Have you seen a baked masterpiece before? If not, you will be surprised with this Paula Deen ooey gooey butter cake recipe. It is an irresistible cake with lots of softness. I guess you should try it!
Grab the butter, cake mix, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and salt. Bake for a good one hour. All these ingredients will make the most delicious and soft cake you have ever experienced!
Because the cake texture is so soft, you won’t be able to run the toothpick test. So, after baking the cake for an hour, you will see the top crust browned. Moreover, use softened cream cheese to add to the cake batter. It will make the batter smooth and lump-free.
This cake is simple to make with minimal ingredients, yet so foolproof! Get your apron and start your baking journey. Get the recipe steps and equipment list below. You can also check out other Paula Deen recipes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken Salad
- Paula Deen Monster Cookies
- Spicy Paula Deen Chili
- Paula Deen Lasagna
- Paula Deen Cream Corn
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie
- Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
- Paula Deen Prime Rib
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake?
- Oven – Bake only gooey butter cake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bowl – A nice glass bowl to combine all the cake ingredients.
- Baking Dish – Spread layers of cake mixture and batter on the baking dish.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to spread the cake mixture in the baking dish.
- Electric Mixer – Beat cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake?
- Yellow Cake Mix – Take yellow cake mix to prepare the cake faster and make it taste better.
- Butter – As the name implies as butter cake, butter is an important ingredient. Use unsalted butter.
- Eggs – Eggs add structure to the cake and give it a good texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Add a drop of vanilla extract to flavor the cake.
- Cream Cheese – For a moist cake, cream cheese is essential.
- Powdered Sugar – Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the cake for decoration.
- Salt – Balance the cake taste with good quality salt.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
1. Prepare Cake Mixture
To make butter cake, mix yellow cake with butter in the bowl. Use an electric mixer to mix it well. Take a nine-inch baking dish and grease it with butter.
Place the cake mixture into the baking dish pressing down with a spatula.
2. Make Cake Batter
In a bowl, add cream cheese and beat well until smooth with an electric mixer. Now add eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl with some butter. Mix well.
At last, add powdered sugar to add sweetness. Combine well. Now spread the batter over the butter mixture layer.
3. Bake And Serve
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the cake for one hour in the oven. Ensure you don’t overbake; otherwise, your cake will not be ooey and gooey enough.
Once baked, remove from the oven. Cut into slices and enjoy.
How Will Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen butter cake is ooey gooey, as the name suggests. It’s very soft in texture, and the crust is slightly crispy, making the cake taste heavenly. Butter makes the cake moist and quite flavorful.
Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 16 oz Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 16 oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine yellow cake mix along with melted butter in the bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat well.
- Add the cake mixture to the greased baking pan and spread evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and eggs. Stir in a drop of vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer for two minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar. Mix well. The batter is ready.
- Spread the batter into the same greased pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cake for an hour.
- Paula Deen ooey gooey butter cake is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does butter cake need to be refrigerated?
No! Store this cake batter at room temperature in an air-tight container.
How many calories are there in a slice of butter cake?
One slice of butter cake contains 350 calories.
Are butter cake and pound cake the same?
Both cakes call out for almost similar ingredients. But their texture and way of preparation are different. Therefore, these two cakes are not the same.
What variations can you bring to make butter cake?
You can call out for variations in the flavors. For example, use lemon or chocolate to add to the cake batter to bring some fantastic flavors.
Can you use salted butter?
You can use salted butter. In that case, remove salt from the ingredient list and only use salted butter.
If you’re looking for a butter cake recipe, you’ve landed in the right place! I will show you how easy it is to make this classic dessert. The butter cake is one of the most decadent cakes you can make. It’s time to bake!