Any Thanksgiving dinner will be incomplete without Pecas Cornbread Dressing. Today, I am going to show you how you can easily make it at your home.
To make this recipe, I will recommend you to use stale cornbread, not a fresh one. This will give a crispy texture to the cornbread dressing mix. So, make the cornbread 2-3 days prior to the dressing. If you use fresh cornbread, it will add a soggy texture to the dressing. Make sure you dry out the cornbread before using it in the recipe.
To make pecan cornbread dressing, follow these few steps—mix cornbread in boiling water and butter. Cook bacon and use its dripping to cook celery and onions. Add them to the cornbread mixture and mix well. Then, shift this to a greased dish and bake.
The directions mentioned above are in brief, so look further for a detailed description below in the article. To get things started, first grab the ingredients that you need for this recipe. The list of ingredients is given below. Mark a check and get started.
Ingredients For Pecan Cornbread Dressing
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 package Cornbread Stuffing Mix (16 ounces)
- 10 Bacon Strips (diced)
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1-1/2 cups Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans (coarsely)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
The ingredients you need to make this recipe are easy to find in any supermarket. You will find some of them even in your pantry itself. So make sure to look it in your kitchen first before heading out to the store. Let’s see how much time you need on your hand for this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Pecan Cornbread Dressing?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||45 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
It may seem like a time consuming recipe, but it is an easy recipe to make for dinner. You will know this after looking at the instructions to be followed. Take a look.
Steps To Make Pecan Cornbread Dressing
- Take a large saucepan. Add butter and water to it to boil. Remove the pan from the flame and add stuffing mix. Cover and set it aside.
- Now, take a large skillet and cook bacon in it until it turns crispy. Drain it over a paper towel. Discard the bacon drippings except for three tablespoons of it—cook celery in this dripping over a medium flame for 5 minutes. Add onions to it and cook till they get tender. Make sure you stir them frequently. To this, add cornbread, pecan, salt, pepper, and bacon. Mix them all well.
- Transfer this mixture to a greased casserole of 2 quarts or 9×2 inches. Cover it and bake at 325 degrees C for 45 minutes.
Serve this dressing with pork or roasted chicken and you will love the pairing.
Nutritional Breakdown of Pecan Cornbread Dressing
Let’s have a look at the nutritional composition of this recipe.
How To Make Pecan Cornbread Dressing At Home | Video
To help you out, I have uploaded a video of an alternate recipe to make sure that you can add a little twist to the recipe as per your liking. Watch the video to know every detail.
Your suggestions and questions regarding the recipe is what I will be looking forward to as always. So without any hesitation, you can ask me anything in the comment section. Let me know its reviews too. For now, sit back and enjoy your food. Bon Appetite!