Paula Deen’s lemon sour cream pound cake is a great cake if you want to try some classic desserts. It is spongey, fluffy sweet and packs a sour punch. It is quite easy to make too. Let’s see how.
If you know Paula Deen, then you know that she makes delicious desserts and cakes. One such recipe is her lemon sour cream pound cake recipe. With lemon and sour cream, it packs a sour punch while balancing it with sugar.
To make Paula Deen’s lemon sour cream, Take a bowl and add some flour, baking soda, and salt it and mix it well. In another bowl, mix butter, sugar, lemon extract and mix. Combine the flour and sour cream with this mixture. Pour in a baking pan and bake for 1 hour. Then, serve with tea.
So let’s start this recipe and to begin with, the initial stage is to get the ingredients. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie – We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
2. Alton Brown’s Gold Cake – Alton Brown’s gold cake is a delicious and fluffy vanilla cake that is just supreme. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients, but the ones needed for a regular cake. It has a rich yellowish golden color. You can make it in less than an hour.
3. Janice Feuer Haugen’s Chocolate Decadence – If you love chocolate desserts, then Janice Feuer Haugen’s recipe of Chocolate Decadence is a fantastic recipe to try. It is made with smooth chocolate, which is baked to perfection and topped with candied orange peel.
4. James Beard’s Famous Chocolate Mousse – James Beard’s chocolate mousse is a rich, dairy-free and smooth dessert. This chocolate mousse is a combination of rich chocolate and dark coffee. It is equal parts chocolaty and heavenly.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake?
- Cooking Spray – Spray cooking oil to the pan for preparing the crumbly sour cream pound cake.
- Bowls – Mix all the elements to prepare the batter in a bowl. Take two bowls to mix the butter and flour mixture separately.
- Whisk – Combine all the elements with a whisk to form frothy and crumbly texture.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 hour||1 hour 10 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake?
- All Purpose Flour – Prepare the batter of the pound cake with all-purpose flour.
- Baking Soda – Half a teaspoon of baking soda will help in raising the level of the pound cake.
- Salt – A pinch of salt will help in speedy raising
- Butter – Adding butter to the pound cake will enhance the texture of the pound cake.
- Granulated Sugar – For crumbly texture of the cake add some granulated sugar.
- Lemon – Squeeze half lemon to the batter for tart and zesty flavors.
- Eggs – Eggs acts as a binding agent added to the cake batter.
- Lemon Zest – Lemon zest will bring out some fragrant flavors to the pound cake.
- Sour Cream – Adding sour cream to the cake mix will keep the cake batter moist.
- Powdered Sugar – For sweetness add powdered sugar to the cake mix as per your taste.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time.
2. Baking Time
Add the vanilla extract and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove the pan when the sour cream pound cake is ready to chow. Drizzle a teaspoon of sour cream on the top to garnish the pound cake. Enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen sour cream pound cake is a soft and decadent cake that will live up to your expectation. It has sweet and delicate flavors with crumbly texture. Moreover, it is a classic dessert that lends itself to many other variations. Make this cake more irresistible by sprinkling some powdered sugar on the top.
Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Lemon zest
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- First, set your oven to a temperature of 350 F.
- Apply some cooking spray to a 10-inch tube pan.
- Take a bowl and add some flour, baking soda, and salt in it and mix it well.
- In another bowl, add some butter until it turns fluffy and light in texture.
- Add granulated sugar and lemon extract into this mixture and whisk it properly.
- Now, add some eggs, one at a time and beat them well. Also, add lemon rind and some lemon juice and whisk it properly.
- Now, add this sugar mixture into the flour and add some sour cream as well. Keep beating this mixture at a relatively low speed until the mixture is done completely.
- Add this batter into the cake pans and bake it for around 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Keep a check on the oven and if needed, insert a wooden pick at the center of the cake and wit until it pops out.
- After the cake is ready, let it cool on the cooling rack. And meanwhile, mix some lemon juice with powdered sugar and drizzle it over the top of the cake.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is sour cream necessary for cake?
Sour cream is one of the necessary element added to the pound cake. It makes the cake moisture and richer.
What makes a pound cake gooey in the middle?
The butter and sugar were creamed too fast because if which the cake rises, and then collapses while cooling. It further cause the cake to have dense, gummy (or gluey) spots.
Can sour cream be frozen for later use?
Yes, the sour cream can be frozen and used later for the recipes.
What makes the cake moist and fluffy?
Most cakes begin with creaming butter and sugar together. Butter is capable of holding air and the creaming process is when butter traps that air. While baking, that trapped air expands and produces a fluffy cake
So what do you think about this recipe? Tell me if you know something more about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe and let us know your queries and experiences as well, in the comments section below.