balls to thaw at room temperature or in the microwave. Frozen pimento cheese sausage balls may separate or become mushy if thawed in a microwave.
On the other hand, you should avoid thawing uncooked pimento cheese sausage balls at room temperature, as uncooked meat is always prone to getting spoiled due to the growth of bacteria.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||04. g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0.02 g|
|Vitamin A||77 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
What Will Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls Look And Taste Like?
Pimento cheese sausage balls make for a great appetizing dish. Savory sausage is combined with zesty pimento cheese and fresh chives that lends an incredible flavor.
These balls are tender and cheesy on the inside and crispy on the outside. When you pair them with dipping sauces, there’s nothing else that you would want for a meal.
Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe
- 1 lb. Ground Pork Sausage
- 1½ cups Pimiento Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 2½ cups Bisquick Original Pancake & Baking Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a medium bowl and combine ground pork sausage, Bisquick, pimento cheese, and fresh chives and mix well. You can mix the ingredients using your hands.
- Shape the mixture into about 50, 1-inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the pimento cheese and sausage balls in a preheated oven until lightly golden and firm for about 14 to 17 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why are my pimento cheese sausage balls not sticking together?
If your pimento cheese sausage balls are sticking together, you may have added too much baking mix, which makes the balls crumbly.
How do you tell if a pimento cheese sausage ball is done?
The characteristics of perfect sausage balls are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
Should pimento cheese sausage balls be refrigerated after cooking?
Leftover pimento cheese sausage balls should be tightly covered and refrigerated. This prevents them from getting spoiled.
Can pimento cheese sausage balls sit out overnight?
Leaving non-vegetarian food exposed to room temperature ruins its taste and makes it dangerous to consume. At room temperature, there are potential chances of the development of harmful bacteria in food.
How do you keep pimento cheese sausage balls warm for a party?
Sausage balls are best served warm. If you’re putting them out on a buffet or potluck table, you can keep them warm and toasty in the Crockpot.
What can I substitute for Bisquick?
You can use a pancake Mix instead of a Bisquick mix. But keep in mind that it may yield a slightly sweeter result due to its sugar content. Or else you can make your own Bisquick by mixing 3 cups of flour, 3 tsp of baking powder, and ½ tsp of salt into the ingredients.
How long do you reheat pimento cheese sausage balls?
You can reheat pre-cooked sausage balls in a pre-heated 350°F oven for about 10 – 12 minutes.
Can you prepare pimento cheese sausage balls mixture in a KitchenAid mixer?
Yes, you can use KitchenAid to mix the sausage balls. Dump all the ingredients into the mixing bowl, lock the mixer head in the down position, and turn the mixer on low.
Will frozen pimento cheese sausage balls thaw overnight in the fridge?
Pimento cheese sausage balls thaw best in the refrigerator. Place them in the refrigerator and wait for them to thaw. It can take up to twenty-four hours for the balls to fully defrost using this method. Use refrigerated sausages within one to two days after thawing them.
Pimento cheese sausage balls are an addictive dish to serve for any meal. These sausage balls recipes are great to make ahead in a large batch to enjoy now and freeze some for later! To find more such recipes, head to our recipe section and share your reviews.