Paula Deen pineapple casserole recipe is a food paradise with a surprising mix of ingredients. It has cheddar cheese, canned pineapple, and buttery crackers crumbs.
Isn’t that amazing? Also, the result is a sweet and savory dream and the texture is mind-boggling. Have a look at the recipe.
First, make the pineapple mixture by combining drained pineapple chunks, flour, sugar, and cheddar cheese. Then prepare the crumb with buttery cookie crumbs combined with melted butter and reserved pineapple juice.
Layer the pineapple mixture in the casserole and top with crumbs. Bake for some time. The dish is prepared in less than an hour.
For an ooey gooey buttery texture, add cheddar cheese to the pineapple casserole. Paula Deen suggests adding cheese will give it a cheesy edge.
Moreover, the cookie crumb over the top of the pineapple mixture just sets it right. It adds a flakey texture.
Pineapple casserole is unbelievably easy to make with few ingredients. So, are you ready to serve this to your loved ones? If yes, follow the recipe steps to get the best outcome. Check out Paul Deen recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Banana Bread
- Paula Deen Fried Green Tomatoes
- Paula Deen Pineapple-Up Side Down Cake
- Paula Deen Corn Salad
- Paula Deen Coconut Cake
- Paula Deen Potato Salad
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
- Paula Deen Grape Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole?
- Oven – Bake the pineapple casserole in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bowl – Stir together all pineapple casserole ingredients in the large bowl.
- Casserole Dish – Pour the pineapple mixture into the casserole dish along with the topped crumbs.
- Spatula – Use a rubber spatula to give a good mix to the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole?
- Pineapple – Use drained pineapple chunks for the recipe.
- Butter – Make a buttery cracker crumb mixture with melted butter.
- Cheddar Cheese – Add grated cheddar cheese to make the pineapple mixture.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use all-purpose flour for the cakey texture of the casserole dish.
- Sugar – Some sugar to add sweetness.
- Crackers Crumb – Top the casserole with crackers crumb for a flakey texture.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole
1. Prepare Pineapple Mixture
Take a large bowl. Combine all-purpose flour and sugar together. Then stir in grated cheddar cheese. Mix well.
Now drain the pineapple chunks from the can and add them to the mixture.
2. Make The Crumb
To make the crumb for the top, combine buttery crackers crumb, melted butter, and reserved pineapple water we just drained.
3. Bake And Serve
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the casserole dish with butter. Pour the pineapple mixture into the casserole. Then spread over the crumb we just prepared using a rubber spatula.
Bake for thirty minutes until you see it golden brown. The pineapple casserole is ready. Serve on the plates and enjoy.
How Will Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen pineapple casserole is a fancy dessert. It’s a combo of sweet and tangy pineapple chunks with a cheesy flavor.
The cookie crumb on the top adds a unique flakey texture that impresses even the choosiest connoisseur. It is a light golden brown delicacy with a sweet, salty, and cheesy flavor combo.
Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole Recipe
- Casserole Dish
- 2 cans Pineapple (drained)
- 8 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 6 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Crackers Crumb
- In the large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Add drained pineapple chunks to the same bowl.
- Now prepare the crumb. For that, combine buttery crackers crumb, melted butter, and reserved pineapple water we just drained in a separate bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into the casserole dish.
- Top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for thirty minutes.
- Paula Deen pineapple casserole is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a pineapple casserole?
Pineapple casserole is a kind of French dessert. It is made with fresh pineapples, flour, cheese, sugar, and a crumb mixture. It’s usually baked in the oven and gives you a soft interior and crunchy exterior.
What to serve along with pineapple casserole?
You can serve the chocolate sauce, dips, oranges, yogurt, and meat dishes along with pineapple casserole.
What kind of cheese is used in pineapple casserole?
Pineapple casserole uses cheddar cheese. It gives a nice cheesy and buttery taste to the casserole.
What’s the best way to drain crushed pineapple?
Use a wooden spoon to press the juice out of the pineapple. Then cover the pineapples in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
What flavors go best with pineapple casserole?
Try caramel, chile pepper, cinnamon, raspberry, orange, strawberry, and also tamarind as the best flavor to pair with pineapple casserole.
You can call pineapple casserole a dessert or side dish. However, in my opinion, it is a true side dish delight with a mix of sharp cheese. The play of sweetness of the pineapple and buttery crumb on the top makes it a unique treat. Give yourself one today!