Warning: when you go cheese mac, you never come back. The ultimate Paula Deen crockpot mac and cheese recipe will possess you for life. It is a hearty combination of cheese sauce, spicy cheese soup, and macaroni – a savage business.
Need a sneak peek of this recipe? If yes, then follow the steps to get it done right.
First, boil the macaroni, and then prepare the creamy cheese sauce made with spices and creamy soup.
Combine the boiled macaroni with the cheese sauce and cook in a slow cooker to acquire a perfect cheesy mac and cheese.
While you are making cheese sauce, add grated cheese in small batches. Cook your sauce on low heat to avoid graininess.
Another important tip is to cook mac and cheese on low heat for three hours. So, your mac and cheese will not be mushy, and you will get a good bite.
What makes this Paula Deen mac and cheese version special is cooking the mac and cheese slowly. Getting an ooey-gooey Paula Deen crockpot mac and cheese is not that tricky. So, shall we start cooking?
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Paula Deen Cherry Pineapple Congealed Salad
- Paula Deen Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
- Paula Deen Pot Roast
- Paula Deen Apple Pie
- Paula Deen Jello Salad
- Paula Deen Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen Roasted Turkey
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese?
- Crockpot – Let’s make your favorite mac and cheese in the crockpot.
- Saucepan – We need a saucepan to make sauces and soups here.
- Spatula – You need a good spatula to mix and combine ingredients.
- Bowl – When you finish boiling macaroni, transfer them to the bowl.
- Sieve – Drain your macaroni pasta using a sieve.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese?
- Macaroni – For mac and cheese, elbow macaroni pasta is always used.
- Cheddar Cheese – Start the cheesy affair with melting down cheddar cheese.
- Milk – Use whole milk for rich flavors in the mac and cheese sauce.
- Cooking Oil – Add cooking oil to saute and cook the vegetables.
- Sour cream – Add sour cream to the cheese soup for a tangy kick.
- Butter – Melt butter to make the roux.
- Eggs – Add eggs for a mouthwatering mac and cheese.
- Chicken Stock – Use chicken stock to make a thick cheddar cheese soup.
- Cream – Cream gives a rich texture to the soup.
- Green Onions – Garnish the soup with a handful of green onions.
- Flour – Use all-purpose flour to thicken the soup.
- Dry mustard – Dry spices like mustard adds a nice intense flavor to the soup.
- Pimentos – Pimentos are a kind of chili pepper that is sweet and hot.
- Salt – Balance the overall taste of mac and cheese with salt.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper is perfect for a spice.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
Take a saucepan. Add water and heat it until tender and hot. Add macaroni pasta to the saucepan. Add a pinch of salt for faster cooking of macaroni. Mix it well and simmer for ten minutes.
Macaroni will come softer after ten minutes of boiling. Drain the water and rinse the macaroni in cold water. Put some oil in the macaroni, so it doesn’t get too sticky.
Now let’s prepare the sauce. For that, you need a saucepan. Heat the saucepan on medium flame. Once the saucepan is hot, add butter and let it melt.
Then add grated cheddar cheese to it. Mix it well. Let the cheese melt for about two to three minutes. The sauce is ready.
3. Make Cheese Soup
Take a saucepan. Melt butter in it for one minute. Add onions and pimentos chili pepper for some savory and hot flavors. Cook for five minutes.
Stir in all-purpose flour, chicken stock, and cream and combine. Cook until you get a nice thick texture for about five minutes.
Then, add cheddar cheese and melt for a while. Next, add a handful of green onions and season the cheese soup with salt and black pepper. The soup is ready.
4. Slow Cook
Take a slow cooker. Combine cheese mixture, sour cream, condensed cheddar cheese soup, salt, milk, and dry mustard. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper. Mix everything well. Finally, add eggs with yolk to the cooker and combine evenly.
Further, add boiled macaroni and combine it with the cheese mixture. Set the slow cooker on low heat and cook for three hours. Cook your mac and cheese to perfection by stirring occasionally.
5. Serve And Enjoy
Yey! Crockpot mac and cheese is ready. Open the lid and serve in the bowls. Enjoy the cheesy mac and cheese.
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||39 g|
How Will Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese Look And Taste Like?
So, this Paula Deen crockpot mac and cheese is filled with lots of cheese and amazing spicy cheddar soup. These two addition makes the recipe look creamy and create a melting experience. You can only find cheese and softly cooked macaroni.
Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups Macaroni
- 2⅓ cups Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Milk
- Cooking Oil
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 1½ cup Chicken Stock
- 1½ cup Cream
- ½ cup Green Onions
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- ½ teaspoon Dry mustard
- 2 Pimentos (diced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper ( a dash)
- In the saucepan, add water and warm for some time. Then add macaroni to boil for ten minutes. Drain, rinse in the cold water, and keep it aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter on medium heat and add cheddar cheese. Combine the cheese with butter and melt it. The sauce will be ready in no time.
- To make cheddar cheese soup, melt butter in a saucepan. Then add onions and pimentos and cook for some time.
- Stir in all-purpose flour, chicken stock, and cream and combine. Cook until the soup is thick.
- Add cheddar cheese to the soup. Melt it—season with salt and pepper. Garnish the soup with green onions.
- Add cheese mixture, sour cream, condensed cheddar cheese soup, salt, milk, and dry mustard in a slow cooker. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix everything well.
- Add eggs with yolk to the cooker and combine.
- Add boiled macaroni and slow cook for three hours on low heat.
- Paula Deen crockpot mac and cheese is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What cheese is best for mac and cheese?
Using cheese for your mac and cheese is an art. There are various types of cheese you can choose from. Havarti cheese, pepper jack, Colby jack, parmesan, goat cheese, blue cheese, and gouda cheese. However, the best cheese for mac and cheese is cheddar cheese.
How to make mac and cheese like Paula Deen?
First, start with boiling macaroni. Then prepare the cheese sauce with butter and cheese. Then combine the cheese mixture, macaroni, sour cream, condensed cheddar cheese soup, milk, custard, salt, and pepper. Slow-cook everything for three hours in the crockpot and enjoy.
How long does it take to cook mac and cheese?
Slow cook for three hours if you are cooking mac and cheese in the crockpot. If baking the mac and cheese in the oven, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for thirty minutes until you see the top golden brown.
What goes well with mac and cheese?
This classic Paula Deen mac and cheese goes well with various dishes like caesar salads, roasted broccoli, sauteed vegetables, french bread, meatloaf, hamburgers, and baked chicken.
How to reheat mac and cheese?
Once the mac and cheese are cooled down, transfer them to the airtight container and store them in the fridge for a few hours. You can reheat the mac and cheese in the microwave for ten minutes and enjoy.
Need a real cheese recipe? Then this smooth and creamy Paula Deen mac and cheese is here to sort your hunger. Eat it as it is, or use this mac and cheese as your burger topping. The way you like! Let us know in the comments about your experience.