Any Thanksgiving dinner will be incomplete without a pecan cornbread dressing. Today, I am going to show you how you can easily make it at home.
To make this recipe, I will recommend you to use stale cornbread, not a fresh one. This will give a crispy texture to the cornbread dressing mix. So, make the cornbread 2-3 days prior to the dressing. If you use fresh cornbread, it will add a soggy texture to the dressing. Make sure you dry out the cornbread before using it in the recipe.
To make pecan cornbread dressing, mix cornbread in boiling water and butter. Cook bacon and use its dripping to cook celery and onions. Add them to the cornbread mixture and mix well. Then, shift this to a greased dish and bake it for 45 minutes.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Fabada– Fabada is a great recipe for Spanish cuisine. This recipe is also known as Pork and Beans. It is one of Spain’s traditional recipes. It tastes best when served along with red wine or Asturian cider.
2. Ground Beef Tacos– The meat with high fat will give more flavor to the tacos. These tacos make a perfect family dinner for the weekend.
3. Garlic Broccoli and Chicken Pasta– This pasta recipe is quick and easy to make. It gives a perfect flavor of garlic with the richness of creamy parmesan sauce. Unlike other creamy kinds of pasta, this combination of chicken breasts combined with broccoli and pasta is not heavy at all.
4. Pizzadilla– Pizzadilla is, for sure, a unique name and you all would be amazed to know that it is a combination of two words, i.e., pizza and quesadilla. So, basically, we can say that it is a quesadilla filled with pizza toppings.
Pecan Cornbread Dressing
- 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 (16 ounces) package Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 10 Bacon Strips (diced)
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 ½ cup Green Onions (chopped)
- ½ cup Pecans (coarsely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Take a large saucepan. Add butter and water to it and bring it to a boil. Remove the pan from the flame and add the stuffing mix. Cover it and set it aside.
- Now, take a large skillet and cook bacon in it until it turns crispy. Drain it over a paper towel. Discard the bacon drippings except for three tablespoons of it.
- Cook celery in this dripping over a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add onions to it and cook until they get tender. Make sure you stir them frequently.
- To this, add cornbread, pecans, salt, pepper, and bacon. Mix them all well.
- Transfer this mixture to a greased casserole of 2 quarts or 9×2 inches. Cover it and bake at 325oC for 45 minutes.