I was in Vietnam for my research work regarding the traditions and customs of that country and I searched about religions, traditions, and customs. But one thing I have to cover is about the food and I went to the traditional restaurant in that country and asked the waiter about the unique and best dish.
He suggested me to eat Pho Rice Noodles and on his recommendation, I ordered one. After some waiter brings that for me and those noodles tastes like I am having rice literally and It was very unique for me and frankly very tasty.
I asked the waiter about how to make this dish and he explained to me that recipe and today, I made that dish at home and a thought came to share it with my lovely people. So, today I will share the super tasty Pho Rice Noodles Recipe with my food lovers. Come Let’s see How to make Pho Rice Noodles at home.
Ingredients For Pho Rice Noodles Recipe
|Beef Marrow or Knuckle Bones||5 Pounds|
|Beef Chuck||2 Pounds|
|Fish Sauce||1/2 Cup|
|Rock Sugar or Sugar||3 tbsp|
|Sea Salt||1 tbsp|
|Dried Rice Sticks||1 Pound|
|Slightly Frozen Beef Sirloin||1/3 Pound|
|Chopped Cilantro||1/3 Cup|
|Bean Sprouts||1 Pound|
|Asian Basil||10 Springs|
|Saw-Leaf Herb Leaves||1 Dozen|
|Thai Bird Chilies or 1 Serrano Chili||6|
Pho Rice Noodles Recipe
- Boil 6 quarts of water in a large stockpot.
- In a different pot add beef chunks and bones with water and boil for 5 minutes.
- In the first boiling pot transfer the bones and beef and to simmer reduce the heat to medium.
- For 40 minutes simmer charred ginger and onions, fish sauce, and sugar.
- To prevent the meat from darkening and drying, remove one piece and submerge in cool water for about 10 minutes and repeat the process for other pieces and continue cooking in the simmering broth.
- For about 90 minutes when broth has been simmering, wrap the star anise and cloves in a spice bag and add it to the broth.
- After the 30 minutes of boiling remove the spice bag and onions.
- Until you assemble the dish add salt and continue simmer, skimming, and cook the broth for at least 2 hours.
- In preheated bowls add a few slices of beef chunk and raw sirloin and cooked noodles, before you serve.
- About 3-4 cups of broth in a rolling boil and ladle into each bowl.
- Garnish it with cilantro, scallions, and yellow onions.
Nutritional Facts Of Pho Rice Noodles