The word cake is the best way to bring a smile on everyone’s face. One can enjoy this delicious recipe without thinking twice. That soft, fluffy and creamy texture of the cake is what makes it the best dessert in the world.
Cakes are of various shapes, designs and flavour but one thing that remains constant every time is our love for it. And yes, the taste is the primary factor which makes it the best. But no matter what, we always get attracted towards that lovely and beautiful cake when you are about to have it on your plate. So, today we are about to make such a cake and I am sure you will love it. This is a very famous recipe and has a unique taste.
The recipe that we are going to make is Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake. Yes, this recipe sounds a little different and I know you guys will be quite surprised to know that this cake tastes sweet and sour at the same time. So what say? Are you guys ready to make this recipe at home? Buckle up and let’s start this journey to have the best cake on your plate in no time.
So let’s start this recipe and to begin with, the initial stage is to get the ingredients. Here are the ingredients listed in the table below that you will need to make this recipe at home.
Ingredients for Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
|All Purpose Flour||3 ¼ cup|
|Baking Soda||½ tsp|
|Granulated Sugar||2 ½ cup|
|Lemon Extract||2 tsp|
|Large Eggs||3 pc|
|Lemon Rind||1 ½ tsp|
|Lemon Juice||¼ cup|
|Sour Cream||8 oz|
|Powdered Sugar||1 cup|
The list of ingredients is now available and you can grab them quickly from any supermarket or grocery store near you. It will not take much of your time to complete this recipe. To help you with the correct timings, here are the exact time details that you should know.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||60 minutes||1 hour 10 minutes|
Now let’s move towards the most exciting and essential part of this recipe without which this recipe is incomplete. Yes! I am talking about the cooking procedure. So without wasting any time, let’s start making it.
Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- First set your oven to a temperature range of 350 degrees.
- Apply some cooking spray to a 10-inch tube pan and also dust it with some breadcrumbs.
- Take a bowl and add some flour, baking soda, and salt in it and mix it well.
- In another bowl add some butter until it turns fluffy and light in texture.
- Add granulated sugar and lemon extract into this mixture and whisk it properly.
- Now add some eggs, one at a time and beat them well. Also, add lemon rind and some lemon juice and whisk it properly.
- Now add this sugar mixture into the flour and add some sour cream as well. Keep beating this mixture at a relatively low speed until the mixture is done completely.
- Add this batter into the cake pans and bake it for around 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Keep a check on the oven and if needed, insert a wooden pick at the center of the cake and wit until it pops out.
- After the cake is ready, let it cool on the cooling rack. And meanwhile, mix some lemon juice with powdered sugar and drizzle it over the top of the cake.
Nutritional Breakdown of this Lemon Sour Pound Cake by Paula Deen
The nutritional values of any recipe are essential and matter a lot for those who are conscious and curious about their diets. So to help you guys, we have the complete nutritional breakdown of this recipe done in the table below.
How to Make Lemon Sour Pound Cake at Home | Video
To check the 100% original recipe by Paula Deen herself, check out the video that I’ve mentioned below.
So what do you think about this recipe? Tell me if you know something more about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe with your friends and let us know their reviews and experiences as well, in the comments section below.