Once you look at these Paula Deen pumpkin bars recipe, you will be ready to dive right in. It is a canned pumpkin recipe layered with cream cheese frosting.
You can enjoy it as your morning bread or as a dessert dose. There are many scrumptious ways to enjoy this recipe. Have a look at the recipe.
To bake this, start with making a pumpkin mixture. Then combine dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
Combine the two mixtures in the bowl. The batter is ready. Bake in the oven for thirty minutes and get your beloved pumpkin bars.
When it comes to baking, I know we all need a few tips to get things right. Here are a few. Use softened butter to make the frosting.
If you use melted butter, the frosting will collapse into a soggy mess. Secondly, make sure there are no lumps when mixing the batter.
A single-layer dessert with creamy frosting is ready in less than an hour.
A slice of pumpkin bars and a hot cup of coffee – sounds great! Let’s make something delicious today! For that, quickly refer to the recipe steps and get your equipment ready. Check out other Paula Deen recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Banana Bread
- Paula Deen Fried Green Tomatoes
- Paula Deen Pineapple-Up Side Down Cake
- Paula Deen Corn Salad
- Paula Deen Coconut Cake
- Paula Deen Potato Salad
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
- Paula Deen Grape Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars?
- Oven – Use the oven to bake the pumpkin bars.
- Baking Pan – Grease the baking pan with butter and then pour the batter into it.
- Electric Mixer – Beat the pumpkin mixture along with dry ingredients using an electric mixer.
- Spatula – Spatula helps you to combine the ingredients in the bowl.
- Bowl – Make pumpkin mixture by combining the ingredients in the bowl.
- Knife – Cut pumpkin bars with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars?
- Pumpkin – Use canned pumpkin to make tasty pumpkin bars.
- Oil – Oil adds a shiny glaze to the pumpkin batter.
- Eggs – Eggs give a proper structure to the pumpkin bars.
- Cream Cheese – Make a nice frosting with cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract – Stir in vanilla extract to make the frosting.
- All-Purpose Flour – You need all-purpose flour to make bars as it’s the key ingredient.
- Granulated Sugar – Add sweetness to the bars by adding granulated sugar.
- Baking Powder – Use two teaspoons of baking powder to increase the volume of the bars and lighten the texture.
- Baking Soda – Baking powder makes your pumpkin bars fluffy and moist.
- Confectioner’s Sugar – Some confectioner’s sugar adds sweetness to the frosting.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon adds a nice aroma to pumpkin bars.
- Salt – Some salt to balance out the flavors of pumpkin bars.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars
1. Pumpkin Mixture
In a large bowl, combine four beaten eggs, sugar, one cup of oil, and one can of pumpkin. Beat everything with an electric mixer for two minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and beat for another fifteen seconds. Keep it aside.
2. Dry Mixture
In another separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
3. Combine Ingredients And Bake
Now add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Beat at a low speed using an electric mixer. Make sure you beat it well to get a smooth texture.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the 9*13 inch baking dish with butter.
Pour the batter into the greased pan. Bake for thirty minutes. Pass it with toothpick testing. You know the drill. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s baked.
4. Cut Bars
Once baked, remove the pan from the oven. Let it cool. Then cut the whole loaf into bars. Keep it aside. Now move forward with making the icing for the top.
5. Make Icing
Combine butter and cream cheese together. Beat with an electric mixer for two minutes. Then add the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well. Spread the icing on the pumpkin bars. Enjoy!
How Will Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen pumpkin bars are fluffy and moist. Every bite of the pumpkin bar contains spicy cinnamon, creamy frosting, and moist pumpkin.
Canned pumpkin gives these pretty bars an orange hue and fall flavor. They are the perfect cross between cakes and brownies.
Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- Baking Pan
- Electric Mixer
- 15 oz Pumpkin
- 1 cup Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1⅔ cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in the bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for two minutes.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Beat well for thirty seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the baking pan with butter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for thirty minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven. Cut the loaf into the bars.
- For the icing, combine butter with cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Then stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Beat again for two minutes.
- Spread on the pumpkin bars.
- Paula Deen pumpkin bars are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have to refrigerate the pumpkin bars?
Yes! If you have leftover pumpkin bars, you can always refrigerate them. They will stay fresh for upto four days in the refrigerator. After that, they will become dry. So, consume it in less than three days.
Is the pumpkin puree the same as the canned pumpkin?
Yes! Pumpkin puree and canned pumpkin are the same things. The only difference is pumpkin puree is fresh and cannot be stored for a longer time. Whereas canned pumpkin is a packaged food that can be stored for upto six months in the refrigerator.
What do you use to garnish pumpkin bars?
For pumpkin bars, use cream cheese frosting. This will give them an attractive look and also be quite tasty while eating.
How do you eat canned pumpkin?
You can use canned pumpkin to make various recipes like yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, etc.
How many calories are there in one pumpkin bar?
One pumpkin bar contains approximately 90 calories.
Light and airy pumpkin bars fluffed up and topped with cream cheese frosting. Make them the day before and refrigerate them. Whip up these classic bars to enjoy the dessert day at home with your loved ones.