It’s time to treat yourself after working hard all day preparing for festivals. So, how about making Paula Deen French toast casserole recipe this weekend? A great option to brighten up your mornings!
Let’s see how you can make this one. Arrange bread slices into the casserole along with custard. Refrigerate overnight. The next day, prepare praline and raspberry syrup for an exciting topping.
Spread the praline and pop the casserole in the oven. Hurray! Enjoy this delectable dessert now.
If I give you some tips today, you will make a stunning French toast casserole. Preparing dessert always comes with a fancy presentation. How about slicing your toast diagonally? Try this style.
You can also add chocolate chips to make an exciting topping. Or top the bread slices with cream cheese for a cheesecake flavor. And don’t skip the fresh berries topping. This will make this French toast a beautiful poem.
I can’t think of one good thing about this recipe! Everything works together to make this casserole vouch for its beauty and taste. Don’t wait anymore! Here are the recipe instructions and equipment list – bake it!
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken Salad
- Paula Deen Monster Cookies
- Spicy Paula Deen Chili
- Paula Deen Lasagna
- Paula Deen Cream Corn
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie
- Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
- Paula Deen Prime Rib
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen French Toast Casserole?
- Oven – Bake amazing French toast casserole in the oven.
- Casserole – Line up French toast slices into the casserole, according to the recipe.
- Bowl – Make praline and raspberry syrup in the bowl.
- Spatula – A good spatula to mix ingredients nicely.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen French Toast Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||8 Hours||40 Minutes||9 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen French Toast Casserole?
- Loaf Of French Bread – Use a fresh French bread loaf and cut it into twenty slices.
- Eggs – Eggs add fat and richness to the French toast casserole.
- Half And Half – Use half and half to make the creamy custard.
- Milk – Add some milk to make the custard.
- Vanilla Extract – A drop of vanilla extract is essential to bring a nice flavor to the custard.
- Butter – Butter the casserole before adding the bread slices to it.
- Corn Syrup – Add corn syrup for making praline as it helps prevent sugar from crystalizing while cooking.
- Water – You will need water to prepare the raspberry syrup.
- Liquor – For strong and bitter flavors, add alcohol to raspberry syrup.
- Raspberries – Get fresh raspberries from the market to make raspberry syrup.
- Granulated Sugar – Use granulated sugar to make syrup sweet.
- Pecans – Pecans are amazing nuts used to make praline nuttier.
- Brown Sugar – Some brown sugar to caramelize the praline.
- Nutmeg – A pinch of nutmeg you need for a woody-flavored praline.
- Cinnamon – Prepare your custard with a pinch of cinnamon to enhance the aroma.
- Salt – A pinch of salt to balance the taste.
Steps To Make Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
1. Prep Your Pan
You will need a 9*13 inch pan for this French toast casserole. Grease it with butter. Then, start by slicing your bread into 1-inch 20 slices. Arrange all the bread slices into the pan.
2. Custard In Making
To prepare custard, take a bowl and whisk in eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Pour the custard into the pan over the bread slices. Make sure you spoon it properly between the slices as well. Ensure that the bread soaks up the custard quite well.
4. Cover And Freeze
Cover the casserole with foil paper. Refrigerate the dish overnight.
5. Make Praline
Take a medium bowl and combine butter, brown sugar, pecans, light corn syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend them well. Praline is ready. Please keep it in the refrigerator until the next day when you wish to use it for French toast.
6. Raspberry Syrup
In a saucepan, add raspberries, water, and liquor. Mix well. Heat on a medium flame. Stir well and cook until it comes out in a syrup form. This will take approximately ten to twelve minutes. Refrigerate the syrup until you prepare the casserole the next day.
7. Combine And Bake
It’s a D-day. Time to combine everything and bake. For that, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the casserole out of the refrigerator and top it up with praline.
Bake in the oven for forty-five minutes. Remove from the oven when you see it puffed and golden brown. Last, serve with raspberry syrup and enjoy.
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||53 g|
How Will Paula Deen French Toast Casserole Look And Taste Like?
A Paula Deen French toast casserole will have you craving more. The toast slices are crispy on the top and pudding-like consistency at the bottom.
The praline topping brings a nice crunch and nutty flavors. At the same time, the raspberry syrup gives it a tangy and slightly bitter taste. It’s a buttery and utterly delicious perfection.
Paula Deen French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 1 Loaf Of French Bread
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Liquor
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Salt (a dash)
- Take a pan and arrange bread slices in it.
- Make the custard by combining eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the custard over the bread slices.
- Refrigerate overnight so the bread soaks up the custard nicely.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, pecans, light corn syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well. Pralines are ready.
- Store the praline in the fridge for now.
- To make raspberry syrup, add raspberries, water, and liquor to a saucepan. Mix well. Heat on medium flame and stir continuously until the mixture changes to a syrup consistency.
- This will take between 10-12 minutes. Refrigerate the syrup.
- Remove the pan with bread slices from the refrigerator. Spread praline over it.
- Put it in the oven and bake for forty-five minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should you refrigerate bread with custard overnight?
There are mainly two reasons for this. Firstly, it allows the bread to soak up custard nicely. Also, it gives rich flavors to the bread. Secondly, if you have prepared it a day before, you stay hassle-free for the next day and bake and enjoy.
Can this French toast casserole be frozen or reheated?
The fully cooked casserole will taste best when it is eaten fresh. If you want to freeze some of the leftovers for a later date, wrap each portion separately in plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. Defrost the portions in the refrigerator overnight or defrost them in the microwave. Make it warm and enjoy.
Which types of bread can you use for French toast casserole?
You can use brioche, challah, baguette, Pullman loaf, and sourdough instead of french toast.
Why is your French toast casserole soggy?
The reason why your french toast casserole is soggy is that it’s not cooked long enough. If you want to make sure your French toast casserole is not soggy, you should cook it until it’s golden brown on the outside and soft in the middle.
Do you cover French toast casserole when baking?
When baking french toast casserole, there is no need to cover it. Because you have to see, it turning golden brown and puffing up well.
An easy french toast casserole recipe is the perfect breakfast for brunch! It’s an amalgamation of tastes and flavors. Perfect delicacy to make your morning tastier. I highly recommend making this recipe this weekend!