Penne pasta Arrabiata is a delicious pasta to satisfy your pasta cravings. It uses simple ingredients and also gets ready in no time. It is quite simple to make it too. If you want an easy dinner, then this is the recipe for you.
The spicy taste and choice of aromatic herbs make your spicy Arrabiata penne pasta very amazing and a perfect treat to your taste buds. Al Dante penne pasta tossed in a classic Italian tomato and onion sauce & mildly spiced with oregano, chilly flakes and the topping of the Arrabiata sauce is one quick pasta you can have when your tummy growls with hunger.
To make penne pasta arrabiata, cook the penne al dente. In a pan, put olive oil. Add garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and mix. Season with salt and oregano. Mix it until desired consistency is reached. In another pan, toss the penne with some herbs and olive oil. Then, add sauce and gently stir. Garnish with parsley and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below, along with the ingredients and nutritional information.
Ingredients For Penne Pasta Arrabiata
- 250g Penne Pasta
- 5 medium Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 10 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilies (crushed)
- 2 medium Onion (sliced)
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- Salt (as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh Parsley
These are the ingredients you’ll be needing for this recipe. Now, let’s see the time required to make this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Penne Pasta Arrabiata?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
Let’s move to the steps of the recipe and see how we can make the penne pasta arrabiata.
Steps To Make Penne Pasta Arrabiata
- Boil penne in plenty of water with salt and a teaspoon of oil till al dente, which means till just cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Blanch tomatoes, peel, remove seeds and roughly chop. Heat one and a half tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Add red chili flakes and continue to sauté. Add onions and sauté till onions turn soft and translucent. Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Add salt and oregano and mix well. Cook for two to three minutes till the mixture gets a sauce consistency.
- Heat a little of the remaining olive oil in another pan, add some herbs add one portion of penne and toss. Add sauce as required and toss.
- You should not use a spoon or spatula to mix since it may cause the penne to break. Serve hot garnished with parsley.
Your penne pasta arrabiata is ready to serve. Let’s check the nutritional content of the pasta in the table below.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Penne Pasta Arrabiata
Here is the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
This was it about this recipe. Tell me how well you liked this recipe in the comments. Also, mention any suggestions or queries in the comments, I’ll try my best to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!