It is really easy to make peri-peri tofu with kale and mustard seeds. Other than the ingredients mentioned in the name of the recipe, you need oil, onion, ginger, and garlic. This quick peri-peri tofu recipe has a sour-spicy flavor combination to make a light meal with tons of flavors and protein. Also, this delicious appetizer is also completely vegan.
Tofu is made from soybeans that are ground in water, heated, and coagulated with minerals like calcium or magnesium salt. The curds are then pressed into a block, which is then sold as tofu. Tofu is low in calories but high in protein and fat.
To make peri-peri tofu with kale and mustard seeds, heat oil in a pan and cook onions, ginger, and garlic in it. Then, add mustard seeds, peri-peri sauce, and tofu to it and cook until tofu turns golden brown. Season it with salt and pepper. Lastly, add kale to it, cover the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Your peri-peri tofu with kale and mustard seeds is ready.
Out of mustard seeds? Here is the list of mustard seeds substitutes that you can use instead. This is only a snippet of the recipes. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Red Curry With Vegetables– The Thai red curry with vegetables is an excellent dish that’ll leave you craving for more. You’ll have a happy belly and a happier heart. It is rich, creamy, and also full of vegetables.
2. Coq Au Vin– The recipe includes chicken that is marinated with spices and slow cooked with various fresh and ground ingredients. And the most important ingredient that adds to its taste is red wine.
3. Katsu Style Ramen– The combination of that broth (which is mainly of chicken or pork) with some veggies and ramen noodles adds to its taste. This dish is very nutritious, full of flavors, and healthy too.
4. Chinese Schezwan Paneer– A cooking style everybody’s favorite, Schezwan, especially being it oily peppery, and spicy; all we need is the balance of Chinese cuisine leading to a perfect taste in one dish.
Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds Recipe
- 1 packet Firm Tofu
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 cups Kale (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Mustard Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Peri-Peri Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
- Place a pan over medium heat and put some olive oil in it.
- Then, add ginger, onion, and garlic to it and roast them heat for around 10 minutes.
- Add mustard seeds, peri-peri sauce, and tofu and cook it until the tofu turns golden brown.
- Season it with salt and pepper. After that, add the kale. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Your peri-peri tofu with kale and mustard seeds is ready.