We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
Pumpkin pies always make me nostalgic. My mother used to bake me a delicious pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving. One day I thought to give it a try myself and tried Paula Deen’s recipe. It was so delicious, I even made it for my parents. My mother loved it too.
To make Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie, bake the pie crust for sometime. Then, mix pumpkin, sugar, salt, egg yolk, eggs, half-and-half, butter, vanilla extract, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. Fill it in the pie crust and bake. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Come let’s see Paula Deen’s complete pumpkin Pie Recipe works. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Christian Petroni Polenta– The polenta is one of Christian Petroni’s signature dishes and is quite famous in his restaurants. It is a simple dish made of soft polenta that serves as an excellent base for sauces.
2. Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake– This recipe is a great cake if you want to try a different cake recipe. It is spongey, fluffy sweet and packs a sour punch. It is quite easy to make too.
3. Paula Deen’s Pot Roast– Pot roast is a great dish to make for a hearty lunch. It is fairly a simple recipe too. The magic happens when the seasoning meets the roast. One of such best recipes is Paula Deen’s pot roast recipe.
4. Paula Deen’s Taco Soup– Do you know, soups are classified into two groups; clear and thick soups. From the clear category, my favorite soup is the taco soup. Taco soup from non other than the famous chef personality Paula Deen.
Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pie Pan
- 8 ounces Softened Package Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Canned Pumpkin
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Piece Pre-Made Pie Dough
- 1 Box Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a pie pan, place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough and press along the bottom and all sides.
- To make the pretty pattern pinch and crimp the edges together and after that put it back into the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
- To cover the inside of the shell, fit a piece of aluminum foil in it. Fill the shell up to with pie weights or dried beans (about 2) and put it inside the oven.
- Bake it for 10 minutes, bring the pie weights and foil out and again put the shell in oven and bake it for 10 minutes or until the crust looks dry and starts showing the color.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer, in a large mixing bowl. Also, add pumpkin, beat until combined.
- In the mixture, add the sugar and salt, and again beat it until combined and add the eggs mixed with yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter and again beat to mix all the ingredients.
- For added flavors, add vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger and beat it for the last time.
- In a warm prepared pie crust, pour the filling and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. On the wire rack place the pie and cool to room temperature.
- Cut the pie into slices and top it with whipped cream.
This was it about the recipe. Tell me in the comments about your experience. Also, leave your suggestions and queries in the comments. I’ll make sure to answer them. Till then, happy eating!