Pho rice noodles consist of a delicious broth, chewy noodles, and tender sirloin. It has a variety of strong, flavorful and aromatic spices. The authentic pho rice noodles take some time to get ready, but they are really delicious and totally worth the wait.
Pho is a delicious noodle soup dish of Vietnamese cuisine. The star of the dish is its flavor-rich broth. It is made by simmering the broth for a long time for infusing flavors into it.
To make Pho rice noodles, add water, beef chucks, and bones in a large pot and bring to boil. Add charred ginger and onions, fish sauce, and sugar to it and simmer for about 2 hours. Add a spice bag and cook for another two hours. Put the cooked beef, raw sirloin, and cooked noodles in a soup. Pour the broth over them. Top with cilantro, scallions, and yellow onions, etc.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
1. Black-eyed Peas and Rice– This recipe is a healthy bowl of rice meal. Using different vegetables makes this dish delicious and colorful. You need to do overnight preparation for this recipe. But don’t be worried as it is a simple and easy recipe.
2. Buttered Noodles– These noodles are really delicious. They are made with noodles, butter, and cheese. This recipe is really easy to make and uses simple ingredients.
3. Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl– Coconut curry bowl noodle is a perfect summer meal. These coconut curry noodles are healthy, flavorful, and saucy. This recipe is a perfect summer meal for all noodle lovers.
4. Chinese Fried Rice– A quick fried rice like you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant. A couple of eggs, baby carrots, peas and soy sauce is all you need.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||4 Hours 30 Minutes||4 Hours 40 Minutes|
Ingredients For Pho Rice Noodles Recipe
|Beef Marrow or Knuckle Bones||5 pounds|
|Beef Chunks||2 pounds|
|Ginger (peeled, cut into quarters)||2|
|Yellow Onions (cut into quarters)||2|
|Fish Sauce||1/2 cup|
|Rock Sugar or Sugar||3 tablespoons|
|Sea Salt||1 tablespoon|
|Rice Noodles||1 pound|
|Slightly Frozen Beef Sirloin||1/3 pound|
|Cilantro (chopped)||1/3 cup|
|Bean Sprouts||1 pound|
|Asian Basil||10 sprigs|
|Saw-Leaf Herb Leaves||1 dozen|
|Thai Bird Chilies||6|
Pho Rice Noodles Recipe
- In a pot, add water, beef chunks, and bones and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Fill another large stockpot with 6 quarts of water and bring it to a boil. Transfer the bones and beef to it. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Char ginger and onions over a flame using tongs.
- Add charred ginger and onions, fish sauce, and sugar to the pot with the beef. Simmer the pot for 40 minutes.
- To prevent the meat from darkening and drying, remove one piece at a time and submerge in cool water for about 10 minutes. Repeat the process for other pieces.
- Cook it for about 90 minutes. Then, wrap the star anise and cloves in a spice bag and add them to the broth.
- After boiling for 30 minutes, remove the spice bag and onions.
- Continue to cook the broth for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, add water to a saucepan. Add the rice noodles to it. Cook the noodles for about a minute.
- In preheated bowls, add a few beef chunks, slices of raw sirloin, and cooked noodles.
- About 3-4 cups of broth into each bowl.
- Garnish it with cilantro, scallions, bean sprouts, basil, herb leaves, Thai bird chillies, lime juice, and yellow onions. Sprinkle a little black pepper over it and serve.
Nutritional Facts Of Pho Rice Noodles