My grandmother is perfect at making Pear Preserves. Whether it is preservatives or jams, her knowledge and expertise are commendable. She makes absolutely delicious and scrumptious Pear Preserves. My mother and I have learnt the recipe from her and we strive to make the preserves as per she commands.
Only last month, when my mother had gone for a visit to my granny’s place that I initiated to make them on my own. Much to my surprise, I could make it and showed them over facetime. I can never forget the smiles they had on their faces, also their gleamy eyes reflected how proud they were.
I am sure you will be as happy and thrilled as we are after making and consuming Pear Preserves. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Buckeye Balls– Buckeye Balls are an EASY dessert made from peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate and refrigerated to make a no-bake candy treat with only 6 ingredients.
2. Chocolate Sprinkles– Eating ice cream or dessert with some garnished chocolate sprinkles is what everyone dreams for. Those sweet and a little dark flavour adds to the taste of our desserts.
3. White Chocolate Truffles– White Chocolate Truffles are mini candies that are made using White Chocolate. These candies are considered as one of the most luxurious sweets on the planet because of their very smooth texture.
4. Eel Sauce– Eel sauce is not actually made of eel. This sauce is served alongside Japanese dishes like sushi. Natsume, Unagi or Kabayaki are some of its varieties. One of the main ingredients of Eel Sauce is mirin, a Japanese rice wine.
Ingredients required for Pear Preserves Recipe
|Peeled, cored and sliced pears||6|
|Lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 (2 ounce) package|
|White sugar||8 cups|
|Ground allspice||2 tbsp|
|Ground nutmeg||2 tbsp|
|Brown sugar||1/2 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time(excluding storing time)|
|30 minutes||15 minutes||45 minutes|
Pear Preserves Recipe
- Take a stockpot.
- Mix pears, water and lemon juice in it.
- Let it cook covered on simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Into this mixture, add pectin and let it boil fully.
- Now add sugar and don’t hinder boiling process while stirring occasionally to ensure sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Now add brown sugar , allspice and nutmeg and stir them.
- Quickly,fill the sterilised jars.
- Clean the rims and close the sterilised lids.
- Now in order to seal the jars, process them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information of Pear Preserves Recipe
|Total fats||0.1 gm|
|Total carbohydrates||38.9 gm|
|Dietary fiber||0.7 gm|
|Vitamin A||5 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|