Pepper steak is a stir-fried Chinese American dish. The dish traces its first evidence of existence to America in 1948. Pepper Steak is the most perfect dish for dinner at your home. It can be served alongside cooked rice and can be cooked quickly.
Pepper steak is cooked on all weekends at my home and is also the cynosure during our get-togethers. My mom cooks it perfectly and we are always in awe of her capability to make Pepper steak quickly. This scrumptious dish would surely become your favourite once you know how to make Pepper Steak at your home.
So, in this article, I will be telling you how to make Pepper Steak at your home. Now, without further ado, let’s check out the Pepper Steak Recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Chicken Balls– This Thai Chicken Balls dish would remind you of Thai restaurants and give you the pleasure of Thai flavor at home. If you make Thai Chicken Balls at home, you can either give them a small shape or a large one resembling a burger.
2. Huevos Con Chorizo– The name pretty much says it all: This is a simple breakfast dish of eggs scrambled with chorizo.
3. Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy– Chicken Fried Steak with Sawmill Gravy is a true Texas meal. Delicious cube steak in a crunchy, flavorful breading and delicious white gravy!
4. Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms– No wonder Beef Stroganoff tastes the best with mushrooms. But some people like them without mushrooms. Also, when someone at your home is allergic to mushrooms, then you have no choice left but to cook this dish without the mushrooms.
Ingredients required for Pepper Steak Recipe
|Low sodium soy sauce||1/4 cup|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 tbsp|
|Packed brown sugar||4 tsp|
|Vegetable oil, divided||2 tbsp|
|Flank steak, thinly against the grain||1 lb|
|Red bell pepper, thinly sliced||1|
|Green belle pepper, thinly sliced||1|
|Freshly minced ginger||1 tbsp|
Note : Kosher salt and ground black pepper are to be used for seasoning. Cooked white rice are to be served along with the dish.
How much time will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
Pepper Steak Recipe
- Take a medium bowl. Mix together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. Leave it undisturbed.
- Take a large skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat.
- Put the flank steak into it. Sprinkle salt over it.
- Let it cook thoroughly so that it gets seared on all sides. Ideally, 8 to 10 minutes would be enough.
- Now, take out the steak and place it on a plate.
- Now, put remaining oil, red and green bell peppers into the skillet.
- Let it cook until it gets softened for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now add garlic and ginger. Cook until it gives fragrance with stirring occasionally.
- Now put the beef back to the skillet. Pour it over the prepared sauce.
- Cook it until the sauce is glossy for about 2 minutes while stirring it as well.
- Serve it with rice.
Nutritional information of Pepper Steak Recipe
|Saturated fats||2 gm|