For all the ladies! I know you may be envious of this beautiful red velvet cake. That’s what I don’t want you to feel.
Instead, make this Paula Deen red velvet cake recipe at home and get your loved ones closer to you. But first, let’s get to know the recipe.
So, to make this glorious cake, combine all the baking ingredients together in a bowl. Mix together cake flour, eggs, buttermilk, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and vinegar.
Bake the cake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for half an hour. Then prepare a nice creamy frosting with cream cheese and other ingredients. Spread the frosting on the cake and relish the flavors.
To make the cake more fluffy, here are some chef tips. Paula deen adds buttermilk to the cake batter to make it soft. To add further softness to the cake, she makes a cream cheese frosting.
Read the red velvet cake recipe instructions. Get your baking equipment ready before you begin. This is your go-to recipe for making fluffy red velvet cakes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti
- Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole
- Paula Deen Carrot Cakes
- Paula Deen Baked Beans
- Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup
- Paula Deen Salmon Patties
- Paula Deen Vegetable Soup
- Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie
- Paula Deen Cobbler
- Paula Deen Cheesecake
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake?
- Oven – Bake the red velvet cake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bowl – Combine cake ingredients together in the bowl.
- Sieve – Sift flour and salt together using a sieve.
- Spatula – Mix all batter ingredients using a spatula. You can use a rubber spatula.
- Baking Pan – Pour cake batter into the baking pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake?
- Cake Flour – Cake flour is a fine ground flour that makes fluffy cakes.
- Butter – Use softened butter to make the cake moist.
- Buttermilk – Adding buttermilk to the batter will make the cake soft and tender.
- Eggs – Add beaten eggs to make the cake batter for a structured cake.
- Red Food Coloring – Red velvet cake uses a drop of red food coloring.
- Vinegar – Add vinegar to the cake frosting to make it tangy.
- Vanilla Extract – Stir vanilla extract into the cake batter for vanilla flavor.
- Cream Cheese – We’ll make the frosting base with cream cheese.
- Cocoa Powder – Add cocoa powder for the chocolate flavor into the cake.
- Confectioners Sugar – Add confectioner’s sugar to make the frosting sweet.
- Baking Soda – A teaspoon of baking soda to the cake to make it fluffy and light.
- Sugar – Add a good amount of sugar for sweetness to the cake batter.
- Marshmallows – Marshmallows add a creamy texture and sweetness to the frosting. It pairs well with the cakes.
- Coconut – Some shredded coconut to the frosting for richness.
- Pecans – Add chopped pecans to the frosting for nutty flavors.
- Salt – Balance the cake taste with a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake
1. Prepare Cake Batter
Take a bowl, and beat two eggs in it. Then stir in sugar. Mix the eggs and sugar well for a creamy texture.
Combine cocoa powder along with red food coloring and then add to the egg mixture. Stir well.
Now add two sticks of softened butter to the egg mixture. Mix well. Now sift the cake flour and salt and add to the egg mixture. Also, add buttermilk at the same time.
Blend in vanilla extract. In another separate bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar. Add to the same egg mixture. The batter is ready.
2. Bake Time
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the 3*8 inches baking pan with butter. Pour the cake batter into the pan. Bake for twenty-five minutes.
Insert a toothpick to check if the cake is baked or not. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is baked. Be sure not to overbake the cake. It can come out dry.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese with butter. Add marshmallows and confectioner’s sugar.
Blend everything well. Now fold in shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
Spread the frosting between the cake layers, on the top, and as well as on the sides.
How Will Paula Deen’s Red Velvet Cake Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen’s red velvet cake is fluffy, soft, tender and light. The cream cheese frosting makes the cake super creamy, and the buttermilk adds even more softness to the cake.
The red food coloring adds a perfect shade of red to the cake. It has a decadent chocolate flavor that makes it an unforgettable cake.
The pecans folded in frosting add an extra layer of nutty flavor. Above that, coconut adds an intensely sweet flavor to the cake.
Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- Baking Pan
- 2½ cup Cake Flour
- 3 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 oz Red Food Coloring
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 16 oz Confectioners Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups4 Sugar
- 1 cup Marshmallows (melted)
- 1 cup Coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Make a creamed mixture. Then add cocoa powder along with red food coloring. Mix well.
- Now add softened butter to the same bowl.
- Sift together cake flour and salt and add to the bowl.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix together baking soda and vinegar. Add to the egg mixture.
- The cake batter is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the batter into the butter-greased baking pan.
- Bake for twenty-five minutes.
- The cake is ready.
- For frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, marshmallows, and sugar. Mix well.
- Fold in pecans and shredded coconut.
- Spread the frosting in between the cake layers.
- Cover the whole cake with the frosting.
- Paula Deen’s red velvet cake is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the flavor of red velvet cake?
The red velvet cake is tangy and buttery. It has mild cocoa and vanilla flavor. The red velvet cake uses red food coloring for the color, and it is a super soft and moist cake with cream cheese frosting.
What is the red in red velvet cake?
Red velvet cake uses red food coloring, which makes it a red color cake.
What is red velvet cake made of?
Red velvet cake is made of cocoa powder, vanilla extract, cake flour, butter, sugar, and cream cheese frosting.
Is red velvet cake different from chocolate cake?
Yes! Red velvet cake is different from chocolate cake. Red velvet cake has two flavors – mild chocolate flavor and vanilla. Chocolate cake has intense cocoa and chocolate flavor with chocolate frosting.
Is a red velvet cake made of strawberries?
The red velvet cake is a soft cake with cream cheese frosting. It does not include strawberries.
Visually striking, red velvet cake is everyone’s first love. There is something more deep and interesting about this – guess what? It’s flavors and frosting, of course!
So, propose this cake today in your kitchen and make your loved ones startled with its decadent flavors.