Penne arrabbiata is exquisitely enticing. We have shared the recipe for authentic Italian penne arrabbiata in this article. It is a spicy pasta dish to satisfy your pasta cravings.
It uses simple ingredients and also gets ready in no time. If you want an easy dinner, then this is the recipe for you.
To make penne arrabbiata, cook the penne al dente. Then, prepare the arrabbiata sauce in a pan. Add garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes, and tomato puree and mix well.
Season it with salt and oregano. Mix it until desired consistency is reached. Then, add penne and gently stir. Garnish with parsley and serve.
To make penne arrabbiata heartier, add meat to the dish, such as chicken or sausage. This can make it a heartier meal that is perfect for a winter night.
If you want a creamier version of penne arrabbiata, you can try adding some heavy cream or half and half to the dish. This will also make it richer and more decadent.
No matter what variations you choose, penne arrabbiata is a delicious and easy dish to make at home. With so many possibilities, it is sure to become a new family favorite.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below, along with the ingredients, equipment, and nutritional information. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Jamie Oliver’s Pasta Pesto with Chicken– If you want a pasta recipe that is delicious, fulfilling and is not at all difficult to make, then Jamie Oliver’s recipe for the pasta pesto with chicken is a great one to try. It is part of Jamie Oliver’s 15-minute meal and gets ready in no time.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Spaghetti Bolognese– Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese is similar to Italian Bolognese but Jamie Oliver has made it extra healthy and more delicious than the traditional recipe. You can also make it by following the recipe that I’ve mentioned.
3. Janice Feuer Haugen’s Chocolate Decadence– If you love chocolate desserts, then Janice Feuer Haugen’s recipe of Chocolate Decadence is a fantastic recipe to try. It is made with smooth chocolate, which is baked to perfection and topped with candied orange peel.
4. Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad– If you are looking for a healthy recipe to make that is also high in taste parameters, then Jaime Oliver’s blackened chicken and quinoa salad recipe is the one for you. It is flavorful, delicious and really easy to make.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Penne Arrabbiata?
- Frying Pan – Prepare the arrabbiata sauce in a frying pan until you reach desired consistency.
- Saucepan – Boil the penne pasta in a saucepan until tender.
- Ladle – Stir in all the elements with a ladle.
- Knife – Chop the onions and tomatoes with a sharp knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Sieve – Drain the water from the cooked pasta using a sieve.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Penne Arrabbiata?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Penne Arrabbiata?
- Penne Pasta – As the name implies, use some penne for making penne pasta. It is an ideal choice for retaining sauce on its entire surface.
- Tomato Puree – The arrabbiata sauce will be thickened with half a cup of tomato puree.
- Olive Oil – Sauté the onions using olive oil until brown. Moreover, adding olive oil to the sauce will keep it moist.
- Tomatoes – Take some fresh tomatoes to prepare penne pasta arrabbiata.
- Onions – Chopped onions will bring out the savory blend of flavors.
- Minced Garlic – Prepare the arrabbiata sauce by adding minced garlic. It will enhance the pungent flavors.
- Red Chilies – Spice up the penne pasta arrabbiata with crushed red chilies.
- Oregano – Endeavor to achieve a subtle balance between sweet and spicy sharpness with a teaspoon of oregano.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the pasta with a pinch of black pepper.
- Parsley – Garnish the penne pasta with dried parsley.
Steps To Make Penne Arrabbiata
1. Simmer The Penne
Take a saucepan to cook the penne pasta. Add a teaspoon of olive oil, water, and penne to the saucepan.
Bring to a boil until al dente. The penne pasta will be boiled in just 5 to 8 minutes until soft enough to eat.
2. Arrabbiata Sauce Is The Must
Prepare the arrabbiata sauce in a pan. Place the pan on low heat and grease it with olive oil. Then, add chopped onions, red chili flakes, and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
Moving forward, add chopped tomatoes, oregano, salt, black pepper, tomato puree, and half a cup of water. Stir in everything evenly and let it cook for another 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
3. Fold The Penne
When you see the bubbles forming in the arrabbiata sauce, add boiled penne, and mix it well. Remove the pan from the heat and serve. Garnish it with dried parsley to enjoy the flavors.
How Will Penne Arrabbiata Look And Taste Like?
Penne pasta prepared with arrabbiata sauce tastes exquisitely delightful. There is a balance of sweet and spicy flavors.
In addition to this, the texture of the pasta is succulent and will surely entice your taste buds. Relish the palatable penne with a little kick of the arrabbiata sauce.
The spicy taste and choice of aromatic herbs make your spicy arrabbiata penne pasta very amazing and a perfect treat to your taste buds.
Al Dante penne pasta tossed in a classic Italian tomato and onion sauce and mildly spiced with oregano, chilly flakes and the topping of the arrabbiata sauce is one quick pasta you can have when your tummy growls with hunger.
Penne Arrabbiata Recipe
- 250 g Penne Pasta
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Sliced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Chilies
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- Boil penne in plenty of water with salt and a teaspoon of oil till al dente, which means soft enough to eat. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat one and a half tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for half a minute. Add red chili flakes and onions and sauté till onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato puree, and chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Add salt and oregano and mix well. Cook for two to three minutes till the mixture gets a sauce consistency.
- Toss the penne pasta with the sauce evenly.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is spicy arrabbiata?
Arrabiata is a spicy sauce that originated in Italy. In Italian, arrabbiata means ‘angry’, but the people gave this name to a spicy, savory, and flavorful sauce.
What’s the difference between marinara and arrabbiata sauce?
The marinara sauce is sweeter in flavor and the arrabbiata sauce is spicier. The arrabbiata sauce is prepared with chili flakes to incorporate pure spiciness.
What are two important things to remember when cooking pasta?
The two important things to remember while cooking pasta are don’t overcook the pasta and don’t add too much sauce. The overcooking will lead to soggy pasta and the excess sauce will make it unnecessarily spicy.
Why is it called penne arrabbiata?
Arrabbiata means “angry” in Italian. As the sauce is fiery and hot in taste, the dish came to be known as arrabbiata.
Penne arrabbiata is a delicious and easy to make pasta dish that can be made with a variety of ingredients. The dish is typically made with penne pasta, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and chili peppers.
This was it about this recipe. Tell me how well you liked this recipe in the comments. Also, mention any suggestions or queries in the comments, I’ll try my best to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!