When I was a kid, I still remember my friends who were the residence of Toronto used to bring pemeal bacon at school. I found them so tasty that I could not stop myself from eating those. So, today let’s know the peameal bacon recipe.
Start off with curing the boneless pork loin. In container, add meat, water, and seasonings. Brine for four days in the refrigerator. When it’s done curing, you can cook in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for ten to twelve minutes. You get your delicious peameal bacon ready.
First, make sure to trim off any excess fat from your boneless lean pork loin. This will help the peameal coating stick to the meat better and give you a leaner, healthier cut of bacon. Moreover, if you are cooking pemeal bacon, use skillet for crispy exterior.
I will start by providing the list of ingredients require for Peameal Bacon. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Teriyaki Meatballs– Teriyaki meatballs are a combination of teriyaki sauce and meatballs. It combines the beef and pork meatballs with the sweet and savory teriyaki sauce to make a flavorful and unforgettable combination.
2. Bread and Butter Pickles– Bread and butter pickles are really cheap staple in household and this unique sweet and tangy taste of homemade bread and butter pickles is loved by so many people.
3. Crab Cake– Crab cakes make the perfect appetizer for your family bonding or get together, regardless of the main course you intend to serve.
4. Mushroom Chips– These chips will satisfy even those that are quite picky. They are boosted with great flavour and still very low in carbs! Mushrooms are also a good source of potassium which is sometimes deficient in our diets.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Peameal Bacon?
- Container – Place meat, water and seasonings in the container for the curing process.
- Oven – Roast the meat at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baking Sheet – Place the cured meat on the baking sheet for roasting.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Peameal Bacon?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||4 Days||10 Minutes||4 Days 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Peameal Bacon?
- Pork Loin – Pork loin is a lean cut of a meat to make peameal bacon. Take a boneless part of the loin.
- Cold Water – Soak the pork loin in the cold water.
- Maple Syrup – Add maple syrup to the curing process. It will also add sweet flavors to it.
- Dried Yellow Peas – Yellow peas are used to create the cornmeal coating that is characteristic of peameal bacon.
- Prague Powder – Prague powder is very salty. It adds salty flavor to the cured meat.
- Mustard Seeds – Mustard seeds add mild and nutty flavor to the peameal bacon.
- Peppercorns – Add peppercorns for the earthy, hot, and woody flavors.
- Bay Leaf – Bay leaves are added to the brine. They add a sweet and herbal flavor to the meat.
- Kosher Salt – Salt helps to preserve the meat during the curing process.
Steps To Make Peameal Bacon
1. Prepare The Brine
In a large, tall container, add water, maple syrup, salt, cure, peppercorns, mustard seeds, bay leaf, and Prague powder to make a flavorful brine. Mix everything properly until the salt and maple syrup are dissolved.
Use an injector to distribute the brine evenly over the loin. Make sure the brine reaches every part of the meat to get that amazing taste and texture.
2. Marinate The Meat
Place the brine-injected loin in the container with the remaining brine mixture. Cover the container and let it marinate in the refrigerator for four days. This process will allow the meat to absorb all the flavors and become tender.
After four days of marinating, remove the loin from the brine, and pat it dry with a paper towel. This step will help the seasoning to stick to the meat better, and give it a nice crust when cooked.
Place the dried loin in the refrigerator for a few hours. This will help the meat to absorb the flavors of the brine.
3. Cook The Peameal Bacon
After refrigerating, the peameal bacon is ready to be cooked. You can either fry it in a skillet or bake it in the oven. Whichever method you choose, cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you are baking in oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once preheated, place the cured meat on the baking sheet. Bake for ten to twelve minutes.
Finally, your delicious and flavorful peameal bacon is ready to serve. Cut it into thin slices, and serve it with your favorite sides for a super special dinner experience.
How Will Peameal Bacon Look And Taste Like?
Peameal bacon is a Canadian bacon. It’s a tender, flavorful cut of meat. It’s in pale yellow color and has crispy layer outside. You will love it’s juiciness and subtle sweetness.
This bacon is delicious and unique bacon recipe that’s definitely worth trying. So, make this at home and enjoy it’s savory and mild spicy taste.
Peameal Bacon Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 4½ pounds Pork Loin
- 3 quarts Cold Water
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1½ cup Dried Yellow Peas
- 2 tablespoons Prague Powder
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 10 Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ⅔ cup Kosher Salt
- In a large tall container add water, maple syrup, salt, cure, spices, and meat. Mix them properly.
- In the injector, inject the brine and inject it to loin. Distribute the brine properly over the loin.
- With the mixture in the container place loin with brine and keep it in the container for 4 days.
- Remove the loin and pat it dry. Place it in the refrigerator. So, the mixture and meat grab each other properly.
- After the freezing process you can fry it or you can bake it the choice is yours.
- Finally peameal bacon is ready to make you dinner super special.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is peameal bacon?
Peameal bacon is a Canadian bacon made from pork loin.
Can I bake peameal bacon in the oven?
Yes, you can also bake peameal bacon in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about twenty minutes.
What can I serve with peameal bacon?
You can serve peameal bacon as a breakfast side dish with eggs, on a sandwich with lettuce and tomato, or as part of a traditional Canadian dish like peameal bacon sandwiches.
How long does peameal bacon last in the fridge?
Peameal bacon can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of a healthy Peameal Bacon. Try this healthy recipe at your home and don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.