Pea and peanut salad is a crunchy and refreshing recipe and a different approach from traditional salads. It is a loved recipe even by people who don’t really like peas. It is also very easy to make doesn’t take much time.
I personally love the pea and peanut salad as a side dish for my meal. I was not that fond of salads. But, after a colleague of mine invited me to her place for dinner, she served me this salad. I loved the taste of it. I made it many times at home after that and enjoyed it every time.
To make this pea and peanut salad, add frozen peas, roasted peanuts, celery, bacon strips and chopped onion in a bowl. Take another smaller bowl and mix mayonnaise and Italian dressing in it. Then, add the contents of the smaller bowl to the bigger one and stir it. Your salad is ready!
This was just a brief way of how you can make this recipe. The detailed stepwise procedure, along with proper proportions of the ingredients, are given below. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Jicama Salad– Jicama is a root vegetable that can be a healthy substitute for a potato. If you want to have a spicy vegan salad, then this Jicama salad is perfect for you.
2. Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad– Thai peanut and quinoa salad is another gem of salads. It contains quinoa and peanuts, which are both known to be beneficial to your health. But other than that, it also has a delicious rich taste. This salad is also vegan.
3. Roasted Broccolini– Green vegetables are always a good choice for a healthy meal. Broccolini is a great choice if you want to eat veggies. Broccolini is the hybrid cultivation of Chinese cabbage and broccoli. It is also really easy to make roasted broccolini.
4. Beet Greens– This is a recipe that is made with the that we throw away every time after we use its bulb. The recipe is the beet greens, made of the leaves we cut out from the beetroot.
Pea ‘n’ Peanut Salad Recipe
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Celery (chopped)
- 6 Bacon Strips
- ¼ Cup Onion (chopped)
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- In a large bowl, add peas, peanuts, celery, bacon strips, and chopped onion.
- Take another small bowl, put mayonnaise with the salad dressing in it. Mix them thoroughly.
- Put the contents of the smaller bowl into the bigger one and stir it properly. Keep it inside the refrigerator until served.