Paula Deen’s lemon sour cream pound cake is a great cake if you want to try a different cake recipe. It is spongey, fluffy sweet and packs a sour punch. It is quite easy to make too.
If you know Paula Deen, then you know that she makes delicious desserts and cakes. One such recipe is her lemon sour cream pound cake recipe. With lemon and sour cream, it packs a sour punch while balancing it with sugar.
To make Paula Deen’s lemon sour cream, Take a bowl and add some flour, baking soda, and salt it and mix it well. In another bowl, mix butter, sugar, lemon extract and mix. Combine the flour and sour cream with this mixture. Pour in a baking pan and bake for 1 hour. Then, serve with tea.
So let’s start this recipe and to begin with, the initial stage is to get the ingredients. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie– We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
2. Alton Brown’s Gold Cake– Alton Brown’s gold cake is a delicious and fluffy vanilla cake that is just supreme. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients, but the ones needed for a regular cake. It has a rich yellowish golden color. You can make it in less than an hour.
3. Janice Feuer Haugen’s Chocolate Decadence– If you love chocolate desserts, then Janice Feuer Haugen’s recipe of Chocolate Decadence is a fantastic recipe to try. It is made with smooth chocolate, which is baked to perfection and topped with candied orange peel.
4. James Beard’s Famous Chocolate Mousse– James Beard’s chocolate mousse is a rich, dairy-free and smooth dessert. This chocolate mousse is a combination of rich chocolate and dark coffee. It is equal parts chocolaty and heavenly.
Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- Cooking Spray
- 3 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Lemon Rind
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- First, set your oven to a temperature of 350 F.
- Apply some cooking spray to a 10-inch tube pan.
- Take a bowl and add some flour, baking soda, and salt in it and mix it well.
- In another bowl, add some butter until it turns fluffy and light in texture.
- Add granulated sugar and lemon extract into this mixture and whisk it properly.
- Now, add some eggs, one at a time and beat them well. Also, add lemon rind and some lemon juice and whisk it properly.
- Now, add this sugar mixture into the flour and add some sour cream as well. Keep beating this mixture at a relatively low speed until the mixture is done completely.
- Add this batter into the cake pans and bake it for around 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Keep a check on the oven and if needed, insert a wooden pick at the center of the cake and wit until it pops out.
- After the cake is ready, let it cool on the cooling rack. And meanwhile, mix some lemon juice with powdered sugar and drizzle it over the top of the cake.
So what do you think about this recipe? Tell me if you know something more about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe and let us know your queries and experiences as well, in the comments section below.