I learned to make Arrabiata Sauce from Italy and when I came back to India from Italy. I add Arrabiata Sauce in Penne Pasta and it came out as the best Penne Pasta Tossed in Arrabiata Sauce. The spicy taste and choice of aromatic herbs make your Spicy Arrabiata Penne Pasta a very amazing and a perfect treat to your taste buds. Al Dante penne pasta tossed in a classic Italian tomato and onion sauce & mildly spiced with oregano, chilly flakes and the topping of the Arrabiata sauce is one quick pasta you can have while the tummy growls with hunger.
Today, I will share Penne Pasta Tossed in Arrabiata Recipe. You can enjoy it as a meal with soup or with breads of your choice.
Let’s make a journey towards our quick hunger respite.
Ingredients for Fiery Penne Pasta Arrabiata Recipe – Penne Pasta Tossed in an Arrabiata Sauce
|Penne pasta||250 grams|
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
|Garlic chopped||10 cloves|
|Red chillies crushed||1 tsp|
|Sliced onion||2 medium|
|Tomato puree||½ cup|
|Fresh parsley||1 tbsp|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 MINS||15 MINS||35 MINS|
How to make Fiery Penne Pasta Arrabiata Recipe – Penne Pasta Tossed in an Arrabiata Sauce
- Boil penne in plenty of water with salt and a teaspoon of oil till al dante which means till just cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Blanch tomatoes, peel, remove seeds and roughly chop. Heat one and a half tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Add red chili flakes and continue to sauté. Add onions and sauté till onions turn soft and translucent. Add tomato concasse and mix.
- Add tomato puree and mix. Add salt and oregano and mix well. Cook for two to three minutes till the mixture gets a sauce consistency.
- Heat a little of the remaining olive oil in another pan, add some herbs add one portion of penne and toss. Add sauce as required and toss.
- You should not use a spoon or spatula to mix since it may cause the penne to break. Serve hot garnished with parsley.
Nutritional Facts Of Penne Pasta Tossed in an Arrabiata Sauce