The Burger King fish sandwich is a popular menu item offered by the fast food chain Burger King. It is a sandwich with a crispy fried fish filet, topped with tartar sauce, lettuce, and cheese; all served on a soft bun.
If you’re a seafood lover, you might want to try making your own restaurant-style burger at home.
To make the sandwich, season the filet with panko breadcrumbs and fry it until crispy and golden brown. Further, spread tartar sauce on both sides of the bun and club all the veggies including pickle.
It even has American cheese layered for a slightly sweeter version. Above that, you can also include spicy seasoning or sauce on the fish filet, giving it a kick of heat. All in all making a Burger King fish sandwich at home is a child’s play.
With just a few simple ingredients and basic kitchen skills, you can enjoy a restaurant-quality sandwich right in your home. Keep reading to know the nitty gritty.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Fish Sandwich?
- Frying Pan – Deep-fry the coated fish filets in a frying pan until brown and crispy for the fish sandwich.
- Pan – Toast the Hamburger buns in a pan before assembling them for a crisper bite.
- Bowl – Coat the filets with breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Spatula – Toast the buns from all sides by flipping them with a spatula.
- Tongs – Fry the filets evenly by flipping them with tongs.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Burger King Fish Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Fish Sandwich?
- Fish – I have used four fish Alaskan pollock filets for the sandwich, known for their mild flavor and flaky texture.
- Tartar Sauce – Use eight tablespoons of tartar sauce in the Burger King fish sandwich for a creamy and tangy sauce that pairs well with the fish.
- Iceberg Lettuce – A head of lettuce will add a fresh crunch, and the cheese (if included) adds an extra layer of flavor and creaminess.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – The filet is breaded with half a cup of panko breadcrumbs and fried until crispy, giving it a satisfying crunch with each bite.
- Pickles – Use two to three slices of pickles for the fish sandwiches to add a tangy flavor that compliments the mild taste of the fish. Moreover, the crunchy texture of the pickles will also add an extra layer of texture to the sandwich.
- Hamburger Buns – Use four hamburger buns, especially brioche-style buns, often used for fish sandwiches because they are soft, slightly sweet, and sturdy enough to hold the fish filet and other toppings without falling apart.
- Olive Oil – Deep fry the filets in three tablespoons of olive oil until brown and crispy.
Steps To Make Burger King Fish Sandwich
1. Season The Fillet
To make a fish sandwich at home, start by seasoning the Alaskan pollock filets with panko bread crumbs. Coat the filets evenly from all sides.
Next, heat some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the filets. Deep-fry the filets until crispy and golden brown.
2. Assembling Session
Toast the hamburger buns on a pan before assembling. Once done, assemble the sandwiches. Spread two tablespoons of tartar sauce on both sides of the bun.
Layer it with a leaf of lettuce, followed by a slice of pickle.
Put the fried filet on the top and over with the top bun. Your Burger King-style fish sandwich is ready to serve.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
How Will Burger King Fish Sandwich Look And Taste Like?
Burger King fish sandwich looks fresh and glossy with the brioche bun. The crust on the fish is super crispy, with a generous amount of not-so-sweet and tangy tartar sauce. Lettuce compliments perfectly, providing a refreshing crunch.
Above that, the addition of pickles to the fish makes this sandwich a little salty, and the slightly sweet flavor of brioche-style bun bread creates a more harmonious flavor profile.
Overall, this sandwich which combines tartar sauce, pickles, and lettuce, creates a balance of flavors and textures that work well together.
Burger King Fish Sandwich
- Frying Pan
- 4 Alaskan Pollock Filets
- 8 tablespoons Tartar Sauce
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2-3 slices Pickles
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Season the fish filets with panko bread crumbs in a mixing bowl, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the fish filets until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Toast the Hamburger bun for 3 to 5 minutes until it is slightly brown.
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading tartar sauce on the bottom bun, followed by a slice of pickle, lettuce, and the fried fish filet and cover with another top.
- Serve your homemade Burger King fish sandwich immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Burger King fish sandwich made with real fish?
The Burger King fish sandwich is made with 100% wild-caught Alaskan pollock.
Is the Burger King fish sandwich gluten-free?
The Burger King fish sandwich is not gluten-free as it contains wheat in the bun and may come in contact with gluten-containing ingredients during preparation.
Can I customize my Burger King fish sandwich?
You can customize your Burger King fish sandwich by adding or removing toppings, such as tartar sauce, lettuce, or cheese.
Is the Burger King-style fish sandwich available all year round?
The Burger King fish sandwich is a seasonal item typically available during the lenten season leading up to Easter.
Can I order this fish sandwich online or through the mobile app of Burger King?
You can order this sandwich online or through the Burger King mobile app for pickup or delivery.
The Burger King fish sandwich is a great option for those looking for a quick and tasty seafood meal on the go. It has crispy fish filets, tangy tartar sauce, and crisp lettuce on a soft bun.
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to share your views with us. Till then, Bon Appetit!