One of our favorite celebrity chefs, Paula Deen, has a delicious recipe for a grape salad that is perfect for any gathering. Paula Deen grape salad recipe dish is simple to make and can be tailored to your tastes. You’ll learn the recipe in a jiffy.
Start by mixing softened cream, sour cream, and sugar in a bowl. Add the chopped grapes and pecans. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Topped with a few extra grapes and sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining chopped pecans.
Now that you know about Paula Deen famous grape salad, it’s time to customize it. You can add some fried and crumbled bacon for enhanced and crispier flavor. Besides, I recommend using a variety of grapes, which will give your salad a more colorful and exciting presentation.
Below is the set of instructions for this creamy pasta salad. You can easily prepare Paula Deen grape salad with this guide. Let’s start and see how easy and enjoyable it can be! Check out other Paula Deen recipes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Banana Bread
- Paula Deen Fried Green Tomatoes
- Paula Deen Pineapple-Up Side Down Cake
- Paula Deen Corn Salad
- Paula Deen Coconut Cake
- Paula Deen Potato Salad
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
- Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Grape Salad?
- Mixing Bowl – Mix the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined to make a creamy dressing.
- Electric mixer – Combine the cream mixture in an electric mixer until it has small lumps.
- Plastic Wrap – Cover the creamy salad with plastic cling wrap and place it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Knife – Cut the grapes with the help of a sharp knife into half for the creamy dressing.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the grapes and pecans before chopping them.
- Spatula – You will need a spatula to toss creamy dressing with the chopped grapes until well coated.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Grape Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Freezing Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Grape Salad?
- Grapes – Use red and green grapes and cut them in half so the colors will show up nicely.
- Cheddar Cheese – You’ll also need some creamy dressing, and I have used sharp cheddar cheese. You can also use either Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – Prefer full-fat and melted cream cheese to avoid lumps in your dressing.
- Sour Cream – Fresh sour cream has a soft texture and tangy taste. For those who don’t like sour cream, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or vanilla yogurt for a healthier option.
- Sugar – Add more sugar to the dressing if the grapes are sour, making your salad dressings pop.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar will give a deep, caramel, or toffee-like flavor due to the added molasses.
- Pecans – Add chopped pecans to the salad before chilling, and put the remaining and sprinkle them on top of the salad right before serving.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Grape Salad
1. Start With Chopping
Take two kilograms of red and green grapes and rinse them in fresh water. Once you’ve rinsed the grapes, dry them with a towel, which will help stick the dressing to the grapes. Now chop them into halves and keep them aside.
Now chop two cups of pecans to add to the dressing and toppings.
2. Make The Creamy Salad Dressing
Beat the melted cream cheese and sour cream together in the jar of an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, ensuring no lumps. Add granulated sugar and beat until combined.
To melt the cream cheese, leave it at room temperature, let the sour cream melt, and sit out for about 30 minutes, eliminating any lumps in the dressing.
3. Assembling The Paulo Deen Grape Salad
Now add rinsed and dried grapes with half of the chopped pecans. Toss them into the creamy dressing. Cover the creamy salad with plastic cling wrap and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or you can leave it overnight.
Top your grape salad with the brown sugar and the remaining chopped pecans before serving.
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Vitamin A||473 IU|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Grape Salad Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen creamy and gooey grape salad is a sweet and sour combination of bright green and red grapes frosted in silky smooth sour cream and topped with crunchy pecans. Just imagine crisp grapes with a tint of sweet taste and a crunchy, smooth texture in every bite.
Paula Deen Grape Salad Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Plastic Wrap
- Chopping Board
- 2 Kgs Red and Green Seedless Grapes
- 8 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Chop rinsed red and green grapes into halves and kept them aside.
- Now chop two cups of pecans to add to the dressing and toppings.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with sour cream until smooth and creamy, ensuring no lumps with an electric mixer.
- Add in the granulated sugar and beat until combined.
- Add rinsed and dried grapes with half of the chopped pecans.
- Toss them into the creamy dressing. Cover the salad with plastic cling wrap and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Top the salad with brown sugar and the remaining chopped pecans before serving.
Paulo Deen Grape Salad is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a taste of America. You need some grapes, cheese, sour cream, and pecans, and you’re good to go. Be sure to comment on your experience if you try this recipe out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques 1: What to serve with grape salad?
Grape salad is the perfect side dish for your next cookout. It’s easy to make and goes great with grilled chicken or burgers.
You will need a few pounds of green grapes, red grapes, a cup of sour cream, a cup of mayo, a tablespoon of sugar, and a tablespoon of poppy seeds.
Ques 2: How to store grape salad?
This recipe makes a lot, so you’ll want to have some way to keep it fresh.
The best way to store grape salad is to put it in the fridge in an airtight container, which should last about four days. If you want to freeze it, make sure you do it in small batches so it doesn’t get freezer burn.
Ques 3: Can you cut grapes in half?
Yes! That is a great idea and best for little ones, and this will prevent a choking hazard and make an easier bite for everyone.