Paula Deen crockpot potato soup recipe is the ultimate comfort food. It’s easy, yummy, and so warm! Frozen hash browns make it a simple recipe. No peeling or chopping is required! Wanna know the full recipe? Read to know more.
The hearty and satisfying homemade potato soup comes together quickly. First, combine hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, onion, and black pepper in the crockpot. Slow cook for six hours long. It’s done!
For those who complain about soup consistency, here are some tips. Add heavy cream or roux to make the soup thicker and nicer.
It will change the game of soup. You can add steamed broccoli for some flavor variations too.
You will find many potato soup recipes online, but this one is different. It doesn’t include boiled potatoes. Instead, it uses hash brown potatoes made with shredded fried potatoes in oil.
It’s getting exciting, I know. Don’t wait a single moment and make this recipe. Follow the recipe instructions and start cooking! Check out other Paula Deen recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken Salad
- Paula Deen Monster Cookies
- Spicy Paula Deen Chili
- Paula Deen Lasagna
- Paula Deen Cream Corn
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie
- Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
- Paula Deen Prime Rib
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup?
- Crockpot – Combine all the soup ingredients in the crockpot.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir the soup well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||6 Hours||6 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup?
- Hash Browns – Use fried browns instead of potatoes. This makes the recipe unique.
- Chicken Broth – Flavor your soup with chicken broth.
- Cream Of Chicken Soup – A convenient substitute for condensed milk is the cream of chicken soup.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is used as a topping for a creamy and tangy flavor.
- Green Onion – Sprinkle green onions on the top for a colorful garnish.
- Onion – Onions are great for savory flavors to the potato soup.
- Black Pepper – Add black pepper to the potato soup for a spicy kick.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup
1. Prepare Crockpot
Let’s begin by combining all the ingredients in the crockpot. Combine frozen hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chopped onions, and black pepper in the crockpot.
2. Cover And Cook
Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook for five hours. Slow cooking will add more flavors with minimal effort.
3. Add Topping
While the soup is cooking, open the lid and add softened cream cheese. Mix well and cook for another thirty minutes.
The creamy and aromatic potato soup is ready.
|Total Fat||7.4 g|
How Will Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup Salad Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen crockpot potato soup is savory and mildly spicy. The hash brown brings a crispy layer to the soup. The cream of chicken soup and cream cheese adds a perfectly thick consistency. The green onions add a nice color to the soup.
Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe
- 30 oz Hash Browns
- 2 cans Chicken Broth
- 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- Green Onion (for garnishing)
- 1 large Onion
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Combine frozen hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chopped onions, and black pepper in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook everything in the crockpot for five hours.
- Add softened cream cheese while the soup is cooking.
- Mix well and cook for another thirty minutes.
- Paula Deen potato soup is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best way to make potato soup?
The best way to make potato soup is a slow-cooking method. This will enhance the flavor of the soup. Moreover, before putting potatoes into the soup, dice them evenly so you get better-textured soup.
What are some tips for making potato soup?
Give your amazing soup flavors by adding steamed broccoli. This will add color and nutrition to the soup. Moreover, add some heavy cream for a thicker soup.
Can you freeze potato soup?
Yes, you can freeze potato soup. The soup will be solid when cooled, so you’ll need to reheat it before serving. Make sure you store your soup in an airtight container because moisture can cause the soup to spoil faster than other frozen foods.
What are the best toppings for potato soup?
Try shredded cheese, croutons, bacon, sour cream, green onions, and hot sauce for topping.
Can you store potato soup?
You can store potato soup in the fridge for up to four days. Moreover, you can reheat the soup for five minutes and enjoy it.
How to thicken your potato soup?
You can add nuts and seeds for the thickness of the soup. Also, use flour and butter to make a roux and stir in the soup for some thickness.
Who doesn’t love potato soup? It’s one of the most essential recipes when it comes to soup. I’m going to tell you how to make the best potato soup ever just in case you have never tasted such a delicious dish before.
Check out the complete recipe and share your cooking experience in the comment section below.