Do you Minneapolis are two metropolitan twin cities? I once went there and went to a restaurant for lunch. After eating my lunch, I took the whole tour of the restaurant and I went to the kitchen, and what I saw was Butcher was cutting pig. I asked him that what you will make off it, red meat?
He replied with a big No. He said our Chef William will make Pig Snout Jelly out of it and I was not aware of this term. I thought it must be related to the slang for a person’s nose which is He has an enormous snout. But I was wrong.
I searched over the internet regarding it and found out that Pig snouts jelly is chewy, crispy, crunchy, and acts like candy for non-veg lovers which is smooth and sweet in taste. I also got the Pig Snout Jelly recipe from the internet as well and I thought to share it with you guys here.
But first, we have ta gather all the ingredients required to make Pig Snout Jelly at Home.
Ingredients For Pig Snout Jelly
|Pork Scrap||5 ounces|
|Fresh Black Truffle||1/4 ounces|
|Chicken Stock||1 Quart|
|Fresh Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Freshly Ground Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 Cups|
|Dry White Wine||1/4 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||1 tbsp|
|Canola Oil||2 Cups|
You will get all the ingredients from a nearby supermarket and to make Pig Snout Jelly you have to be patient because it is a timing consuming dish. In the table below, I have mentioned the proper timings so you can check though.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Mins||2 Hours||2 Hours 20 Mins|
I know you are very much excited to know the whole recipe, so what are we waiting for? Let’s make it and make this Pig Snouts at home.
Pig Snout Jelly Recipe
- At 300 degrees, heat the oven.
- In a pot, add stocks, snouts, and wine with salt. Cook for 3 hours, until it tenders. Discard the snouts from liquid to cool.
- To heat the oil, add it to a saucepan, and heat until lightly smoking.
- Season pork scrap with salt and pepper until it will turn brown.
- Cover the seasoned pork with reserved snout liquid and for 45 minutes heat over medium heat over the pan, until it tenders.
- Shred the pork scrap until the liquid absorbs and the pan looks dry.
- With Pork nostrils, stuff the shredded pork and make an outer cover.
- Dip snouts into the flour with beaten eggs, and at last in panko breadcrumbs.
- Chop the black truffle and add it to the snout liquid over low heat for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add oil and butter with snouts until it will become golden crisp for 5 minutes.
- When you remove the snouts keep them in a warm place where they will remain hot.
- On a saucepan, add unsalted butter and whisk truffles snout stock.
- Whisk the mixture until it will thick, add lemon juice to taste.
- On a plate, add fried pork snout and to garnish add sauce over the fried pork.
- Serve Immediately after garnishing.
Finally, Pig Snout Jelly is ready. Do try it at your home and you’ll love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Pig Snout Jelly
The nutritional values of this recipe are also given in the table below for your reference. Please check them out for extra nutritional facts.
How To Make Pig Snout Jelly at Home | Video
This recipe is easy to make and can be made at home without any confusion but if you feel any difficulty in making this, then you can watch this video for your help.
I hope you will like this recipe. Please tell us about its taste in the comments box below. We would love to see your comments and we will surely reply. Till then, take care and stay tuned to see more such amazing recipes.