Do you want something that you can’t stop snacking on? Well, I have something for you. It’s the pecan raisin bread recipe that is undoubtedly a delight. So, let me give you a quick idea of how to make this bread at home.
To make pecan raisin bread at home, mix water, butter, egg, sugar, dry milk powder, bread flour, yeast, finely chopped pecan, and raisins in a bowl. Let it rest for an hour then, knead lightly.
Transfer to a bread pan and leave it for another hour and a half. Bake in the oven for an hour. Take it out and let it cool then, serve.
To make the perfect loaf of bread, add some unique flavors to it such as cinnamon or nutmeg to add depth of flavors to it. It will really make your loaf one in million treat. Also, you can spread it over some cream cheese or white chocolate sauce to enjoy this bread.
Follow our simple recipe to make a delicious loaf of pecan raisin bread. You will enjoy the baking time with this easy bread recipe. So, note down all the ingredients, equipment list and enjoy baking at home. But before that, check out below bread recipes below you might want to try.
Other Bread Recipes That You Can Try
- Banh Mi Recipe
- Pugliese Bread Recipe
- Yufka Recipe
- Rustic Italian Bread Recipe
- Rye Bread Recipe
- Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
- Pizza Crust Recipe
- Rye Croutons Recipe
- Rosca De Reyes Recipe
- Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pecan Raisin Bread?
- Oven – Bake the bread in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mixing Bowl – In a bowl, combine all the baking ingredients.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to fold in the dough properly.
- Baking Pan – Transfer the dough to the baking pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pecan Raisin Bread?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||10 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pecan Raisin Bread?
- Bread Flour – We’ll use bread flour instead of all-purpose flour. It contains more protein and has a strong gluten structure that supports the rise of the bread.
- Pecans – Pecans are the main flavor of the bread. They add a nice nutty flavor and make the bread taste rich.
- Raisins – Raisins add sweetness and a chewy texture to the bread.
- Sugar – Combine sugar with all the other ingredients to bring out some sweetness. Moreover, it will also help in speedy yeast activation.
- Butter – To add richness to the bread and make it tender, add butter.
- Water – Activate the dry yeast using water.
- Egg – Eggs give structure to the dough.
- Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder – Use milk powder to brown the bread and give it the best appearance.
- Active Dry Yeast – Dry yeast is the leavening agent that helps bread rise.
- Salt – To flavor the pecan raisin bread, use salt.
Steps To Make Pecan Raisin Bread
1. Knead The Dough
In a large bowl, combine warm water, butter, egg, sugar, dry milk powder, bread flour, and dry yeast. Mix all of the ingredients together until a dough forms.
Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Leave the dough to rest for thirty minutes in a warm place, covered with a clean towel.
2. Baking The Bread
After thirty minutes, knead the dough again. Add chopped pecans and raisins. Knead the dough for a few more minutes until the pecans and raisins are mixed well.
Preheat the oven and grease the baking pan. Place the dough in a greased baking pan. Once the oven is preheated, bake the bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for ten to twelve minutes.
3. Cool Down
Once the bread is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. You can serve the bread immediately or store it for up to five days.
How Will A Pecan Raisin Bread Look And Taste Like?
There is something great about this combination. The nuttiness of pecans, and the offsetting sweetness of raisins is what makes this pecan bread taste amazing. The texture of the bread is fluffy and soft.
It’s a dense and moist bread is the perfect breakfast. It’s not too sweet as the raisins adds perfect sweetness to the bread and healthy bread too. Talking about the appearance, the bread is browned perfeclty after baking. Overall, it makes a perfect treat.
Pecan Raisin Bread
- Large Bowl
- Baking Pan
- 1½ cup Water
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 4 cup Bread flour
- 1 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Raisins
- In a large bowl, add water, butter, egg, sugar, dry milk powder, bread flour, and yeast and mix all of these to make the dough.
- Knead the dough a little and leave it to rest for an hour.
- When the dough has become puffy and grown in size, knead it a little more and transfer it to a bread or baking pan
- Before the final kneading, add pecans and raisins.Let it rest in the baking pan for another hour and a half covered.
- Then, place this dough in a preheated oven and bake it for about an hour at 350oFX
- Take the bread out and let it cool. You can serve the bread immediately or store it for up to 5 days.You can also freeze it and use it for up to 3 months
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to make pecan raisin bread?
It takes around forty to fifty minutes to make pecan raisin bread.
Can I use different types of nuts instead of pecans?
Yes! You can use walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts, or even use a combination of different nuts for this recipe.
Can I add more raisins to the recipe?
Yes, you can add more raisins if you like. However, it’s important not to overdo it, as too many raisins can make the bread too sweet or affect its texture.
How long does the bread stay fresh?
The bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three to four days.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy to help you. Enjoy your freshly baked bread!