This weekend, enjoy something savory and spicy. Oh yes! I am talking about fried chicken. Paula Deen fried chicken recipe is delicious and tempting.
It is prepared with dipped chicken in an egg mixture and then coated with flour. Stay with me to know the full recipe.
Paula Deen is quite particular about her chicken. She uses eggs, self-raising flour, water, hot red pepper sauce, and house seasoning to coat the chicken. She then deep-fries the chicken at a particular oil temperature.
Here are a few tips to make your chicken savory. Paula Deen uses special house seasoning prepared with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
She keeps the fried chicken simple and easy to make without extra ado. Moreover, use the best oil for deep-frying. By all means, use high-smoke temperature oil (upto 300 degrees), as it’s very important to make your cooking healthy.
Following Paula Deen’s fried chicken recipe, you will become a master of preparing fried chicken. All you need to do is note down the ingredients list, recipe steps, and equipment to use. Happy cooking! Check out other Paula Deen recipes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Banana Bread
- Paula Deen Fried Green Tomatoes
- Paula Deen Pineapple-Up Side Down Cake
- Paula Deen Corn Salad
- Paula Deen Coconut Cake
- Paula Deen Potato Salad
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
- Paula Deen Grape Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Fried Chicken?
- Bowl – Use a bowl to make the coating mixture for the chicken.
- Spoon – Combine ingredients in the bowl with a spoon.
- Deep Pot – Get a deep pot for deep-frying chicken.
- Ladle – Use a ladle to mix everything well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Fried Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Fried Chicken?
- Chicken – Use two-and-a-half-pound chicken and enjoy the deep-fried chicken on weekends.
- Eggs – Take four beaten eggs for coating the chicken.
- Oil – Choose vegetable or peanut oil for deep-frying chicken.
- Hot Red Pepper Sauce – Hot red pepper sauce will give a spicy flavor to the chicken and dark orange color.
- Water – Mix water with eggs to coat the chicken.
- Self-Raising Flour – Self-raising flour contains baking powder, which makes chicken crispier.
- Pepper – Use pepper to make the chicken spicy and flavorful.
- House Seasoning – Paula Deen house seasoning is perfect to season your chicken.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Fried Chicken
1. Prepare Egg Mixture
Take a medium bowl. Combine four beaten eggs with ⅓ cup water. Stir in hot red pepper sauce to the bowl and mix well. You will get an orange-colored mixture.
2. Prepare Flour Mixture
Combine self-raising flour and pepper in another bowl. Season with Paula Deen house seasoning.
3. Coat The Chicken
Dip chicken into the egg mixture and then dip in the flour mixture. Coat well.
Heat oil in the deep pot at 300 degrees. Fill half of the pot with oil for proper frying. Now add chicken and fry them in batches for fifteen to twenty minutes.
Once you get dark golden brown fried chicken, remove it from the oil. Serve fried chicken with your favorite dips.
How Will Paula Deen Fried Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen fried chicken is medium spicy, tender, and crispy. The dark golden brown fried chicken is infused with hot pepper sauce flavors.
All in all, the easy recipe will bring out your quick fried chicken without compromising on the crispy crust.
Paula Deen Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2½ Ib Chicken
- 3 Eggs
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- 1 tablespoon Hot Red Pepper Sauce
- ⅓ cup Water
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- ¼ cup Pepper
- 1 cup House Seasoning
- Combine beaten eggs and water in a bowl. Stir in hot red pepper sauce for some spicy kick. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, Paula Deen house seasoning, and pepper.
- Dip chicken first in the egg mixture and then coat them in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in the deep pot and fill the pot half.
- Once the oil reaches 300-degree heat, deep-fry the chicken for fifteen minutes.
- Paula Deen fried chicken is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the secret to frying chicken?
There are a few tips for getting the best-fried chicken. Before coating the chicken, make sure you brine the chicken. This will make your chicken juicy and tender. Secondly, season the chicken with house seasoning and get the best taste.
How long should fry chicken cook?
Fry chicken for at least fifteen to twenty minutes to get nice golden brown chicken.
Why is fried chicken not crispy?
The crispiness of the chicken will depend on the oil temperature. Keep your oil temperature at 300 degrees while deep-frying chicken.
How do you fry chicken in five steps?
Step 1 – Soak the chicken in buttermilk.
Step 2 – Remove any excess moisture from your chicken.
Step 3 – Coat the chicken well.
Step 4 – Let it rest for some time.
Step 5 – Then deep-fry.
What is the best oil for frying chicken?
You can use vegetable oil, peanut oil, canola oil, and even coconut oil for frying the chicken.
How about relishing some crispy and juicy fried chicken? Making Paula Deen-style fried chicken is fun. It’s one of the easiest recipes you can make at home for your friends and family.
This lip-smacking fried chicken is seasoned with amazing flavors and gives you an oh-so-good experience at every point.