Baking bread at home is undoubtedly a delight. The recipe that I will be sharing with you today is pecan raisin bread.
No wonder baking is the most exciting aspect of cooking. Ever since I have found my love for baking, I wanted to bake bread from scratch. To accomplish this, I searched for my mother’s bread recipes, and I stumbled across this pecan raisin bread recipe. So I decided to the recipe with you all too.
To make pecan raisin bread at home, mix water, butter, egg, sugar, dry milk powder, bread flour, yeast, finely chopped pecan, and raisins in a bowl. Let it rest for an hour then, knead lightly. Transfer to a bread pan and leave it for another hour and a half. Bake in the oven for an hour. Take it out and let it cool then, serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Pugliese Bread– This special Italian bread originated from Puglia. It is the Pugliese bread. It is an oval bread made from moist fermented dough and is really crispy and delicious.
2. Classic Banana– Banana bread is the old times’ classics. It is probably one of the most famous bread recipes out there. Everyone loves banana bread and should learn how to make one. Fortunately, it’s quite easy to do.
3. Pioneer Woman Cornbread– It is baked cornbread and that you can ake in less than 30 minutes. It is delicious and has simple ingredients.
4. Rustic Italian Bread– Rustic Italian bread is a crispy and delicious round bread. It is made with four simple ingredients and get ready in less than an hour. It is has a crispy outside and a spongy inside.
Pecan Raisin Bread
- Large Bowl
- Baking Pan
- 1½ cup Water
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 4 cup Bread flour
- 1 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Raisins
- In a large bowl, add water, butter, egg, sugar, dry milk powder, bread flour, and yeast and mix all of these to make the dough.
- Knead the dough a little and leave it to rest for an hour.
- When the dough has become puffy and grown in size, knead it a little more and transfer it to a bread or baking pan
- Before the final kneading, add pecans and raisins.Let it rest in the baking pan for another hour and a half covered.
- Then, place this dough in a preheated oven and bake it for about an hour at 350oFX
- Take the bread out and let it cool. You can serve the bread immediately or store it for up to 5 days.You can also freeze it and use it for up to 3 months
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy to help you. Enjoy your freshly baked bread!