My mom goes to cooking classes and she has a book in which you will find myths and facts of a dish with the recipe. One day, I was reading that book I found a dish named Per- Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard, I was reading the facts of the dish and I will share those facts with you also.
How is tofu good for you ?
Tofu is made from soybeans that are ground in water, heated, and coagulated with minerals like calcium or magnesium salt. The curds are then pressed into a block, which is then sold as tofu. You can buy several different types of tofu, from extra-soft silken tofu to extra-firm tofu.
Can you tofu everyday ?
Eating tofu and other soy foods every day is generally considered safe. That said, you may want to moderate your intake if you have: Breast tumours: Due to tofu’s weak hormonal effects, some doctors tell women with estrogen-sensitive breast tumours to limit their soy intake.
Does tofu makes you fat ?
This comes with only 70 total calories, which makes tofu a highly nutrient-dense food. However, the micronutrient content of tofu can vary depending on the coagulant used. Nigari adds more magnesium while precipitated calcium increases the calcium content. SUMMARY Tofu is low in calories but high in protein and fat.
Myths people are having with tofu?
Is tofu bad for men ?
No. Soy intake does not raise or lower a man’s testosterone levels. Derived from soybeans, soy is a high-protein substance found in many foods, such as edamame, tofu, soy flour, and soy milk. Still, some men worry that consuming phytoestrogens may reduce their testosterone levels.
After reading these kinds of facts and myths, I thought I should try this dish at home. I made it from the book and I found it is chewier than chicken! Better than beef! It’s a big block of bean curd! Next on the list is a vegan appetizer; Tofu and varied ingredients to bring more taste to your vegan life. This quick Peri-Peri Tofu with kale and mustard seeds recipe has a sour-spicy flavour combination to make a light meal with tons of filling flavours and protein. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Red Curry With Vegetables– The Thai red curry with vegetables is an excellent dish that’ll leave you craving for more. You’ll have a happy belly and a happier heart. It is rich, creamy and also full of vegetables.
2. Coq Au Vin– The recipe includes chicken that is marinated with spices and slow cooked with various fresh and ground ingredients. And the most important ingredient that adds to its taste is red wine.
3. Katsu Style Ramen– The combination of that broth (which is mainly of chicken or pork) with some veggies and ramen noodles adds to its taste. This dish is very nutritious, full of flavors and healthy too.
4. Chinese Schezwan Paneer– A cooking style everybody’s favourite, Schezwan, especially being it oily peppery and spicy; all we need is the balance of Chinese cuisine leading to a perfect taste in one dish.
Ingredients for Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds Recipe
|Firm Tofu||1 packet|
|Chopped onion||1 unit|
|Chopped ginger||1 tbsp|
|Chopped garlic||3 cloves|
|Kale chopped||2 cups|
|Peri-Peri sauce||2 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds||2 tsp|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||According to the taste|
Important notes about ingredients
- Tofu, also known as bean curd, is a food made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks.
- Peri-Peri sauce is a combination of African bird’s eye chili blended with spices, lemons, onion and garlic.
- Kale is actually one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. It is a leaf cabbage,has green or purple leaves and the central leaves do not form a head.
- Chives (allium schoenoprasum) have a light onion flavor, and have hollow, green leaves grace our summer salads, soups, omelets, and almost anything else that needs a hint of garlic or an herbaceous punch.
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 MINS||30 MINS||45 MINS|
Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds Recipe
- Put a pan over medium heat and put some olive oil in it.
- Then in the same pan, add ginger, onion, and garlic and roast them heat for around 10 minutes.
- Then add mustard seeds, Peri-Peri sauce, and Tofu and cook it till Tofu turns golden brown.
- Then add the kale and cover the pan for around 2 minutes.
- You Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds is ready for serving.
Now enjoy a sour-spicy taste either plain or with a side of bread or a salad. You will be bound to notice how well this Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds Recipe works simple and easy dinner. Cherish your vegan love with taste and health.
Nutritional Facts Of Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds Recipe