Making pig snout jelly is a perfect choice for holidays or a get-together. In this post, I will share you can make delicious and mouth-watering pig snout jelly at your home very easily.
I first tried this recipe at a restaurant in Rome. The chef there at the hotel suggested me to try out this charming recipe and believe me it was so tasty that I requested the chef to share this awesome recipe with me. Then I returned from Rome and tried to replicate the recipe and guess what? It was exactly the same.
To prepare pig snout jelly, cook snouts for 3 hours. Now, season pork scrap with salt and pepper. Then shred the pork scrap and dip snouts into the flour with beaten eggs and panko breadcrumbs. Now in a saute pan, saute snouts in oil and butter. At last, whisk truffles snout stock and garnish with sauce. The recipe is ready!
This was just an overview of the recipe, so don’t forget to check out the detailed recipe mentioned below. Now, let’s have a look at the ingredients needed for making delicious pig snout jelly.
Ingredients For Pig Snout Jelly
- 2 Pork Snouts (trim any connective bone or tissue)
- 1/4 ounces Fresh Black Truffle (chopped)
- 5 ounces Pork Scrap
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Cups Canola Oil (or any other flavorless oil)
You can easily get all the ingredients from a nearby supermarket. But to make pig snout jelly you have to remain a little patient as the recipe can take a little more time than other recipes. Now let’s how much time exactly you need to prepare the recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Pig Snout Jelly?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
Now it’s time to see the steps for cooking the recipe.
Steps to Make Pig Snout Jelly
- First, heat the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meantime, add stocks, snouts, and wine with salt in a pot. Cook for 3 hours, until it becomes tender. Discard the snouts from liquid to cool but don’t throw the snout liquid.
- Now heat the oil in a saucepan until it smokes lightly.
- Then, season pork scrap with salt and pepper until it turns brown.
- Cover the seasoned pork with reserved snout liquid and heat over medium heat on a pan for 45 minutes, until it tenders.
- Now, shred the pork scrap until the liquid is absorbed and the pan looks dry.
- Put 2 tsp of shredded pork in each pork nostril.
- Dip snouts into the flour with beaten eggs and at last in panko breadcrumbs.
- Now, chop the black truffle. Add it to the snout liquid and heat over medium heat for nearly 30 minutes or until only 1/2 cup remains.
- In a saute pan, add oil and butter. Then saute snouts until it will become golden crisp or for about 5 minutes.
- When you remove the snouts, make sure you keep them warm.
- Take a saucepan, add unsalted butter and whisk truffles snout stock over medium heat.
- Whisk the mixture until it will thick, add lemon juice to taste.
- At last, take a pre-heated plate, add fried pork snout and garnish it with sauce.
Your recipe is ready to rock! Make sure you serve it immediately after garnishing so that you enjoy the best taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Pig Snout Jelly
The nutritional values of the recipe are given in the below table for diet-conscious people.
How To Make Pig Snout Jelly at Home | Video
This recipe is a little difficult to make so, if you are having any difficulties in making the recipe, make sure you watch the below similar recipe video.
I hope you liked the recipe. Please tell us about your experience in the comment box below. Till then, take care and stay tuned to see more such amazing recipes.