Paula Deen heart attack burger is made with two burger patties, bacon, cheese, and an egg. If you want to indulge in a Paula Deen-style burger, then this recipe is just for you.
Start by placing one doughnut and top it with one burger patties, egg, and strips of bacon. Top the entire thing with another doughnut, sit back and go for it.
Make sure the beef is 80/20 ground chuck. It is important as you want your burger to be juicy and flavorful, but you also don’t want it to be too greasy.
Load up the burgers with all your favorite toppings. Just like Julia Child we added bacon, cheese, avocado, tomato, and onions.
This post will show you how to make Paula Deen heart attack burger from scratch. But fair warning – it’s not for the faint of heart! Scroll down to learn more about the recipe and the necessary equipment and ingredients.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make a Paula Deen Heart Attack Burger?
- Skillet – You will need a skillet to cook doughnuts and beef balls until they are crisp and brown.
- Frying Pan – Fry an egg until the egg whites are cooked, and the yolks are runny. Fried bacon patties will create a nice crust on the outside keeping nice and juicy inside.
- Knife – Slice the cheese into thin pieces so that it will melt quickly when added to the burger.
- Chopping Board – Chop the doughnuts and cheese to slice on a chopping board to avoid mess.
- Spatula – Smash the beef balls into the patties so the burger doesn’t fall apart.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Heart Attack Burger?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Heart Attack Burger?
- Bacon – Bacon strips will give the burgers a smoky flavor and add juiciness.
- Doughnut – I have used Krispy Kreme doughnuts as they are incredibly soft and buttery, and the glaze of the doughnuts will add sweetness to the dish.
- Beef – I have made the balls from ground chuck for a super flavorful, juicy burger.
- American Cheese – I like to use American cheese because it melts well, but you can use whatever type of cheese you prefer.
- Salt – Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the beef balls to enhance their flavor.
- Black Pepper – Season the beef ball with black pepper to make it bolder.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Heart Attack Burger
1. Preparation Time
To make the burger patties, you’ll need to carefully slice the doughnut in half so as not to crush or remove any exterior glazes.
For the bacon, fry it in a frying pan. Lay the bacon strips in the frying pan for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon, drain and reserve some of the bacon grease from the skillet.
2. Cooking Of The Burger Patties
To cook the patties, you’ll need to heat some oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced doughnuts to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, form the shape of balls from the beef and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
After shaping the beef balls, cook until they are crispy and golden brown for about 3 to 5 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat. Flip the beef ball and smash slowly.
3. Assembling Of The Burger
While the beef is cooking, you can prepare the cheese and egg toppings. Slice the cheese into thin pieces to melt quickly when added to the burger. Put the cheese slice on the smashed beef and cook until it melts.
For the egg, fry it in oil in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked and the yolk is runny.
Once all of your toppings are prepared, it’s time to assemble the burger. Start by placing a doughnut slice, put beef, then add a slice of cheese, 2-3 strips of bacon, and top with the other half of the doughnut.
|Vitamin A||260 iu|
|Vitamin C||2.6 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Heart Attack Burger Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen heart attack burger is a decadent, messy, and delicious smash burger made famous with the help of BBQ burgers, some bacon and a Krispy Kreme doughnut. It’s a calorie bomb but well worth trying at least once.
Paula Deen Heart Attack Burger Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1 Glazed Doughnut
- ⅓ pound Ground Beef
- 2 slices American Cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Carefully slice the doughnut in half to not crush or remove any exterior glazes.
- Fry bacon strips in the frying pan for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon, drain and reserve some of the bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add the sliced doughnuts to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Shape the beef into a ball and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Cook until they are crispy and golden brown for about 3 to 5 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat. Flip the beef ball and smash slowly.
- Prepare the cheese and egg toppings while the beef is cooking. Slice the cheese into thin pieces to melt quickly when added to the burger.
- For the egg, fry it until the egg white is cooked and the yolk is still runny.
- Start by placing a doughnut slice, put smashed beef with melted cheese, 2-3 strips of bacon, and top with the other half of the doughnut.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should you cook the bacon before adding it to the doughnut?
It is recommended to cook the bacon patties until they’re cooked through. Crumble it, then mix it with the ground beef if you make medium-rare burgers.
What do you call a burger with a doughnut bun?
A Luther Burger, or doughnut burger, is a hamburger or cheeseburger made of glazed doughnuts in place of the burger bun.
Why is it called a Luther Burger?
R&B singer Luther Vandross created the doughnut hamburger, or Luther Burger served on a Krispy Kreme doughnut bun in 2005. Paula Deen credited her imagination for the hamburger doughnut.
What is heart attack burger made of?
The heart attack burger is prepared with doughnuts, eggs, beef patties, cheese, and seasoning.
And there you have it! A delicious, heart-stopping Paula Deen heart attack burger that’s sure to please. Just don’t eat it every day. It’s easy to make and can be tailored as per your tastes.