Winter season is around the corner. The most appropriate time to have comforting meals. What can be better than a hot bowl of Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash soup? Yes, you read that right! Today, I am going to share the recipe of Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash soup.
Paula Deen is a legendary American chef from the early 90’s. She is known for promoting South-American cuisine. Paula Deen’s creamy butternut recipe is a delicious, all-healthy recipe. This recipe goes perfectly with chicken broth and light cream. It is just the right recipe for satisfying your cosy cravings.
Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash is a simple yet so tasty recipe. Now we’ll discuss the time needed and the process involved in making it. Also, there are some basic equipment you will be needing to make this recipe. Don’t worry, this recipe covers it all. So now, let’s check out the process further. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen French Toast Casserole
- Paula Deen Banana Pudding
- Paula Deen Cherry Pineapple Congealed Salad
- Paula Deen Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Paula Deen Chicken And Dressing
- Paula Deen Pot Roast
- Paula Deen Apple Pie
- Paula Deen Jello Salad
- Paula Deen Mashed Potatoes
- Paula Deen Roasted Turkey
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup?
- Saucepan- Saucepan is required for making the soup.
- Food Processor- You’ll need a food processor for blending the butternut squash.
- Spoon- Spoon will be necessary for mixing the soup.
- Soup Serving Bowl- Serving bowl is required for serving the soup.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||40 minutes||45 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup?
- Carrots & onion- Carrots and onion will add a great taste to your soup.
- Butter- For giving a glossy look and smooth finish to your soup, put on your butter.
- Chicken Broth- Chicken broth adds depth to the soup along with salty flavour.
- Butternut squash- Butternut squash is the key ingredient you’ll require to make this paula deen’s creamy butternut squash soup.
- Light Cream- For giving a creamy texture to the soup you’ll need the light cream.
- Salt- Add salt as per your taste preferences.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
1. Heat Up The Saucepan
Heat up the sauce pan. Place Butternut squash in a saucepan, add onions & carrots. Now add chicken broth and salt to it.
2. Simmer It Up
Simmer the liquid with added vegetables for almost a time period of 40 minutes. Then we’ll move further to the next step which is blending.
3. Time For Some Blending
Pour the puree soup in a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to it and blend it for about half a minute. Now, add the half cup light cream in the soup for the creamy texture and flavour.
4. Ready To Serve
So the Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash soup is ready to serve. Use a big & wide soup bowl for serving.
|Saturated Fat||3.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.2 g|
How Will Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen’s creamy butternut squash soup is going to look incredibly good. With some vibrant colors in it, it’s actually going to be mouth watering. Coming forward to the taste, the taste is going to be very creamy and delicious.
Paula Deen’s Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Food Processor
- Soup Serving Bowl
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 2 lb butternut squash
- 1/2 cup Light Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the saucepan and add butternut squash to it.
- Add carrots, onion, chicken broth and salt to it.
- Simmer the veggies and the soup for about 40 minutes.
- Put the puree in a food processor, add 2 tablespoon butter to it.
- Blend it well for about a minute, add light cream to it.
- The Paula Deen creamy butternut squash soup is ready to serve.
I want you all to try this recipe at home and comment down in the section, how this soup tastes and looks like. If you want to add some change to this recipe go ahead and surely comment down in the comment section.