We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
Pumpkin pies always make me nostalgic. My mother used to bake me a delicious pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving. One day I thought to give it a try myself and tried Paula Deen’s recipe. It was so delicious, I even made it for my parents. My mother loved it too.
To make Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie, bake the pie crust for sometime. Then, mix pumpkin, sugar, salt, egg yolk, eggs, half-and-half, butter, vanilla extract, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. Fill it in the pie crust and bake. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Come let’s see Paula Deen’s complete pumpkin Pie Recipe works.
Ingredients For Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie
- 8 ounce softened package Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Canned Pumpkin (mashed)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk (slightly beaten)
- 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground Ginger
- 1 piece Pre-Made Pie Dough
- 1 box Whipped Cream
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 35 Minutes|
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a pie pan, place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough and press along the bottom and all sides.
- To make the pretty pattern pinch and crimp the edges together and after that put it back into the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
- To cover the inside of the shell, fit a piece of aluminum foil in it. Fill the shell up to with pie weights or dried beans (about 2) and put it inside the oven.
- Bake it for 10 minutes, bring the pie weights and foil out and again put the shell in oven and bake it for 10 minutes or until the crust looks dry and starts showing the color.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer, in a large mixing bowl. Also, add pumpkin, beat until combined.
- In the mixture, add the sugar and salt, and again beat it until combined and add the eggs mixed with yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter and again beat to mix all the ingredients.
- For added flavors, add vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger and beat it for the last time.
- In a warm prepared pie crust, pour the filling and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. On the wire rack place the pie and cool to room temperature.
- Cut the pie into slices and top it with whipped cream.
Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is ready to serve. Let’s check the nutritional content of this pie below.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
How To Make Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie At Home | Video
Check the video below to learn the Pumpkin pie recipe from Paula Deen herself.
This was it about the recipe. Tell me in the comments about your experience. Also, leave your suggestions and queries in the comments. I’ll make sure to answer them. Till then, happy eating!