Do you love peanut butter? You’re lucky because here’s a yummy peanut butter balls recipe. The chewiness and chocolatey layer are enough to satiate your sugar rush. Are you excited to know the recipe? Read here for more.
Making peanut butter balls is easy. All you need is four ingredients, and it’s ready. Combine peanut butter and salted butter in the bowl. Stir in sugar and make a dough. Refrigerate the dough until set.
Make small balls out of the dough and dip them into the chocolate. Set them in the refrigerator and enjoy your favorite peanut butter balls.
Yey! Isn’t it easy? This recipe specifically uses creamy peanut butter. It helps you bring out the smooth texture of the balls.
Here is one more tip: use any dark chocolate for dipping purposes. Dark chocolate will cover the sweetness of the balls, bringing you a wonderful experience.
Note down the recipe steps for how to make peanut balls here. Take all the necessary equipment and ingredients and start making a tasty Christmas treat.
What Are The Tips To Make Peanut Butter Balls?
Make delicious peanut butter balls following these tips:
- Start with creamy peanut butter. You can use either natural or processed peanut butter, but avoid using chunky peanut butter as it will be difficult to work with and result in an uneven ball.
- Add some softened butter to the peanut butter and mix until combined. It will help to make the mixture more pliable and easier to work with.
- Use a small cookie scoop or your hands to roll the mixture into small balls. If the mixture is too sticky, dust your hands with a little sugar or flour before rolling.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt some chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave, being careful not to overheat it.
What Are The Recipe Variations For Peanut Butter Balls?
There are a few variations on the classic peanut butter ball recipe.
- Peanut butter balls can be made with or without chocolate, and they can be rolled in a variety of toppings.
- For a chocolate peanut butter ball, melt some chocolate, and dip the peanut butter balls in it.
- You can drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the balls for a stunning effect. Once the chocolate is solidified, you can store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you want to get creative with your peanut butter balls, you can try rolling them in chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or crushed cereal. Make sure that whatever you roll them in is finely chopped so that it sticks to the ball easily.
- Once you’ve rolled them in their topping of choice, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop them in the fridge until they’re firm.
What Are The Best Chocolates For Peanut Butter Balls?
There are many chocolate options, but not all of them are created equal when it comes to making peanut butter balls.
You want chocolate that will hold its shape and not melt too easily so that your peanut butter balls are perfect spheres of goodness.
Here are a few of our favorite chocolates for making peanut butter balls:
- Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar: This chocolate has a nice bittersweet flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the peanut butter. It’s also firm enough to hold its shape when melted, making it ideal for dipping your peanut butter balls.
- Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate: This dark chocolate is perfect for those who like peanut butter balls on the richer side. It melts quickly, so be careful not to overdo it when dipping your balls.
- Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Bars: These chocolate bars are a classic choice for dipping peanut butter balls. They have a smooth, mellow flavor that goes well with the sweetness of the peanut butter filling.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter Balls?
- Bowl – Combine butter and peanut butter in the bowl to make a dough.
- Baking Sheet – Place the peanut butter balls on the baking sheet and transfer them into the refrigerator.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients.
- Microwave – Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for three minutes.
- Parchment Paper – Place peanut butter balls on the parchment paper lined sheet and refrigerate them.
- Plastic Wrap – Cover the peanut butter dough with plastic wrap for storage.
- Wax Paper – After dipping the peanut butter balls in the chocolate, place them on the wax paper.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter Balls?
|Preparation Time||Rest Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||5 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter Balls?
- Peanut Butter – This recipe uses creamy peanut butter. It will make the balls quite soft and chewy.
- Butter – Use salted butter for this recipe to add flavor.
- Powdered Sugar – Add powdered sugar to the dough for sweetness and binding.
- Chocolate Chips – Dip your peanut butter in the melted chocolate chip for the best peanut butter balls.
Steps To Make Peanut Butter Balls
1. Make The Dough
In a bowl, combine peanut butter and softened butter. Make sure you use room-temperature butter for this recipe.
Stir in sugar gradually until everything is combined well. Now cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Please keep it in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes until the dough is firm up.
2. Make Small Balls
Take the bowl out of the refrigerator. Using your hands, take a small portion of the dough. Shape it into the ball and place it on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Make twenty-four balls. Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for twenty minutes.
3. Melt The Chocolate
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for three minutes. Take the bowl out. Dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate with a fork.
Coat them well. Make sure all the excess chocolate falls off. Place on the wax paper and refrigerate for two hours.
Peanut butter balls are ready. Enjoy!
How Will Peanut Butter Balls Look And Taste Like?
Peanut Butter Balls taste like peanut butter but have a unique texture. They are chewy and dipped in melted chocolate for a rich experience.
These cute little boys look appealing with their dark brown color and satisfy your tastebuds with a bittersweet taste.
Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- ½ cup Peanut Butter (creamy)
- 3 tablespoon Butter (salted)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Combine peanut butter and softened butter in the bowl.
- Gradually stir in sugar and keep mixing until it becomes smooth.
- Refrigerate the dough until hardened for fifteen minutes.
- Make twenty-four balls out of the dough. Shape them with your hands.
- Place them on the baking sheet and refrigerate for twenty minutes until set well.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Dip the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate.
- Place them on the wax paper.
- Peanut butter balls are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are peanut butter balls made of?
Peanut butter balls contain peanut butter, salted butter, sugar, and semisweet chocolate chips. There are many other variations of peanut butter balls that you can try.
How do you melt peanut butter to drizzle?
Microwave peanut butter for a minute and melt it in drizzling consistency.
How many carbs are in a peanut butter ball?
One peanut butter balls consist of 31g of carbohydrates.
What’s a better snack than peanut butter balls? These balls will be a true delight for kids and adults both. They’re simple to make, are high in protein, and are not too sweet.
Reach for some staple kitchen ingredients to whip up this quick, easy, and fun recipe.
The featured image is taken from culinary hills.
The recipe card image is taken from she wears many hats.