It is always said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So, you should make sure that what you eat for breakfast should be healthy, should make you full and give you the energy for the whole day. One such healthy breakfast recipe is the peanut butter banana oatmeal.
I often make peanut butter banana oatmeal for breakfast as it is really nutritious and is not time-consuming. It gets ready in just a few minutes and keeps you full for a longer time. It is sweetened with honey and topped with crunchy peanuts.
To make peanut butter banana oatmeal, boil milk in a pan and add oats to it. Cook for a few minutes and keep it aside. In a bowl, add mashed bananas, cinnamon powder, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla. Add the oat mixture and honey and mix. Put sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, and cinnamon on top of the oatmeal and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Cinnamon Pecan Waffles– Cinnamon pecan waffles are delicious and really easy to make. If you want to have waffles for breakfast then, cinnamon pecan waffles are the best choice.
2. Tattie Scones– Tattie scones are very popular in Scotland. They are a great breakfast food made of mashed potatoes and flour along with other ingredients. They are made of simple ingredients and don’t take much of your time.
3. Spinach Frittata– This spinach frittata recipe is a really healthy and delicious breakfast recipe. This recipe consists of eggs, spinach and also, cheese.
4. Funeral Sandwiches– These are ham and cheese baked sandwiches. They are perfect to be served as an appetizer or as lunchtime or a breakfast meal.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- ¼ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp Honey
- Add milk to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add oats to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Cover it with a lid and keep it aside.
- Put mashed bananas, ground cinnamon, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla in a bowl and mix properly.
- Now, add oat mixture to this bowl. Also, add honey if you want your oatmeal to be sweet. Give everything a good mix and your peanut butter banana oatmeal is ready.
- Top the oatmeal with sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, and additional cinnamon powder.