Traditional Paula Deen goulash recipe is a vegetable and meat dish with a hint of spices. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal with rich and aromatic flavors. Get a signature taste of goulash following this easy-peasy recipe.
To make goulash, combine all the ingredients in the dutch oven. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, water, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, elbow macaroni, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salt—cover and cook for one hour. Get delicious goulash ready for dinner.
Apart from the main ingredients, feel free to add other veggies like zucchini, corn, beans, carrots, spinach, and mushrooms for exciting flavors and colors.
Moreover, adding cheese is a great idea for making goulash taste even better. Use grated cheddar cheese to enrich the goulash.
You will be shocked at how this rich goulash will be the best thing you have ever tasted! It’s healthy, aromatic, and infused with lots of flavors. Try this colorful goulash recipe following the simple recipe steps below.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti
- Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole
- Paula Deen Carrot Cakes
- Paula Deen Baked Beans
- Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup
- Paula Deen Salmon Patties
- Paula Deen Vegetable Soup
- Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie
- Paula Deen Cobbler
- Paula Deen Cheesecake
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Goulash?
- Dutch Oven – Prepare a delicious goulash in the dutch oven.
- Ladle – Use a ladle to combine the ingredients together.
- Knife – Cut off vegetables with a sharp knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Goulash?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Goulash?
- Ground Beef – Make this goulash recipe with ground beef.
- Water – Adding water will give the goulash a wonderful depth of flavor.
- Tomato Sauce – Tomato sauce gives a tangy and spicy flavor.
- Soy Sauce – Enrich the goulash with soy sauce.
- Macaroni – Take boiled elbow macaroni to combine in the goulash.
- Tomatoes – Add diced tomatoes to the goulash for a tangy kick.
- Garlic – Get a garlicky hint to the goulash with garlic.
- Onion – An onion lends a savory taste to the dish.
- House Seasoning – Use a Paula deen house seasoning to make goulash flavorful.
- Bay Leaves – Add bay leaves to give a tea-like aroma.
- Italian Seasoning – Season goulash with Italian seasoning for an earthy and piney flavor.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Goulash
1. Cook Beef
Heat oil in the dutch oven pot. After adding ground beef, cook for five to six minutes until all pink is gone.
Cook on a medium flame and keep stirring the meat with a spatula. The ground beef is sticky, so stir frequently without scorching the bottom.
2. Combine Ingredients
Add onion and garlic to the pot. Saute for five minutes until softened. Then add three cups of water along with tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, bay leaves, soy sauce, Paula Deen house seasoning, and salt. Mix well.
Cover the pot with the lid and let it cook for fifteen minutes.
3. Add Macaroni
Now remove the lid. Add boiled elbow macaroni pasta into the pot. Again, cover the lid and cook for another thirty minutes. Now turn off the heat and discard the bay leaves from the pot. Allow it to cool.
Goulash is ready. Serve it with soup or as a bread topping.
How Will Paula Deen Goulash Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen goulash is spicy and a tasteful indulgence. The aromatic taste comes from spices like bay leaves, Italian seasoning, and house seasoning. The reddish color of goulash gives you an instant spike with its spoonful of meat and broth. The consistency of the goulash is thick, like a stew.
Paula Deen Goulash Recipe
- Dutch Oven
- 2 Ibs Beef (ground)
- 3 cups Water
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Macaroni
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Heat oil in the dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in ground beef and cook until no pink for fifteen minutes.
- Now add onions and garlic and cook for five minutes.
- Add water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, Paula Deen house seasoning, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for twenty minutes.
- Then add boiled elbow macaroni pasta and cook for another thirty minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Paula Deen goulash is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is traditional goulash made of?
Traditional goulash is made of beef, onion, paprika, garlic, and many other added vegetables like carrots, potatoes, celery, and tomatoes.
What gives goulash its flavor?
Sweet paprika is usually added to goulash for a warm and distinctive color. Also, it adds a nice reddish color and gives spicy flavors.
Are there different types of goulash?
Yes! There are two types of goulash: American goulash and Hungarian goulash. Hungarian goulash is a thick soup with meat and vegetables that is highly seasoned. While the American goulash is light on its spice level and contains macaroni.
What should I serve with goulash?
You can serve cheesy pasta, sauteed vegetables, bread dumplings, salads, and chips as well.
What is the best cut of meat for goulash?
Beef chuck is a tender and succulent cut of meat for goulash. It contains more flavors and goes perfectly with soups and stews recipes.
Today let’s taste something popular and rich dish. Goulash is a traditional recipe with rich ingredients and flavors. It’s a stew made of veggies and meat tastes amazing.
Read the full recipe and get hooked on this nicely prepared dish. And, don’t forget to give recipe ratings.